Can someone explain how inflation and crime rate are calculated for me

knightpraetor

Chieftain
self-explanatory...

i'm also looking for ways to balance the game more for mp with AI. I played Emperor, but the comp seems to cheat way too much on that difficulty. However, the one below seems to make it so that the only viable human strategy is to swallow other players/cities immediately.

It's kind of annoying how buildings are rarely built in any of my games except for a couple basic econ ones and the ones that produce military so you can take cities.

I asked the same question re: inflation. I think the answer was that inflation automatically goes up over time and there's nothing you can do about it.

Funny you bring up MP AI. It seems like the difficulty for the AI is computed differently in multiplayer... they act more aggresively, and seem to just DO better. I've never had the chance to research it though.

Could you lend us your multiplayer AI? My friend and I keep running into morons who leave them selves open for easy crushings...
Rumor I've heard: all players have to have their difficulty set the same or the AI's will default to noble. Is this true?

the AI's ALWAYS defaults to noble, you can't change that... it's pretty evident in the game creation screen, isn't it ? The difficulty level only determines boni and handicaps for AIs and human players, not how the AI will act. There is no difference between SP and MP AI, except for the fact that more than 1 human players tend to screw the AI more easily than just one. About Inflation, there are a gazillion guides around the forum, the basics though is to keep your total expenses as low as possible since inflation is a % of that value.

The %-value is a factor of time and difficult-level, and the expense is that % * the sum of your other expenditures. I think.

Top Bottom