Can't play Fall from heaven

tribble

Chieftain
I had some trouble installing Fall from Heaven, for some reason the automatic install doesn't show up in my computer, so I installed it in the desktop and manually moved the thing to the mods folder of BTS. Now I can access the mod, but when I do, Civ closes. What's going on?

Manually moving installs generally causes trouble, especially if a .ini file or registry entry is expecting to find the files in the installed folder.

I'm not quite sure what you mean when you say the automatic install doesn't show up. Is your copy of Civ installed via Steam? If so, then you might have to jump through a couple of hoops to get it working properly. If not, delete the moved folder and try the install again.

Manually moving installs generally causes trouble, especially if a .ini file or registry entry is expecting to find the files in the installed folder.

I'm not quite sure what you mean when you say the automatic install doesn't show up. Is your copy of Civ installed via Steam? If so, then you might have to jump through a couple of hoops to get it working properly. If not, delete the moved folder and try the install again.

Well, if I let the downloader do its download thing in the default folder, the download completes, but when I enter the game and go into the mods on the menu, it isn't there. I just get a list of the mods that come with the game. Furthermore, when I went into the folders to look for it, the mod folder was empty.

Well, if I let the downloader do its download thing in the default folder, the download completes, but when I enter the game and go into the mods on the menu, it isn't there. I just get a list of the mods that come with the game. Furthermore, when I went into the folders to look for it, the mod folder was empty.

First off, by downloader I assume you're referring to the installer? You donloaded a file and then ran it, correct? If so, the installer should have created a game icon for you. Run FFH using that icon.

Otherwise, are you using Beyond the Sword? Updated to the last revision?

First off, by downloader I assume you're referring to the installer? You donloaded a file and then ran it, correct? If so, the installer should have created a game icon for you. Run FFH using that icon.

Otherwise, are you using Beyond the Sword? Updated to the last revision?

yes, I do mean the installer, and yes I did download a file and then run it, and no, I didn't get an Icon. Yes, I am using beyond the sword, and yes, it is updated. what is going on here?

EDIT: I tried removing the copy I moved from the desktop and running the installer again, allowing it to use the default location. again, the download completed, and when I looked in the MODS folder, it's empty, and the mod won't appear in the LOAD A MOD menu when I open up BTS.

DOUBLE EDIT: and no, I don't have Steam, I got this copy of Civ from a disk.

Don't know what to tell you. It should be installed in C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Fall from Heaven 2

Tribble,

Are you sure you downloaded the mod itself, and not just the patch? Some people have done that. What was the name of the downloaded file?

Best wishes,

Breunor

Tribble,

Are you sure you downloaded the mod itself, and not just the patch? Some people have done that. What was the name of the downloaded file?

Best wishes,

Breunor

The name of the downloaded file is FallfromHeaven100g.

Tribble, you've downloaded the old Fall from Heaven 1 mod, which is for vanilla Civ, not BtS.

Really, though, don't bother with that, it's very old and doesn't have anything like the features that were added later.

Download and install FfH2. You can get that from the first post in the FfH2 Bug Thread, http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=308020.

Be sure that after installing the main mod, you also download and install the latest patch, patch "o."

Tribble, you've downloaded the old Fall from Heaven 1 mod, which is for vanilla Civ, not BtS.

Really, though, don't bother with that, it's very old and doesn't have anything like the features that were added later.

Download and install FfH2. You can get that from the first post in the FfH2 Bug Thread, http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=308020.

Be sure that after installing the main mod, you also download and install the latest patch, patch "o."

Spoiler :

That's me in the picture there, thanks so much for the help.

To get the image to appear, replace the url you used with this:
Code:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_OzwLuCyokhk/TIOyPlrwa9I/AAAAAAAAABM/-FHzWd0C7K0/s640/derp2.jpg

Top Bottom