Can the AI retain captured settlers?

Cicerosaurus

Emperor
I was playing as Sejong on King level. England is my nearest neighbour, the Celts a fair distance off.

A Celt military unit has been hanging around. The Celts ask to swap embassies and I agree.

A few turns later my spearman is next to my capital and a Celt settler turns up beside it.

I made a DOW and grabbed it as I didn't want them settling between my cities. The expectation was that I would just get a worker.

However when I grabbed it I got the notification that I have a civilian that belonged to England and do I want to return it?

It seems that the Celts may have captured if from a Barbarian camp but it retained its character as a settler.

Can anyone comment on this?

Go back to an auto save before this happened, and see if Boudicca indeed settles a city with it. It would be interesting to know if the AI does indeed get to keep barb-captured settlers.

Well, I think it eventually went back and was used as a worker. I'm "thinking" as the Celts had Optics and I didn't so I lost sight of it when it went over water. However, they didn't seem to create a city and when I went right to their borders they had a couple of workers.

It seems that it may just have been the image that didn't change. It looked like a settler right to the time I lost sight of it.

Top Bottom