C2C: RAAT MOD - Removes All Annoying Things from C2C

Since thy are optional you should be able to turn them of either by editing the MLF file in the Custom_Religion folder or by deleting those two folders. Try it and see, if you have problems report it in the bug thread.

It won't work. It will cause a bunch of xml loading errors because main xmls contain some references of modular religions. I reported this in religion thread sometime ago. I had to modifiy main xmls to remove them.

@Nimek and GodEmperor -

What do you think about
bringing Rocks to Rockets and RAAT more together,
to help players with older machines, or who dislike certain common things about C2C?

@Anyone

Does anyone want to see a more playable or lighter version of C2C?
What keeps you from making C2C your favorite mod or game?

It could encourage more innovation in C2C to make game options?
Or it could become a modular core to C2C, that could be more easily updated??

What would you like to see?

I would also like to ask everyone:

What are the top 7 things you think could be removed could make a streamlined or lighter C2C?

What are the top 7 things you dislike or would like to see improved about C2C?

I hope this conversation can continue to help make C2C even better!

My comments are in post #19, with the addition of removing the Garbage and Immigration civics. Hell, I'd also suggest removing the Earth-based geographic cultures and the complicated linguistic stuff.

I think that merging RAAT and R2R would be a good idea because C2C really does need streamlining. If it wasn't for the transhuman stuff (which I've never reached) or the prehistoric stuff, I'd only play RoM-AND, simply because the mod is just so damn big.

@Arakhor,

Thanks for responding so quickly, would you be willing to discuss these ideas with GodEmperor and Nimek?

Spoiler :

Personally, I would want to see fewer Stone Age and Transhuman techs, for as much as I love prehistoric stuff, having more than one-third of your technologies in just the first and last eras (R2R, rather than C2C) shows clear signs of uneven development time and, worse still, leads into a weak second and third era with some of the fewest techs by era.

I'd also like to see the removal of Mormonism and Scientology for reasons of either taste or distinction, as I've noted elsewhere, and replaced with a single religion called "New Faith" or "New Age Mysticism" etc.

Personally I would like the see the tech-tree more modular(by Era), so that people could play an expanded or shrunk tech-tree (n any era) as they wished. (Sometimes I would like to play a faster, or more complex prehistoric era, or skip it altogether). As for the future eras, they will be a WIP for a long time, and I hope we can make them more variable so we can play the future in very distinct and optional or random ways, probable, possible, consistent (civ vanilla), fantastic, sci-fi, post-apocalyptic, utopian, etc and the variations and combinations in between, so we can satisfy people. You should be able to play it your way.

I also think that all religions should be optional, since religion is something people take very seriously, and I think we could continue that discussion in the religion thread for C2C. I think both culture and religion should be able to be played generically, randomly, or specifically, So history could be remixed or followed as you like. I think you should be able to play a religion or a culture you want, exclude one you don't want, or let them be created as completely new ones.
They should be optional, selectable, and random as you choose. (I for one would love to play both historical scenarios and remixed ones where things happen to some degree of controllable/optional/selectable/random fashion - Kinda of like playing an Earth Map - or a Random Map.)

Arkkhor, I know a lot of people would probably agree with you and I want to work towards making this possible, arguably some people want less techs (I personally want to see them expanded) but I want people to have the option. Sometimes we may all want to play a more historical or realistic game, a more quick game, or a more expanded game, or start in a different era(not all games should explore the same future, or past).

Either way, further discussion will help us to solve these problems.

I bet we could come to some general agreement, on most things, and make some progress.
I would like to get the conversation going.

How do other people feel about exploring these things?

I see many options before all of us:

1. Having a separate mod, that explores these things
-hard to keep both them in sync/updated (one will get abandoned).
2. Having an C2C-Light type updatable core mod, that can port things over, and selectable options to change(or remove) things. C2C make it more streamlined and acceptable.
(It would be nice to make it easy to follow update from C2C versions.)
3. Working to make things in Core C2C more optional and modular.
4. and less desirable others. (in my opinion)

I am open to exploring what other people want to.

I do think that making eras optional (and modular) could solve a lot of these problems.
I would bet there are a lot of people who would prefer to skip the prehistoric era (though I would love to see it more interesting and variable) or the future eras (historic purists). This could get a lot more players who want to skip to a favorite era, (or dislike one - though I think it should spark improvement discussion)

If we make the Era's more modular, we might be also open up a whole new set of improved ideas.
It would allow people to play their favorite version of an mod-modded era, and inspire options and changes in core C2C.
You could play more historical, brief, or fleshed out versions of tech-trees in certain areas, as you wished. This way people could play either a simple or improved tech-tree as they wished.

Alternate Tech-trees could also lead to different views or remixes of history and lead to the inspiration of improved or expanded eras. Eras could be beta-versioned or separately worked out in the mod-mod section before they are included in the core or a new official C2C released.
Eras could then be freely experimented with. A streamlined and/or a less annoying version could be worked out as individual mod-mod eras and easily updated with core C2C. This way the arguments on tech-tree size, or changes could become easily settled. Only the most agreed upon eras could become core, any other could inspire it, and simpler versions would be much easier to update and be accessed. Improved or expanded versions could even inspire improvements of them, which could in turn inspire changes to the core C2C.

It could even lead to the modular exploration of inserted eras like the Dark Ages or possible additions, like Post-Apocalyptic, that could be triggered at different times. What if the Dark Ages happened today? What if there was an 18th Century Apocalypse. Or an Alien Invasion?
I see it as eventually leading to the development of all sorts of individual and collected theme packs of eras, and explorations of the way people would like to play Civ,

Ultimately, I hope we can fix some things, and explore options for opening up gameplay to more people.
What else would you change or fix?

@Everyone
What do other people here think about C2C's perceived problems and what could be done to solve them?
What do you like or dislike? What would you change/improve if you could?

It won't work. It will cause a bunch of xml loading errors because main xmls contain some references of modular religions. I reported this in religion thread sometime ago. I had to modifiy main xmls to remove them.

Both Scientology and Mormon are fully modular and can be turned off. Some of the others may not be and need some work to make them so.

Makes it all the more important to make it easy to know they can, how to do it, and make it easier to access(as possible).

@Arakhor,

Thanks for responding so quickly, would you be willing to discuss these ideas with GodEmperor and Nimek?

I don't mind, of course, but I'm unsure how useful it would be. I have a fairly old computer and I don't play much above Noble, so I'm probably not the target audience. :)

This project is abandoned. Now I am working on ideas for another modmod
(now I know what is possible via XML and what not)

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=497359

Everything is in first post. The goal is to make expansive strategy more dificult and more fun. Some ideas are merged in v31 directly (like Realistic city siege).

SO if you have any good ideas that was not added in basic C2C please post them in strenght and honor thread.

Top Bottom