Cannot finish Dam (1 turn away, also tried ME)

DeeDoubleYouTee

Chieftain
Howdy folks.

First post, lifelong player.

Im on a domination path with Scythia and haven't had a game be this finessed ever!

However i am building a Dam in Pasargadae and for some reason it wont let me finish building it.

As the title says i am one turn away and it just will not let me add it to the production queue and just takes me back to the queue to choose something.

I have tried finishing it with a Military Engineer and there are no other dam's along the river so it must be a bug!

This is rather annoying as i have abstained from building any polluting sources of power for the whole game and this is the only thing stopping me from getting power to one of my largest cities!

Any ideas?

(Playing on switch/ up to date as of today/ All expansions etc....)

Thanks in advance!

Have you researched recently the tech which creates the Archelogical sites? They can pop-up on tiles with districts (but are not visualized here; the tooltip tells you however) and I noticed that they block district construction until removed.

Hi @DeeDoubleYouTee ! Do you happen to have a save file I could check? As Pfeffersack says, it is also possible something is blocking the tile, like an Archaeological Site or a newly-revealed Strategic Resource.

I have the same problem. I cannot finish the dam in the tile shown.

Spoiler Dam cannot be finished on tile :

Screenshot_1.jpg

Attachments

• LADY SIX SKY 210 1490 AD.Civ6Save
    2.3 MB · Views: 106
Have you researched recently the tech which creates the Archelogical sites? They can pop-up on tiles with districts (but are not visualized here; the tooltip tells you however) and I noticed that they block district construction until removed.

OMG you are my HERO!

This was so frustrating and i don't know how i didn't think of that.

God i love the internet!!

Man thanks!

Unfortunately, that is not my problem. I have not researched Natural History (i.e. with Archaelogists) yet, and nothing interesting appears on the tool tip.

@charrison can your team examine the save file I posted?

Hi @DeeDoubleYouTee ! Do you happen to have a save file I could check? As Pfeffersack says, it is also possible something is blocking the tile, like an Archaeological Site or a newly-revealed Strategic Resource.

v1.0.2.39

I have now the case that one of my Canals under construction was built on a site were Uranium was revealed. I get that this blocks construction...but how is that situation solved? Archaeological ruins can be removed, but strategic ressources are permanent - and this seems to cause a tracked situation: I can't remove the half-built district from the map, I can't improve the ressource...I can even built the 2nd Canal I planned in this city? Do I just miss to see the way out of this situation...or if not, could if be changed somehow that the half-built district get auto-removed in such a case?

Spoiler :

CanalInQue.jpg

CannotMineOver.jpg

Attachments

• 1.0.2.39CantFinishCanal.Civ6Save
    6.4 MB · Views: 101
Last edited:
Top Bottom