Burnt Forests

I have a question regarding the recent addition of burnt forests. Do they grow back or are they gone permanently?

Okay, how long is it supposed to take?

ancient forest growing in taiga/tundra are losing terrain damage, is that intended or bug?

ancient forest growing in taiga/tundra are losing terrain damage, is that intended or bug?
It's been that way since terrain damage was introduced, I think it's a side effect bug related to how oasis remove damage from deserts in code.
It's probably unintended, no ones bothered to change it though.

I believe it was intended to show that it's such a dense forest that you can more easily find ways to survive and go unharmed in that tile.

RNG? Also I discovered guilds so I replanted a young forest on the plot, now I can not build a lumber mill. Is that intentional or a bug?

RNG? Also I discovered guilds so I replanted a young forest on the plot, now I can not build a lumber mill. Is that intentional or a bug?
Nothing was adapted to use young forest and ancient forest, if it already used forest feature.

So young forest improvement is useless for now. Wonder if I can fix it myself.

So young forest improvement is useless for now. Wonder if I can fix it myself.
You work the young forest to make it fully grown. Then you can put a lumber mill on it.

You can't have two improvements on the same plot. The young forest improvement upgrades to a forest improvement which is replaced in python with a forest terrain feature when it is built. This is also the way terriforming works. When you use terriforming to put a forest (improvement) on a plot then as soon as it is built it is replaced in python with a forest (terrain feature). Or that is how it used to be done. I think some of this is now done in the dll and controlled by the XML.

You work the young forest to make it fully grown. Then you can put a lumber mill on it.

You can't have two improvements on the same plot. The young forest improvement upgrades to a forest improvement which is replaced in python with a forest terrain feature when it is built. This is also the way terriforming works. When you use terriforming to put a forest (improvement) on a plot then as soon as it is built it is replaced in python with a forest (terrain feature). Or that is how it used to be done. I think some of this is now done in the dll and controlled by the XML.
This has changed though, young forest is no longer an improvement, it is a feature.
Random Number Generator.
A lumber mill needs a proper forest to make any kind of sense imo.

Well that burnt forest feature is weird in my opinion. The forests burned down in the ancient era, I was halfway through the medieval era and they still had not regrown. So thank goodness I am to able to replant the forests and with a little XML tweaking actually work the plot with up to date improvements. Time for a break from C2C before I lose my mind.

A lumber mill needs a proper forest to make any kind of sense imo.
Guess we should remove the option from light forests (savannah) then.

I suppose I felt you could get some amount of wood from it so why not, but I guess if they did take much wood for construction uses from here it would completely deforest in a round so would represent a chop more than an ongoing improvement.

I suppose I felt you could get some amount of wood from it so why not, but I guess if they did take much wood for construction uses from here it would completely deforest in a round so would represent a chop more than an ongoing improvement.

I suggest keeping it for preshistoric and ancient gathering camps, but ditching the lumbermill.

Top Bottom