Cannot connect to any civ multiplayer games!

calavera999

Chieftain
Hi guys, Hopefully some experienced users could give me a hand with a problem that is driving me up the wall.

I can't seem to join any multiplayer games due to receiving a "timed out" error message during connection to a game server. I have looked around and realised it's most likely a ports issue. I am aware how to open these ports and a previous port has told me which ones have to be opened, but regardless port checkers inform me they are still closed and Civ still fails to connect.

Maybe I am confused with my IP addresses? When i manually input the ports I want forwarded I am telling the router to forward them to what I understand as my PC's IP, which i find by running the ipconfig prompt. If this is wrong and i should be using another IP please let me know!

LAN IP 192...... .1 (found in router settings)
PC's IP 192....... .8 (found in cmd prompt)
WAN IP 80....... .66 (found in router settings and IP tracking websites)

Ports opened and forwarded to 192...... .8

* 6667 (IRC)
* 2033 (Civ4)
* 2056 (Civ4)
* 47624 (Directplay)
* 3783 (Voice Chat Port)
* 27900 (Master Server UDP Heartbeat)
* 28900 (Master Server List Request)
* 29900 (GP Connection Manager)
* 29901 (GP Search Manager)
* 13139 (Custom UDP Pings)
* 6500 (Query Port)
* 6515 (Dplay UDP)
* 2300-2400 (DirectPlay - UDP)

Any help, greatly appreciated. Thanks

Some router have firmware bugs as well, it might help to visit the manuafactures web site and flash your router with the latest firmware. I would also just try DMZin your router, if that works and port forwarding does not then you have some bug in your router in the way it forwards ports to your gaming rig.

CS

Or try again in 30 minutes.

Gamespy can be crappy at times.

Restarting the game while clearing the cache (you do that by holding shift while the game loads) could work too, but personally im not convinced.

Top Bottom