Can't connect to multiplayer games in progress

Bridger

Prince
I havn't tried playing online before now, but after installing the new patch i went to play online and tried to join a game in progress. It connected, let me pick a civ (there were 2 that were not being played) and i chose not to enter a password. After that the cursor just spins and nothing happens. I let it sit there for 5 minutes and it never did anything. I tried many other games in progress and the same thing happens.

I can join games that are starting just fine, played one this afternoon from the start, but can't join the ones in progress even after i'm connected. Any ideas why it freezes?

now all i get is "connecting to peer" instead sometimes, but then other times it does connect and i still just get the spinning cursor after i select a civ.

bump, no ideas? Tried resetting my router, playing without my router, turning off windows firewall, nothing seems to work.

Basically your screwed - the game doesn't work.

Some say its gamespy, some say its firewalls where just one person trying to connect to the game with it misconfigured stops everyone from getting in. No matter what, its a game bug and we paid for a working game and got a nonworking game.

I would recommend calling Firaxis and demading a refund, and yes, I am serious. Enough demanding refunds may actually get some response.

~Zy

Top Bottom