C3C v1.22 Patch Update (requires v1.20)

I appreciate the speed in correction, but maybe they should just give up and work on Civ 4.

I haven't installed 1.20 yet so I think I'll just wait for the full patch to come out next week...still in the middle of a game on 1.15 (which is fine, by the way :)

Now let's fix:

-submarine bug
-airdefence ai script

...and i shall play.
:cool:

I agree with kettyo, they REALLY need to do something about the submarine bug. That is SO annoying and has the potential to be a real game buster.

Just today I had an MPP with Spain and they were gracious towards me, and we were trading like 3 luxuries a piece to each other. I had a nuclear sub off the coast of a mutual enemy we were fighting when one of Spain's AEGIS cruisers bumped into my sub.

It took like 10+ minutes of game time for Spain to finish attacking me ALL over the world, so it was VERY VERY annoying having to wait that long to reload the game.......

Firaxis, PLEASE fix this bug ASAP.

Originally posted by RX2000
I agree with kettyo, they REALLY need to do something about the submarine bug. That is SO annoying and has the potential to be a real game buster.

Just today I had an MPP with Spain and they were gracious towards me, and we were trading like 3 luxuries a piece to each other. I had a nuclear sub off the coast of a mutual enemy we were fighting when one of Spain's AEGIS cruisers bumped into my sub.

It took like 10+ minutes of game time for Spain to finish attacking me ALL over the world, so it was VERY VERY annoying having to wait that long to reload the game.......

Firaxis, PLEASE fix this bug ASAP.
Aegis cruisers can see subs. That wasn't a bug, it was a sneak attack.

Also, whats up with v1.21 vs. v1.22? The download is called 1.22, but the installer itself calls it 1.21.

I know they can see subs, but I still think when anything bumps into a sub its automatic war. Is that not part of the bug? I'm gonna load my saved game now and see if moving the sub makes a difference.

*Edit* Ok maybe I wont reload it, I forgot that you cant load 1.15 games with the 1.22 patch.

Anyways, I find it EXTREMELY unlikely that a civ that was and had been for a long time Gracious towards me, who I was doing several trades with, who I had an MPP with, AND was at war against a common enemy, would suddenly sneak attack one of my subs. Surely that has to be the sub bug.

If its not the sub bug, maybe Firaxis needs to hit the drawing board again on when other civs will decide to sneak attack? :p

Originally posted by JazzToucan
I appreciate the speed in correction, but maybe they should just give up and work on Civ 4.

I don't wanna shatter your dreams,but if firaxis can't make
a decent (single) patch to fix all of the irritating bugs
don't expect cIV to be problem/bug free.They will only make
a bigger mess of it.

Nope, I just uninstalled and reinstalled the whole game so I could go back and play the save. When I moved the sub and put a destroyed over it, they didnt declare war.

Moral: Even AEGIS cruisers can bump into subs and declare war.

*EDIT* In fact, if anyone wants to test this sub bug for themselves, go to this thread ----->

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=83958

and download the saved game I uploaded.

Find the nuclear sub that is sitting off the coast of the last Carthaginian cities. If you move the nuclear sub up 5 squares so that it is right beside the radar tower, Spain will bump into it with an AEGIS cruiser and declare war. If you put the destroyer over the sub, Spain will not declare war. Thats pretty conclusive proof as far as I'm concerned.

Yea I did that right after I posted here.

Originally posted by watorrey
Let us not forget the AI never uses a MGL to build an army.

Yea thats an annoying bug also.....

Originally posted by microbe
you should post in the bugs forum.

Have you looked at the bugs forum? The number of entries is so high that no-one can keep track. Unfortunatelly serious issues there drown in the number of threads that report normal features in the game.

Most annoying in my book:
-Scientific Golden Age doesn't work
-Barbarians do nothing most of the time

Nice to haves in AI behaviour:
-They should be aware that they can capture workers with non-amphibious units from ships
-They should build and use armies
-They should use suicide galleys/curraghs (part of the seafaring trait is higher chance of survival for suicidal galleys - AI won't use that)

There are still several issues with Civ3, some balancing things but most noticeable the submarine bug, Scientific GA, Barbs doing next to nothing.

But I will NEVER EVER complain about bugs in Civ3, even if a patch for a patch is kind of annoying.

I just bought SACRED some days ago, and even after three patches, there are TONS of obvious bugs, the worst was that some savegames will not load after you re-enter the game and try to load them - that was really annoying.

After SACRED, I can only smile about such minor bugs... SACRED taught me to be SCARED of real bugs!

After finishing Far Cry (great) and getting pissed off by Sacred, I came back to Civ 3 1.15b. With a No-CD crack you do not need even to play disc-jockey, so I will wait for a 1.25 patch and the proper crack. I own the original game, but I could never stand those copy protections forcing me to have always the CD at hand.

Originally posted by Longasc
There are still several issues with Civ3, some balancing things but most noticeable the submarine bug, Scientific GA, Barbs doing next to nothing.

But I will NEVER EVER complain about bugs in Civ3, even if a patch for a patch is kind of annoying.

I just bought SACRED some days ago, and even after three patches, there are TONS of obvious bugs, the worst was that some savegames will not load after you re-enter the game and try to load them - that was really annoying.

After SACRED, I can only smile about such minor bugs... SACRED taught me to be SCARED of real bugs!

After finishing Far Cry (great) and getting pissed off by Sacred, I came back to Civ 3 1.15b. With a No-CD crack you do not need even to play disc-jockey, so I will wait for a 1.25 patch and the proper crack. I own the original game, but I could never stand those copy protections forcing me to have always the CD at hand.

I'm sorry that I can't agree with you.
The pure fact that there are companies on the market who don't care about the customer at all - aka are not able to release working patches - should result in the customers not buying any more games from them in the future.
It should *not* be an excuse for other companies to do minor things first *AND* fail even with these minor things.

Civ3 is out for about 3 years, if I remember correctly. It has a history of patches. PTW is out for 2 years and had some of the current C3C bugs already solved. C3C now is out for 6 months.
I'd guess that 6 months should be enough time to find the appropriate coding section as of PTW and to put it in C3C, as far as the sub bug is concerned.

The fact that the SGL is made optional seems to be a hint that they couldn't identify the coding section which causes the SGA not to work properly.
There seem to be other features of the game which do not work properly either. What's about the colleteral damage? A feature, which is mentioned in the editor, but seems not to be used anywhere in the game. At least, I never noticed it somewhere.

Civ3 didn't support mp games. PTW didn't support them properly. C3C seem not to do so either.

All these features are key features of the game.

That some people say "Well, I don't like SGA's, I don't play mp-games and I don't care about collateral damage" doesn't mean that they are not bugs.

The history of Firaxis to solve those issues has gotten very poor in the last months.
Our - the customers - willingness not only to tolerate this poor history, but to cheer and welcome any new patch, may it solve problems or create new ones, just doesn't make them eager to put more effort in their attempts.

And we should be very well aware that they are planning to release a Civ4 in the future.
What they learn right now is that the community of players seems to accept almost everything, whatever it is.
*We* - the customers - train them to go for the quick release, not for quality.
This is, what we should be aware of. Period.

Top Bottom