Calculating victory points

Adrenaline15

Chieftain
how do i calculate victory points and what do i go to get victory points?:confused: can some1 tell me pls?

The victory points calculation is complex; the full formula is given somewhere among these forums, but I don't, regrettably, remember which one. Anyway, to use it you would need to know (a) the number of land tiles you own, and their proportion in relation to the total land tiles on your map, (b) your population, (c) the number of techs you have (you get 1 point for each Ancient tech, 2 for Classical, then up to 7 for Future), and (d) the proportion of turns it took you to win to the number of turns from game start to 2050AD, which varies with you chosen speed and start date. Of these, (d) is the most powerful as it is applied as an exponent to the other figures, which means that winning early gives far higher scores than winning late. Then there is an overall multiplier for difficulty level, which ranges from 0.5 at Settler to 2.0 at Deity. All in all, a calculation best left to the computer, and note that the type of victory does not enter into the calculation.
You can see what your winning score would be if you won in your current turn by holding the mouse pointer over your score at the bottom right of the map screen. This also shows some points breakdown information.

Edit: On reflection, I think that there is another score element to consider, but I can't remember what it is. Sorry.

its ok thanks. i appreciated ur help coz i keep getting very low scores like 2000++ during the game and didnt know what went wrong and the factors that contribute to victory points. so anyways, i get the basic picture now and thanks again

Top Bottom