Buildings

Does anyone remember why Belizan and matthewv set up buildings to have a normal version and a flavor version? This is why we get doubles in the tech tree, but I can't find a benefit...

I remember that. I had made multiple versions of each building so that we could chage the effects of the buildings depending what civilization you were. We had 3 different flavors of civilizations and we wanted to make the 3 flavors drastically different from each other so that you would have to play completely different depending which civilization you chose.

Okay, just for you this pic. [/pleased]

Attachments

• moonbase.JPG
    moonbase.JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 231
Okay, just for you this pic. [/pleased]
Sweet:D :cool: We got to figure out how to change that brown dirt around the building though.

You guys have gained alot of talent and skills since a year ago. We can really pretty up this mod with some high quailty artwork.

Sweet:D :cool: We got to figure out how to change that brown dirt around the building though.

I might have a solution for that. But first prettying up the scale and distribution of the buildings... and nagging at Woodelf to change/create some textures/models. :D

You guys have gained alot of talent and skills since a year ago. We can really pretty up this mod with some high quailty artwork.

Since we couldn't delegate anymore... :mischief:

Nag away, but make sure you offer suggestions for textures.

And I'm glad to hear that you might be able to fix the dirt issue.

matthewv said:

Thanks. Like Geo said, necessity is the mother of invention. It's become easier to learn then to beg others lately. :p

Just a thought but would it add flavor to have multiple EXP buildings so that even in peace you can build nice level troops, there are tons of buildings in this scenario, some already overlap, city bunkers would be a good one for extra EXP to the weaker ground troops.

This could be fun and effective esp. to keep the weaker early troops still usefull if thet could get several building bonues.

Thanks dreadknought. Promotions, bonus xp, and things like that still need to be addressed.

Geo - For the cottage progression did you need me to make three additional nifs? I couldn't remember if I had or not, but in game only the last one shows. The first three are Vanilla graphics.

Were we going to simply have maybe a half row of panels for the cottage, a full row next, two rows after that and then end with the full three rows?

Geo - For the cottage progression did you need me to make three additional nifs? I couldn't remember if I had or not, but in game only the last one shows. The first three are Vanilla graphics.

Were we going to simply have maybe a half row of panels for the cottage, a full row next, two rows after that and then end with the full three rows?

Nevermind Geo. I made three more nifs real quick and put them into the game. I also found the missing dds file so now now pink building. :p

AFAIK, the cottage progression already works rather nice. I simply used 2 sizes of the same solar panel model. If you whipped up more panels, I'll be glad to introduce them too.
(and I omitted a .dds file? :confused: )

AFAIK, the cottage progression already works rather nice.

It was only showing one model for the solar yard. The other 3 were vanilla in the pedia. I don't know about in game.

I simply used 2 sizes of the same solar panel model. If you whipped up more panels, I'll be glad to introduce them too.

Three nifs added and I linked them in the ArtDefines_Improvements and they show in the pedia. I'll have to check in game to make sure I didn't break anything. :eek:

(and I omitted a .dds file? :confused: )

No, I did when I sent the file. The center building needed another dds.

Not a building, but a possible improvement for us here. I made it for the Star Wars mod as a water collector basically.

The blue is the cultural border, not water.

Top Bottom