C3C PBEM : "Zama" - Rise of Rome scenario-based PBEM

I've replayed the save, solved what I believe to be the problem, and sent it to Justus II.:)

Every first turn in a PBEM starts with shields in the box and food in the box. It is very nice as it allows for some really nice rushing.

I have just found out that I will be part of the football coaching staff that is traveling this weekend and will be gone on Friday Saturday and portions of Sunday. Sorry for the inconvience.

Thanks for everyone's quick responses, we have the game underway again. Apparently, when Corsair exited and saved, he didn't hit the End Turn button first, so it didn't process the end-of-turn things, but we are back on track now. :)

Romeothemonk: Thanks for the notice. I should mention, I'm in the National Guard, and am usually gone the first weekend of each month, although lately I've been able to get home in the evenings, so I can usually get a turn in if it's up to me.

Von Diplomacy said:
any room left
You want to play? Sorry, all places taken. If they weren't, we wouldn't be playing it yet, would we?
Lots of other Rise of Rome PBEMs at the minute, see if any of those are open.:)

Despite the ferocious defense of Carthage's evil Mercenaries, and the loss of two precious Legions, the cities of Syracuse and Marsala have been secured for the People of Rome, with Caesar Augustus personnally leading the exploitation to Marsala. 340BC has been sent on.
EDIT: Almost forgot to mention, the people are so excited with the victories, that they have declared a Golden Age of Rome! :)

[Not sure of the 'reporting requirements', but after reading through some of the other PBEM threads, I'm just posting highlights, a detailed battle log will be emailed to Corsair. If we want more details or screenshots, we can discuss how to handle that.]

Damn, I never expected an army....This doesn't look rosy for Carthage. This means I have no landing point on Sicily. :eek:

Just checking to see where the turn was ... see someone is away for the weekend.

Like the idea of a battle/historical report posted here. We're supposed to report units that we have killed anyway so putting it here is a good idea.

Anyways ... enjoying this game even with the hoplights massing on my land and leaving filth in their place :mad:

Hmm, The mighty greek forces have killed the following units at Iconium, A sword, an immortal, a horse and an archer. An archer shows on top. Yay.
A Persian galley was also sent to Davey Jones locker, a little before it was invented.

I took out a Roman galley near Corsica. (Or whatever it's called;))
Evacuating troops from Sicily.

Got/Played/Sent. We suffered the loss of another precious Legion taking Aleria (on Corsica), but now the others are stranded! And we lost another galley off the coast of Sicily, but our now-elite flagship came through to sink the rescue ship, sticking around long enough to hear the drowning cries of the last defenders of Sicily. ;)

I took out a spear and an archer in Iconium, but Iconium still stands. I think he is just Throwing up mass units for me to kill. That is ok by me.

Iconium - Mac Army destroyed
Ancyra - Mac Hoplite killled

The Persian people have awakened from their slumber and cry REVENGE for the slaughter of innocents at Iconium !

In the immortal words of Caesar, I Got, I Played, I Sent.

No 'real' battles, I captured a Carthaginian worker, and dispersed a barb camp.

Since the empire of Persia is not broadcasting much news, I will for it.
Today 4 of our Brave Persian troops, with numerical superiority were cruelly ambushed and slaughtered on the road to Ancyra. Our Navy has not been heard from and all the starting galleys have lost contact with our ports.
Nevertheless we expect good things, although we are losing 2.5 units for every Greek we kill. We assume the Egyptians will remain peaceful, as well as the Sycthians.

Editors Note, wait 7 more turns for the thrilling conclusion of the Egyptian Neutrality question.

romeothemonk said:
Editors Note, wait 7 more turns for the thrilling conclusion of the Egyptian Neutrality question.

Just to clarify, there were to be no AI alliances/wars or worker trades for the first 10 turns, but we've already played 5 (the 6th turn is making the rounds now). So, if I'm counting right, full AI diplomacy should open with the 300BC turn, correct? (or maybe the Macedonians are trying to confuse the Persians... ;) )

Top Bottom