Can't play

Warts

Chieftain
When I load the mod and create the game is crashes to the desktop without showing any python error before the interface shows up.

Anything I should check for?

Thanks,
Warts

When I load the mod and create the game is crashes to the desktop without showing any python error before the interface shows up.

Anything I should check for?

Thanks,
Warts

Thats very odd. Do the rest of the BtS scenarios work?

All work except Final Frontier, which the same thing happens. I play FfH2 on vanilla Civ4 with out trouble. I have turned on the option to show python erros but nothing there, just the crash to desktop and the prompt to send an error report to Microsoft.

I've tried different video drivers (GeForce 6600) but outside of that not sure what to try.

BTW, FfH2 is great!

Warts

I am getting the same problem just after a complete reinstall and update to 3.03

I just sorted it. Make sure you do not have Solver's unofficial patch .dll in vanilla BTS assets folder, revert it back to the default one.

I just sorted it. Make sure you do not have Solver's unofficial patch .dll in vanilla BTS assets folder, revert it back to the default one.

Good to know, thanks. Hopefully this all gets worked out once 3.13 releases.

I installed fallfromheaven2023c - then ran the patch ffh2023c patch. when I launch civ4 I get a crash to desktop with an error about not finding d3x9_32.dll Is this for civ4 beyond the sword? Any help please.

I am running vanilla civ4 with just the main patches 1.61 & 1.74 -should I just reinstall civ4 no patches and just install the basic ffh2023c only?

I am running vanilla civ4 with just the main patches 1.61 & 1.74 -should I just reinstall civ4 no patches and just install the basic ffh2023c only?

Yes. It looks like oyu may also need to update your directx drivers (the 1.74 Civ4 patch made the latest DirectX drivers a requirement).

I'm also having trouble getting Fall from Heaven: Age of Ice to work with my new copy of Civ 4 Beyond the Sword. Mine crashes civ completely once I get to the opening slideshow. Every time, it just freezes there, then quits to desktop. Any ideas?

I'm also having trouble getting Fall from Heaven: Age of Ice to work with my new copy of Civ 4 Beyond the Sword. Mine crashes civ completely once I get to the opening slideshow. Every time, it just freezes there, then quits to desktop. Any ideas?

I know there is a fix for Vista users coming in patch 0.13. Are you using Vista?

Do you have the latest patches? I see a lot of people mention their game crashing, and I have the problem every now and then myself. The majority of the time though my game only crashes after playing a long time or because I tend to play on huge maps on marathon speed and there seem to be some memory issues associated with BTS. Granted I'm playing on version 24 rather than the Age of Ice mod, but I would think any problems for one would also be present in the other.

I definitely recommend patch 3.03 followed by Solver's unofficial patch. That's how my game is patched and like I said, I don't get a lot of crashes and when I do I think it's memory related, and I'm using 2 GB of DDR2.

On that subject, do you have enough memory?

I get the same thing. The game starts and tries to show the slideshow?/movie? and then crashes to the desktop. This is the only scenario/mod that doesn't work. I have the latest, BTS patch, v. 3.13. Any suggestions?

Windows XP Pro
Sony Vaio 1.8 GHz Duo Core
1 GB RAM
128 MB Graphics:
NVIDIA GeForce Go 7400

Isn't there an option to skip the slideshow IIRC? That slideshow always gave crashes with me too.

Top Bottom