Can't Exit Diplomacy Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajh18

Chieftain
Has anyone had issues exiting the diplomacy screen?

Early in the game i can simply press "Esc" and exit, but as the game progresses and the AI starts offering "Open Borders" and resource/favor trades, there is nowhere to click to accept or reject the offer, and also no way to exit the screen (Esc no longer works).

If I simply close the entire game and revert to an auto-save, I can progress... until the next diplomacy offer. This makes it almost impossible to actually play the game.

Anyone else have this issue or a fix for it? I'm not terribly familiar with these forums, so while I tried to search for anyone having this issue but couldn't find anything I apologize if this has already been discussed.

I'm having the same issue. I'm running a screen resolution of 1080 x 720 (build 1.0.1.607). The manual seems to indicate there should be a back button, but I'm not seeing anything, and I haven't been able to find a keyboard shortcut to accept/reject/exit the diplomacy offers

+1 for the same issue.
ESC worked at one point, but no longer.
There are no evident UI controls to leave the screen, but the application is clearly responsive (tooltips, etc).

Yes, it will reproduce from a save.

In my experience, it's not 100% consistent; from the save point:
Test A, it resulted after 2 diplomacy screens.
Test B, it resulted after 3.

Additional info for my original report -- I also have a touchscreen-enabled, high DPI laptop. Triple-clicking (3 fingers) on the screen produces the same effect as the ESC key.
When this issue is in effect, this behavior is not leaving the diplomacy screen, as expected.

Also: using Beyond Earth "via" Steam, fully up-to-date as of today.

Followup:
I ran a third test, and was able to reproduce on the third time the diplomacy screen came around. (triple-touch having worked the first two times)

I've seen other posts with the actual save attached, so I'm doing so here, if that helps.

Attachments

• Élodie_TURN 178.CivBESave
    570.1 KB · Views: 283
+1 for the same issue.
ESC worked at one point, but no longer.
There are no evident UI controls to leave the screen, but the application is clearly responsive (tooltips, etc).

This is happening for me too. any workarounds out there?

I have got this issue too. I just met the Romans and agreed for them to experience my hospitality. Directly after agreeing that a diplomacy screen for meeting Cleopatra appeared, I agreed to experience her hospitality. She then directly offered me a deal which I wanted to refuse but it is not possible to get anything to accept. The button depress but nothing. I have tried offering a gift "Give Gift", "Refuse Deal", "What would you give me?", What would it take?" but she responds to the deal i.e. no or yes but the diplomacy screen does not close. I have tried escape but there appears no way to close the screen.

I should say that I have never had this before in any previous game. This is the first time I have had the issue and in the current game I am currently in the Modern era so its not like the diplomacy screen has not appeared already in this game.

Heah Iano,

this is the Beyond Earth forum, not Civ 6 (or 5). FYI so you can repost into the correct forum for help.

D

Moderator Action: Yes, please feel free to post your question in the right forum. Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom