C2C - Transhuman Era

Hey all, thought I'd drop in, say 'hi' and see how everything's doing.

Looking at the newest transhuman/galactic techs given on the spreadsheet, I had a few ideas go through my head.

In relation to the recon/sniper deal going on, I was thinking instead of having a HiTech/Android/etc sniper, we can go into a little more detail.

Sniper change: Can not attack, can kill 1 non-mechanical unit 2 tiles away at 60% chance.
Upgrades to: Tactical Sniper

Technology at x83:
Location Prediction
Req: Machine Learning
Leads to: Military Robotics
Promotion: Shot Leading I, II
Promo Req: HiTech, UNV, UAV
Descrip: Adds n% to offensive strength.
Unit: Tactical Sniper
Description: Can not attack, can kill 1 non-mechanical unit 2 tiles away at 70% chance.
Upgrades to: Ionic Sniper

Rename to Probability Simulation or Heuristic Simulation or Target Scanning. It can be the earlier version of Biometric Warfare.

Requires: Machine Learning
Leads to: Augmented Reality and Disaster Robots

I like this, and can visualize it having Internal Shockwave Engine or Fusion as a power source. Will fit nicely with Amplified Wavelengths and Supercharged Crystallography.

Technology at x92:
Miniaturized Accelerator
Req: Railgun, Nanogenerators
Leads to: Warmachines, Superstrong Alloys
Unit: Ion Piercer
Description: Artillery that may shoot up to 5 tiles away. Has massive advantages against armored and mechanical opponents. The ionized projectile can pierce the hardest metals up to one meter thick, rendering most physical armors useless.
Unit: Ionic Sniper
Tech Req: Location Prediction
Description: Can not attack, can kill 1 non-mechanical unit 3 tiles away at 80% chance.

I like this.

Technology at x95:
Solardynamics
Req: Magnetic Sails
Leads to: Orbital Flight
Allows Universities to grant orbital/interplanetary vehicles made in the city double movement.

I like this too. It seems like a primitive version of Astrogation Constellations at x102. I think It should require Advanced Computers.

Technology at x105:
Applied Astrophysics
Req: Solardynamics, Orbital Megastructures
Leads to: Planetary Defenses, Solar Ordnance
Description: With a growing presence in space, spacial physics is much better understood. Computers can give a 99.99% accuracy firing solution.
Civic: Firing Solution
Description: This. The government has forbidden any non-targeted gunfire in space for this reason. All non-biological units suffer -10% strength. Civilizations without this civic receive a +5 :mad: in each city. (Purposefully meant to be a lose-lose situation. ;))
Unit: Orbital Sniper
Description: Land unit that can not attack, can intercept aerial vehicles in a 3 tile radius at a 90% chance or intercept orbital vehicles in a 1 tile radius at a 60% chance.

I like this with some added requirements like Astrogation Constellations.

I think they are all worth of being added with tweaked requirements.

Name |Description
Infantry Solider | Basic Grunts, the Pawns of Chase. Immune to EMP.
Clones | Cheap Cannon Fodder, Very Week against Genetic Pathogens
Automatron| upgrade of clones
Cyborgs | cheaper than clones, but weak agaisnt pathogens and Emp.
Pathogens | Super against Organic, No effect against inorganic, has classes
Pathogen Classes | 5 levels. Biological (anti organic) and Genetic (anti clone).
EMP| Super Against Inorganic, no effect against organic
EMP Classes | White, Red, Green, Blue, Violet, Black
Droids | Healer Units
Hackers | Spy Units
Sentience | upgrade of Hackers
Walkers | Earliest Robots
Androids | Upgrade of Walkers, very intelligent
Humanoids | Upgrade of Androids, ultra intelligent
Tanks | Standard Armor, Dreadnaught (offence) , Centurion (defence)
Hover Tank| Immune to Mines, cross ocean
Landspeeder | Scouts, Very Fast Moment
Mechs | upgrade of droids, Assault, Defense, Heavy, Recon, Bombard, Engineer (repair)
Ultramecha| super expensive, walking command center
Dinosaur | immune to most Pathogens and EMP, has a forcefield on its back.
Sniper | long range
Artillery | really long range
Accelerator | shorter range but max damage then recharge.
Orbital | great against Satellites and buildings
Statrophere| command centers, Battleship zepplins (good against naval ships but suck against orbitals)
Helicopter|
Naval Ships |
Submarine |
Air|
UAV | cheap air units
UNV| cheap naval units
Hovercraft | super fast water scouts
Plasma, Volt, Photon, Spectrum (Optronics)| the new flamethrowers
Siren | mobile broadcast tower (spreads propaganda)
Mythological | cybernetic beasts immune to most EMP
Anima | immune to Pathogens
Telekinetic | excellent against new flamethrowers
Gravity | great against telekinetic but crap against air and orbital
Strike Force | first motorcycle, then land speeder, than antigrav. Assassin and Sabotage units
Engineer | repair for inorganics , traps
Geneticist |repair for organics, biological weapons
Jammers |
Special Forces | take over cities, have jetpacks
Extreme Ops | more expensive than Special Forces but more powerful. Have area weapons
Ultra Ops | Stealth Snipers, more expensive, have " one shot" hand cannons
Tachylon | anti-stealth but expensive to maintain

