Votes: 133 95.0%
  • No!

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Don't care!

Votes: 5 3.6%

• Total voters

Lectere

Chieftain
Why are advanced options never saved? I know there is a mod for it, but I was hoping they fixed it with G&K, no luck. I know there is a way to edit some ini file, but that will only do half I need.

Can't be that hard :king:

So let's have a little poll here;

Has anyone noticed that if you set your victory conditions first and then change the parameters of the map, that all of the victory conditions will uncheck themselves? This is really dumb and serves no purpose.
edit: spell check

I've never understand why Advanced Options were never saved by default.

It can get exasperating to have to keep recalibrating it every since time you want to redo the map-start.

Sort of related, but is there a way to select a map type at random. Not a random generated map, but lets say I have 15 different map types (ie. continents, great plains, Earth, Europe, etc.) I want the game to randomly choose one type, but not tell me.

Download the 'RESEED!' mod. A bit buggy, but an awesome mod. It saves all your advanced option info and allows you to regen map.

It's perfect for players like me who like Spain, and know that Spain is only good if next to natural wonders! :)

Oh lord yes! I can't believe they still haven't implemented this. They need two things in tandem- a 'save as defaults' button at the bottom of the advanced setup screen, and a 'respawn/reseed new map with same defaults' option in the ingame menus. These two things would make the game just about perfect, IMO.

Download the 'RESEED!' mod. A bit buggy, but an awesome mod. It saves all your advanced option info and allows you to regen map.

It's perfect for players like me who like Spain, and know that Spain is only good if next to natural wonders! :)

But with mods, you cant work towards achievements right?

Has anyone noticed that if you set your victory conditions first and then change the parameters of the map, that all of the victory conditions will uncheck themselves? This is really dumb and serves no purpose.
edit: spell check

Yes and it's not just the map parameters. Changing your Civ resets the victory conditions. Changing the map type changes the map parameter values. etc.... In my opinion this just makes the unsaved options problem even worse since I have to look over all of the options several times to make sure that nothing changed while I'm changing the options back to their previous values.

This problem has exsisted in Civ4 and Civ5 (and possibly longer) and is the biggest irritant in the game in my opinion.

My guess is that since different options are added, removed, or cleared when certain other options are changed, saving the option values might be more difficult than it normally would be for the programmers.

I've been using that mod lately, and while it is a great idea, it takes forever to actually create a new map (I only play large or huge maps). Each progressive reseed takes longer and longer to do, and after just a few reseeds, memory leaks (or something) bog it down to the point where it freezes up the game and forces a game restart (sometimes a PC restart). After just a couple of reseeds, it's actually faster to recreate a game by going through the regular game setup menus manually, than it is to wait for RESEED! to do it. I'm sure if Firaxis were to add this feature themselves, it would hopefully be less buggy and work better.

Heck, I don't even understand why my basic settings aren't sticking anymore. Mine used to stick in Vanilla unless I used mods. I haven't tried any mods yet since G&K to try for achievements, but I always have to reselect even the basic five options :(

30 and zero with my vote for yes. However this is not the first time this has been asked for... I was surprised it was not added into Gods and Kings, but we can keep our hopes up.

Yes, I agree with this 100%. Testing my modded units, I cannot stand having to redo all my options each time. That is aggravating.

Although I do really want something like that, I assume it is not possible for them to implement something like that, otherwise they'd have done it long ago, right?

If it is impossible to do a regenerate map like they had in other versions, they should tell us. Otherwise they should add this feature that so many have asked for.

Top Bottom