Cannot build spaceship

I took another look at your save file. Did you use the IGE mod to add resources near your capital? You have Wine, Dyes, Cotton, Silk, Citrus, Copper, Salt, Marble and Crab (and those are just the luxury resources).

I took another look at your save file. Did you use the IGE mod to add resources near your capital? You have Wine, Dyes, Cotton, Silk, Citrus, Copper, Salt, Marble and Crab (and those are just the luxury resources).

Yes. I can't remember how many I added but it was quite a few.

Well, then we're having a miscommunication with the mod's author about what is meant by "changing the save file." You added some resources to the map and those resources appear in the saved game. That's what I call "changing the save file." The mod's author must have something else in mind. These changes might not be causing the problem, but I doubt that the EA/Firaxis developers would be interested in looking at the file. If you ever run into this situation again in an unmodded game, please post. Thanks for taking the time to create this thread and follow up.

I have a completely non-modified version of G&K that has this same problem. I have four spaceship parts ready to add to my capitol and the button to add them to my spaceship never shows up when moving any of them inside my capitol city.

Help!

Attachments

• AutoSave_1234 AD-2009-July.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 226
I noticed that in your game and the other one posted in this thread, the Retire button in the Menu is grayed out. Did you retire from the game in the past and then continue playing? If so, that might explain why you can't build a spaceship. I'm just guessing, but perhaps retiring counts as a defeat (it shows up as such in your Hall of Fame) and so you can't win such a game.

Hi Petek,

Thanks for your reply. At no point did I retire. I've played many games and have not used that option (forgot it was added with God & Kings). At this point I think this is a bug.

Agreed that this is a bug. I'll move the thread to the Confirmed Bugs subforum. I briefly searched for this problem on various Civ forums. I found several similar situations, but couldn't find any other save games to check if the Retire button was inactive. Does your Hall of Fame show this game ending in a defeat for you in the past? If so, do you perhaps have a save game from before that event? Thanks.

Agreed that this is a bug. I'll move the thread to the Confirmed Bugs subforum. I briefly searched for this problem on various Civ forums. I found several similar situations, but couldn't find any other save games to check if the Retire button was inactive. Does your Hall of Fame show this game ending in a defeat for you in the past? If so, do you perhaps have a save game from before that event? Thanks.

I went and looked and to my *absolute surprise* this game does show up as a defeat at turn 420. I have no idea why. I watched the replay and I was not conquered or anything, and I swear I never "retired" from the game. The game does crash every now an then (the bug with leader interaction that says "device driver removed" or whatever), so maybe it went screwy when it was crashed!? I don't have the savegame from that far back, sorry.

I looked at the replay log and the last three entries are:

412 - Session 13 starts
413 - Session 14 starts
420 - Time spent: 4 hours, 31 minutes

??

Do you have any crash dump files (extension mdmp) from this game? They are located in

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V

I don't know how to read them, but they might help a developer. Thanks for following up on this problem!

I went ahead and uploaded all of my crashes in a .zip file. None were from the day the game ended on 9/9/2012, which is even more weird. Now I don't know if I should spend my time on this game or not since I can't win the way I was planning to. :)

Attachments

• Crashes.zip
    771.8 KB · Views: 242
If we are correct that the program thinks you already have lost, then I doubt that you'll be able to win by any other method.

I'm at turn 450 in a very long game and I can't finish! I've completed every part of the spaceship, several built in my capital itself, but I am not getting the command to assemble the parts when I place them on my capital. I built the Apollo Program on one of my other cities, though I've noticed it's not in my list of Wonders on any of them now. Maybe that's the issue?

Anyone else ever see this?

I do. I was trying to attach it before, but it was too large. You may have to grab WinRAR to unzip it.

Attachments

• Pachacuti_0452 AD-2026-January.rar
    1.9 MB · Views: 209
Looks like I am having the same issue. Apologies for creating a duplicate thread. If you want to examine my save, it is here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=480826

I do recall my game crashing once (only once) when I clicked on Siam's diplomacy window while it was processing AI turns. However, that was very late in the game. Looking at my Hall of Fame, it reports that I was defeated on turn 42, with "Nobody" listed as the victor. Perhaps the real issue is a random defeat like this. I was not even under attack by turn 42, let alone defeated somehow.

As a follow up, the AI Dido player also triggered the UN vote and won with 13 votes, but I did not receive the defeat screen. It appears the game does believe I already lost.

Sodon,

Please check your Hall of Fame and see if this game appears in it. We've seen other games in which the player couldn't build a spaceship because they had already won (or lost). Other than that, I can't see any reason for not being able to build a SS: You have Science victory enabled and the Victory Progress screen indicates that no one has won yet.

Thanks.

ETA: I just saw your posts in the other thread on this matter.

Also, do you have any crash dump files from around the time of your crash? If so, please post them. They have an extension of .mdmp and are located in the folder

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V

(assuming a default installation).

Moderator Action: Merging this thread with the one in the Confirmed Bugs subforum.

Here you are, a crash dump from 11/17. According to the Hall of Fame, I won on 11/15, for which I have no log. Of course I didn't check the Hall of Fame entry until last night, so it's possible it generated after the crash with bogus turn and date info.

Attachments

• civilizationv_dx11_341540_crash_2012_11_17T7_35_19C0.zip
    30.3 KB · Views: 143
Hi there

My problem is as described in the title. I do not get the "add to spaceship" botton. See picture. Does anyone have an idea what the problem is here ?

See image

Attachments

• bug-space.jpg
    bug-space.jpg
    405.4 KB · Views: 414
I´ve added save file, if that helps anyone

Attachments

• William_0276 AD-1812.Civ5Save
    1.5 MB · Views: 221
Top Bottom