BULL Multiplayer OoS

MadmanAtW

Knight
Are there any known OoS error sources in BULL right now, now that stack attack is fixed (not that we use that anyway)?
I am trying to track down the source of OoS errors I'm getting using Fuyu's Better BUG AI. I unfortunately don't have a strict correlation between anything in particular happening and the OoS, and I don't tend to have save games that happen to come just before one (I keep trying!). They tend to come after I end my turn (as the last human player), and I speculate that it might be connected to reports about what resources AIs are willing to trade. (It doesn't go OoS every time I get an announcement about that, but such announcements accompanied all the OoSs that I happen to remember the details of.)

In any case, I don't have enough useful information to actually point anyone in the right direction yet, but if there's a known OoS then I might be able to start looking in that direction myself. :)

All players must be using the same settings for Pre-Chopping (two settings) and Sentry Healing (two settings). If any player uses a different setting you'll get OOS errors. However, both of those things should activate during a human player's turn--not in-between turns. This is because those features all activate when a unit is told to continue its current mission, and that always happens while you're issuing unit orders or just after your turn starts.

The AIs obviously do not use these features, nor are they affected by them.

Ah right, there are those. We are studious about avoiding those issues, making sure to keep them the same (one player complained briefly that pre-chopping was interrupting his queued orders, but since I never queue orders on my workers I hadn't noticed ;)). I don't know why I hadn't thought about upping the autosave rate, it's such an obvious suggestion. I just kept randomly saving before hitting end turn and never happening to hit the right moment. I will report back if I manage to get a save game or more data.

You friend can easily queue full-chop orders by clicking the chop action button twice in a row with SHIFT held down. The first order will pre-chop and the second order will complete it. Any actions left in the queue will be processed normally.

Thanks, I've passed that on. Dunno if the person worked it out for himself already, but what the heck. Really, pre-chop is so useful that it was an acceptable tradeoff even before. :)

We might play some more tonight, if so I'll set my autosave to every turn and try to figure out what's going on here.

(Mutter mutter grumble, continued that game for 4 hours with no OoS errors. I mean, that's good, but, grr. No further updates until I actually get it to give me problems again.)

Top Bottom