Canada

Oda Nobunaga said:
The Customs agency must have decided to seize this dangerous shipment of highly addictive material (see CivAnon!).

In certainly unrelated news, Customs have announced their intention to overhaul their entire computer network with top-of-the-order RAM, Nvidia Video Cards, video cards drivers and so forth. Apparently this is part of the "War on Terrorists", although some newsreporters present when the announcement was made swear they heard "War on Genghis"
:lol:
It would be a great idea! :goodjob: The job can get quite boring on some week nights and I could play it at work instead of purchasing a new graphic card for my own pc. I'll talk to the superintendants about this! War on terrorism...that's the ticket!

My, my, an independantist working for the CANADIAN Customs Agency?

Traitor :p.

(Also, tell your minions in Mirabel to give us our games already)

I know, I know. I won't post this in OT though! :mischief:

The airport is not going away no matter what happens so I don't feel any shame and I won't apologize! I even swore my allegiance to the damn queen! :lol:
God Save Michaëlle Jean! :D

Just cancelled my Future Shop order because of hardware issues. No sense having a game when my Inspiron 600m is Civ-challenged. perhaps some of loading issues will be resolved by the time I get the right hardware..

Hey, as long as you weren't one of those independantist accusing Michaelle of being an independantist when she got made GG, it's fine :p.

That bunch of twits did more damage to the independantist feelings in neutrals like me than the kickback scandals ever did to the federalists.

I'll try and get the game in the morning. I went to EBGames at Les Ailes and arrived just when they were out of stock. People were yelling and the incompetent staff there really had their hands full.
I'll go to Future Shop or Best Buy tommorow and still maintain the false hopes I have since my graphic card doesn't carry T&L Hardware...

In other news - this might not be a true report but...What I'm told is that while some of the really large town (especially bilinguals) got a small shipment, in the smaller towns, it's the french-speaking areas (read : QC) that are getting systematically excluded.

De Lorimier said:
I'll try and get the game in the morning. I went to EBGames at Les Ailes and arrived just when they were out of stock. People were yelling and the incompetent staff there really had their hands full.
I'll go to Future Shop or Best Buy tommorow and still maintain the false hopes I have since my graphic card doesn't carry T&L Hardware...
Then we might have seen each other!

This is ridiculous. It's now quarter to 12 here, and it's STILL in Mirabel, and the last update I had was at 5PM. What the hell is going on? Why would it possibly take this long at some airport in Quebec?

Oda Nobunaga said:
Hey, as long as you weren't one of those independantist accusing Michaelle of being an independantist when she got made GG, it's fine :p.

That bunch of twits did more damage to the independantist feelings in neutrals like me than the kickback scandals ever did to the federalists.
I don't care what she and her husband do or what they believe/believed in. The whole situation was a huge mess. The title of GG is, as you know, pointless anyway. I would love it if people like Raymond Villeneuve and other bastards would just shut up. Mal nécessaire...

Oda Nobunaga said:
In other news - this might not be a true report but...What I'm told is that while some of the really large town (especially bilinguals) got a small shipment, in the smaller towns, it's the french-speaking areas (read : QC) that are getting systematically excluded.
A buddy of mine who lives in Grande-Ile (Valleyfield) was told by the EB Games there that the reason they didn't receive any copies yet was because the ones with the french tech-tree were, as we know now, sent in the States. Makes a little sense...

Man; nothing moves out of Mirabel, I'm still stuck in Int'l shipment release...

I Really hope I can get it b4 i go to work tomorow. If not, I'll be all the week end with no civ IV at all :( boouuuu!!

I'd call the FedEx line to see what's going on, but all I have is high-speed internet; no phone. :(

For your game to get out of Mirabel, it needs to board the truck that goes to Québec city...

When I ordered my iBook, it went to Alaska, Memphis, Mississauga, Mirabel, Anjou and then to my house... all but from Anjou to my house in 24 hrs. Fedex is pretty quick!

I can sympathize with you people. I really can NOT understand the rationale of this publisher.
What are they thinking? Copies to US and Germany first. Never mind that even the US Americans got the release date wrong. Next the surprise that Germans get it first. Canadians are made to feel like fools next.

Well, wait until the Europeans will be made angry. Not even talking about the ROW, idiots like us. Couldn't they have made sure we get a release world wide same day? Is that too much to ask for? And I guess they grossly underestimated demand.
Lousy job :(

Yah, thats looking very weird, all of those games stuck at Mirabel Airport. If I preorder the game, it was that I think I will get it faster, but I was very wrong...

If Fedex is so quick...why the game r still at the same place since about 19hours...

Moosebox said:
EB games in Burlington, Ontario has the Pre-orders in, but don't expect the retail versions till tomorrow

Which one? I've purchased at Appleby & Dundas - calling on the 25th and 26th, they said it would be in Thursday. When I called today they said "possibly tomorrow", their shipment is delayed!:cry:

Top Bottom