Can Civ 5 harm my pc?

I've just upgraded my pc and I'm hoping to play on a huge map with the graphics set on the maximum levels for the first time (my old pc could only play a large map on the lowest settings, end-game).

I'm concerned that playing on a huge map with the maximum settings might over-heat, over-load, or just harm my new pc in some way. I've read about Civ 5 harming computers and graphics cards.

Should this be a concern? What can I do to protect my new pc? Thanks in advance.

also: I've attached my dxdiag

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    56.7 KB · Views: 62
Should this be a concern?
No.

This issue apparently was/is confined to a narrow range of (older) video cards.

What can I do to protect my new pc?

It is generally a good idea to have an unobstructed airflow through the case, and make sure the fans and heatsinks are dusted off once a year or so.
Modern systems have protection mechanisms that will usually slow down the system before critical temperatures are reached.
As a worst case, it will simply shut off.

No.

This issue apparently was/is confined to a narrow range of (older) video cards.

It is generally a good idea to have an unobstructed airflow through the case, and make sure the fans and heatsinks are dusted off once a year or so.
Modern systems have protection mechanisms that will usually slow down the system before critical temperatures are reached.
As a worst case, it will simply shut off.
Thanks.

Top Bottom