- Speeds up animations
- Add Civilopedia and WorldBuilder

Instructions

- Back up files from Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Base\Assets\UI\FrontEnd\
- Copy files to Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Base\Assets\UI\FrontEnd\

See image below:

Read more about this resource...

Last edited:
Is the WorldBuilder functional? Have you used it to create or edit a map?
I only tried to make new maps and save them to user folder. Have not tried modifying stuff. But looks functional. Many dropdown controls. You can set civs (major and minor) starting locations, presumably for scenarios..

I have created a map and modified some tiles. I have successfully played it in a mod using instructions by tazpn314 at http://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/how-to-launch-the-ingame-worldbuilder.600327/#post-14517066

Make sure you have at least the minimum number of starting locations for the players (6 for standard). Works fine for single and multiplayer.

The map is saved in "My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Saves\WorldBuilder\" folder with extension .Civ6Map. Copy over this map file into your mod folder.

Last edited:
Thank you, that worked great. And thanks for this mod, it saved me a lot of trouble.

My only problem is start positions.

When I leave all players as random civs on setup, I had only a limited number of civilizations available in World Builder to place starts. No Japan, for example.

When I set the player as a specific civilization, I could set the start spot for that civilization in particular, and then a generic numbered starting sports for the AI slots. But when I start the game as that civilization, I'm not on the correct spot.

Thank you, that worked great. And thanks for this mod, it saved me a lot of trouble.

My only problem is start positions.

When I leave all players as random civs on setup, I had only a limited number of civilizations available in World Builder to place starts. No Japan, for example.

When I set the player as a specific civilization, I could set the start spot for that civilization in particular, and then a generic numbered starting sports for the AI slots. But when I start the game as that civilization, I'm not on the correct spot.

i don't know the details to the WorldBuilder. you probably have to create a proper scenario mod in order to set start locations for specific civs. i.e. in your config.xml under <Settings> in .modinfo

While your work deserves a medal, the same cannot be said about Firaxis. This clunky hunk of atrocities is in no way equivalent to the Civ V World Builder (that also left a lot to be desired...). :sad: An absolutely critical omission is the lack of a customizable brush-size; you must literally edit the map one tile at a time, which is patently ridiculous. As far as I can tell, there is no way to specify a custom tile-size for the map, either (you must choose one of the default ones). All Civs can not be placed on a Standard sized map. Etc... I certainly hope that they add a lot of features to the WB when they release it 'for real', because otherwise there will be a lot more frowny faces on these forums. Unfortunately, with all the bugs in the game, fixing the WB may well take a serious back-seat.

One thing I trust them not change though are the craggly borders for the map tiles, which are inherited straight from the Strategic View. I must lower myself to begging a modder to change this asap to straight lines, because it makes it much harder for me to work. Even if all other features were restored, I'm not sure I could finish a Civ VI map with this hideous distraction in place.

Hey Chinese American! I downloaded the game from steam, and i have been trying to use this mod but it is not working. I don't know where to put the files. Help me please!

within the Steam folder, look for the folder mentioned in the first post.
backup the two files MainMenu.lua and MainMenu.xml.
extract the .7z that you downloaded to replace these two files.

Could you please make a merged version with restart button? they are both very important tools, now they are conflicting.

I cannot locate where to save the files.. My PC doesn't recognize the directory Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Base\Assets\UI\FrontEnd\

I cannot locate anything within the Steam folder either.

Thanks for this. Very useful.
But, after patch 1 in CIV 6, I can´t activate your enhanced main menu. The enhanced menu no works for me. Any update?

Thanks for your quick response.
But still no match your updated version, for me. I tried several turns, with negative result.
Perhaps the reason is the "mainmenu.xml" file, still in 25.10.16 date? Any suggestion?
Thanks for your work anyway

EDIT: After reinstall game and update patch, i can see again your useful enhanced menu.
Your work is great ! Is very appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited:
I cannot locate where to save the files.. My PC doesn't recognize the directory Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Base\Assets\UI\FrontEnd\

I cannot locate anything within the Steam folder either.

Hi, i would really love to use this mod but dont know how to do so. I cant find the \Base folder either. I dont know much about programing (i had to google what lua was ).
Would really apreciate if you could give a more detailed explaination on how to get the world builder. i followed the other link that i saw above about a fireturner. that was foreign to me completely... last time i played civilization the game had a built in world builder ;)

Sorry Chinese American for the request! thx regardless for the work.

it's usually in "Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meiers Civilization VI\Base

There is a problem here. The menu is okay, but there is no options. No "New Game", no "Additional Content", just the blue screen with the maps animation. It's a problem with my computer or I just screwed up when I downloaded it?

Top Bottom