Can High-level Units be Gifted?

brainpan

Wild Potato
In a recent MP game, I attempted to gift an arch-mage and Luonnatar. It appears that such a transaction is not allowed. Is there a specific cut-off level for units that can be gifted?

nope, there isn't.
There is a limit on how many archmages you can have though (namely, 3).

So can national units be captured with Domination or Command?

That's such a good question! And I haven't the foggiest idea if you can do that or not. LOL. ;)

This game rules like no other. As soon as I think I've got a firm understanding of how it works, about a million new things I hadn't even considered before come into play.

So can national units be captured with Domination or Command?
Unless they changed it in 0.23:
Yes and it is possible to get more than 3 this way.

As soon as I think I've got a firm understanding of how it works, about a million new things I hadn't even considered before come into play.

Just like philosophy :)

OK, how about national heroes? Is there any chance of capturing someone like Govannon?

OK, how about national heroes? Is there any chance of capturing someone like Govannon?
Yep. In one of my games I tried to capture all enemy (non religion) heros.
I failed losha (try domination on a lvl 10 hero-> impossible).
But if you are fast enough (before they get some lvls and even worse loyality) it is possible

I remember several games a while back where someone (ironically, it was usually Varn Gossam) captured Losha Valas. The Malakim then gifted vampirism to many of their units and crushed the Calabim with a Losha that kept gaining immortality , dieing, being reborn, regaining immortality....

I suspect this was from the command promotion with an inquisitor, since the domination spell doesn't have much of a chance of working against so strong a unit. Also, I don't think the AI uses the spell anyway.

The trick, I think, is to make them into Flesh Golems as soon as you capture them. This should also work for gifting.

Top Bottom