i'am curious about the dinosaur type unit.what would be,a t-rex with a shield in the back to protect soldiers???

Probably a Triceratops. You can put heavy weapons on a t Rex. it has to do with physiology, it's easier to strap a heavy cannon on a 50 foot creature than to make a 50 foot mech. It's a cheap mech. mind controlled. It would have heavy body armor.

It

animals still need food and armor against bullets so the final cost maybe isn't that different of mechs.also mass producing triceprators take more time than mechs.i'm not saying that is not cool,but i think that due being so uncommon ,would make sense that they are units for an alt-tech

animals still need food and armor against bullets so the final cost maybe isn't that different of mechs.also mass producing triceprators take more time than mechs.i'm not saying that is not cool,but i think that due being so uncommon ,would make sense that they are units for an alt-tech

If it sounds too out there, we don't have to have them as Units but I think its cool.

it sound cool but it is out of place imo-it seem to be the type of thing you build for the fun.also coolness doesn't equal effectiveness.still you have a modmod for trying your ideas so i think that if you test then and you think is a good addition,there wouldn't be a problem for adding then in game

a cyborg dinosaurs effectiveness from my point of view is:
pros:
-can produce fear to enemy soldiers
-smaller dinosaurs(raptors)could be great for urban ambushes and against other animals
-cheaper to make than tanks or mech
cons:
-some of then would be easy targets.mobility in four leg dinosaur is a problem.
-armor and weapons can weigth a lot .if they are litghweigth weapons or armor they can be more expensive than similar weapons system and reduce the price advantage of dinosaurs
-if they are cyborgs they are vulnerable to emp
-natural protecion is useless even against small firearms (they may take some bullets before dying,but survality is worst than artificial defenses)

overall i think that smaller dinosaurs would be effective,but biggers not.also this dinosaurs would be used in zoos mainly

ps:about EMP,they only affect electronics not mechanism.so a ww2 tank wouldn't be affected at all but an Abrams would be stooped unable to move

If a civilization chooses to resurrect dinosaurs for military purposes, its population would get a lot of :mad: because a portion would deem it 'unfair' seeing as their sole purpose to not be kept at rest is to serve fights and die.

In my opinion, mechs would be a morally correct choice in the eyes of a civ's population. For example, something from Battle LA would do just fine. For those who haven't seen it: it's a mobile battle station that walks on four legs that can carry weapons and ammo and has gattling guns on the front.

EDIT: A point on EMP's is that they affect things with small circuitry i.e. microchips. It's a common misconception that they'd affect a powergrid and large telephone wire-sized circuitry. However, to protect against EMP's most military hardware is EMP proofed meaning that they're wrapped in a copper mesh and surrounded by styrofoam for storage. Military satellites have this done to them to protect them from both emp's and solar flares.

In my opinion, mechs would be a morally correct choice in the eyes of a civ's population. For example, something from Battle LA would do just fine. For those who haven't seen it: it's a mobile battle station that walks on four legs that can carry weapons and ammo and has gattling guns on the front.

I think it will be only a matter of time when "Robot Rights" are brought up. The more human like robots become, the more feelings come up.

I think it will be only a matter of time when "Robot Rights" are brought up. The more human like robots become, the more feelings come up.

That's the Tech Binary Legislation right there.

