Cannot build spaceship

In your save file, bring up the Menu and note that the RETIRE option is unavailable. There are two possible reasons this might happen:

1. Earlier in the game you actually retired. That counts as a loss and so you aren't able to win the game by other means.

2. Earlier the game crashed and for some unknown reason the games now thinks that you lost. For the same reason as in #1 you now can't win the game.

The second possibility is discussed in this thread. If this is what happened, you should be able to find a record of the loss in your Hall of Fame. In either event, you won't be able to win the current game.

In your save file, bring up the Menu and note that the RETIRE option is unavailable. There are two possible reasons this might happen:

1. Earlier in the game you actually retired. That counts as a loss and so you aren't able to win the game by other means.

2. Earlier the game crashed and for some unknown reason the games now thinks that you lost. For the same reason as in #1 you now can't win the game.

The second possibility is discussed in this thread. If this is what happened, you should be able to find a record of the loss in your Hall of Fame. In either event, you won't be able to win the current game.

Thanks for the quick reply. I have not retired, i do have a HoF entry. My games crashes from time to time, mainly due to events not pupping up and then at a later point, multiple events pup up at the same time. This sometimes causes my game to crash or freeze. Seems like the same problem as described in the other thread. Thanks.

Ill fire up a new game :-D

I'll merge this with the master thread in Confirmed bugs.

Moderator Action: Thread merged.

Hi, just wanted to (a) bump this thread, and (b) report a similar problem, but with a (potentially) different set of symptoms.

I'm saved on turn 459. SS Stasis Chamber sitting outside my capital city, but cannot enter. It's the last piece of the Spaceship.

Hall of Fame does NOT list it as a complete game. The Retire option is still available in the menu.

The game never crashed on me. I did save it twice and load it up the very next day in both cases.

Looking through the log back to turn 396 (ends there) and nothing about retiring, losing, etc.

Here's the save file:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/693501/Attila_0459 AD-2029-July.zip

Here's every log from my log folder, zipped up:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/693501/Civ5_Logs.zip

Here's hoping I'm an idiot and it's an easy fix. I'm at a loss at the moment, and thankful I at least found this thread. Anxiously hoping some kind soul will reply with suggestions. Best wishes!

Screenshot would be nice (can't open the save until later tonight). No civilian unit in the city?

Top Bottom