EDIT: A point on EMP's is that they affect things with small circuitry i.e. microchips. It's a common misconception that they'd affect a powergrid and large telephone wire-sized circuitry. However, to protect against EMP's most military hardware is EMP proofed meaning that they're wrapped in a copprr mesh and surrounded by styrofoam for storage. Military satellites have this done to them to protect them from both emp's and solar flares.
A emp doesn't affect only microchips.it can also affect other electrical equipment if it is in a high energy form.in the 19 th century there was a solar radiation that burn the telegraph lines of america.i saw a documentary that the US army train sometimes with obsolote weapons so that in case of an EMP they were at least able to figth.
From wikipedia:
The direct effect of a very large EMP is to induce high currents and voltages in the victim, damaging electrical equipment or disrupting its function. A very large EMP event such as a lightning strike is also capable of damaging objects such as trees, buildings and aircraft directly, either through heating effects or the disruptive effects of the very large magnetic field generated by the current. An indirect effect can be electrical fires caused by the heating. Most engineered structures and systems require some form of protection against lightning to be designed in. These damaging effects have led to the introduction of EMP weapons.

also satelites are protected due space hazards ,but land vehicles and air ones aren't protected

A emp doesn't affect only microchips.it can also affect other electrical equipment if it is in a high energy form.in the 19 th century there was a solar radiation that burn the telegraph lines of america.i saw a documentary that the US army train sometimes with obsolote weapons so that in case of an EMP they were at least able to figth.
From wikipedia:
The direct effect of a very large EMP is to induce high currents and voltages in the victim, damaging electrical equipment or disrupting its function. A very large EMP event such as a lightning strike is also capable of damaging objects such as trees, buildings and aircraft directly, either through heating effects or the disruptive effects of the very large magnetic field generated by the current. An indirect effect can be electrical fires caused by the heating. Most engineered structures and systems require some form of protection against lightning to be designed in. These damaging effects have led to the introduction of EMP weapons.

also satelites are protected due space hazards ,but land vehicles and air ones aren't protected

I did say i.e. meaning in example. However, man-made EMP's cannot (neither currently nor in the forseen 'irl' future) displace enough electrons to hurt a large wire. The thing about solar flares and lightning bolts, is that the electrons aren't lazily wafting through space in a wave till they hit something. They're focused beams traveling with well over a hundred times the momentum any man-made machine can. Sure we have an atomic bomb capable of reaching a thousand times the heat of the sun's core, but that's naught but a molecule in comparison to the sun's mass. Human EMP's and bombs will always lack mass to carry the destructive momentum forward like a lightning bolt, a solar flare, or even a hurricane. Hell, the most massfull destructive force on Earth by far is the earthquake. Even a level 1 earthquake surpasses the force of a solar flare, moving trillions of tons of dirt, rock and lord knows what else even 1 centimeter.

So why, then, is the detonation of nuclear weaponry a significant distance above the target city considered to be the lead in of any well planned nuclear attack strategy? The purpose of this detonation is not to physically damage the location but flat out wipe out the electrical grid with the resulting massive EMP pulse. Are you saying there's no current theoretical physics that could suggest a means to generate such a massive pulse without the need for a full scale nuclear blast wave? Or are you suggesting this strategy is inert in and of itself because "no human generated EMP can knock out a power grid"?

So why, then, is the detonation of nuclear weaponry a significant distance above the target city considered to be the lead in of any well planned nuclear attack strategy? The purpose of this detonation is not to physically damage the location but flat out wipe out the electrical grid with the resulting massive EMP pulse. Are you saying there's no current theoretical physics that could suggest a means to generate such a massive pulse without the need for a full scale nuclear blast wave? Or are you suggesting this strategy is inert in and of itself because "no human generated EMP can knock out a power grid"?

The bolded is on the right track. However, there are theories of being able to do such, but none of them are plausible in the scope of cost vs efficiency. What detonating a nuclear bomb in the stratosphere does is cause half the electrons of recently obliterated atoms to settle the atmosphere, causing a static field. This static field is ambient enough to creep into buildings and cause magnetic fluctuations amongst larger wires. In effect, shutting off electricity while the field lasts. However, it doesn't actually destroy most electronics - again, save for the smaller, more fragile circuits like in a cell phone, computer, etc. Similarly, a rocket to be launched into space cannot be sent up when a static field passes overhead, although the satellite inside the rocket is protected, the navigational systems in the rocket would get short-circuited due to the electro-magnetic interference of the field.

I should add though - many circuitry in orbit near a nuclear explosion for the sake of an EMP do get knocked out, but the EMP is the least of its worries. Hypothetically should a nuclear-grade EMP without the nuclear force be detonated in a near-vacuum, then yes, the electrons could technically be able to destroy large wires, but in a VERY close proximity.

Do you think it would be possible to simulate an earthquake in the future, as in make the ground shake with some sort of pulse or blast?

bombs were use in ww2 to generate earthquakes

Top Bottom