Capto Iugulum: Empires and Nations

To: The World
CC: Normandy

We would like to announce that Languedoc and Normandy have agreed to a non-aggression pact, and a treaty promising to defend each other in the event that one is attacked by a signer of the Treaty of Poiters.

Agreed.

To: Anyone Whom It Concerns
CC: Jacksonia

Jefferson Accord
It is hereby recognized, the state of alliance between the Empire of Scandinavia and the nation and people of Jacksonia, for defensive and economic purposes, that God willing shall be maintained eternally. In signing, the signatories acknowledge this alliance and pledge to do whatever is prudent and necessary to maintain it. They additionally acknowledge,

-a state of economic cooperation between the Empire of Scandinavia and Jacksonia. Jacksonia will henceforth agree to Scandinavian tariff monopolies and tax bonuses, that will allow Scandinavian business to operate in Jacksonia without unnecessary impedence. In exchange, the Empire of Scandinavia will provide necessary industries and businesses that will allow Jacksonia to modernize, expand and otherwise improve itself.

-the establishment of recognized international embassies, in Jefferson and Stockholm, by which the relationship between the Empire of Scandinavia and Jacksonia will be maintained and moderated.

-the full military and diplomatic protection and recognition of Jacksonia by the Empire of Scandinavia, now and until such a time as the nation of Jacksonia is able to provide for itself militarily and diplomatically.

Signed, Their Majesties Harold I and Christine II, Emperor and Empress of Scandinavia, King and Queen of Norway of Sweden respectively

To: Novgorod

We have noted that progress through Novgorod of Scandinavian merchants and Scandinavian wares has of late been impeded by the actions of unruly lords, greedy customs officials, or any amount of unfortunate corruption on the part of provincial officials. We must ask that you guarantee firstly, tariff and tax-free passage of our goods and our merchants as had been discussed previously with other governments of your nation that we have had a friendly relationship with, and secondly, that no attempts shall be made by any official of your government to harm the progress of trade and commerce in the region. In such an event, we ask that you would cooperate with us to remedy that scenario.

Signed General James Evans, as a representative of the Jacksonian Constitutional Congress

To: Scandinavians

This most recent insult to our sovereignty, the so-called Jefferson Accord, is the final straw. Clearly the Scandinavians have no respect for American sovereignty, in this act that has clear aggressive intent towards the United States. We will be recalling our diplomats from Stockholm and removing your diplomats from our borders. We will not tolerate and will never forget this insult.

From The Ascendant's Kingdom of Holy China
To European pigs

China shall be united under a rule free of your vile influence. Your attempts to aid the corrupted Guangzhou will fail, as have all your previous ones. If you wish to send your boys to die upon the shores of China then so be it but know this.

China will once more be ruled by its own people. We will not be your puppets.

To the World
From Paris and Burgundy

We generally support the stances of our allies Sweden and Poland with regard to America and in particular Jacksonia.

This be the 48 hour warning to get those orders in.

To: Scandinavia

We of course accept your terms and will endeavor to complete them all over the next few years.

To: Empire of Scandinavia, Paris and Burgundy

As you can surely see, the illegitimate Scottite regime is aggressive and unwilling to cooperate. They will accept nothing more than the subjugation of their neighbors and the destabilization of the entire region; a descent into chaos where one must choose to submit to the anarchic strongarm rule of General Scott, or die.

We urge you to consider taking stronger actions against Scott and his cadre of villains, if not for yourselves, then for the once-free peoples of the United States, and for Jacksonia, whom Scott no doubt seeks to one day bring under his heel.

To all
From Paris and Burgundy

We would like to announce that, given that no one else seems to be willing to participate in our proposed coalition, and given that a better time for action in any case might be when it is possible for Britain and Spain to intervene, we have no intention of sending any troops to China in the foreseeable future.

To World
From Moscowy
Re: Kiev

Due to their continued instability and the growing threat said instability poses not only to ourselves, but to all nations in the region, we are hereby forced to declare war on Kiev. We call on the people of Kiev to aid us in removing the current government, which is clearly weak and ineffectual and inhibiting the will of the people of our great land to see a strong and united Russia. We call on you to rise up and aid us in creating a new Russian Empire and take our rightful place as one of the Great Powers of the world!

This is the 20 hour warning.

To World
From Moscowy
Re: Kiev

Due to their continued instability and the growing threat said instability poses not only to ourselves, but to all nations in the region, we are hereby forced to declare war on Kiev. We call on the people of Kiev to aid us in removing the current government, which is clearly weak and ineffectual and inhibiting the will of the people of our great land to see a strong and united Russia. We call on you to rise up and aid us in creating a new Russian Empire and take our rightful place as one of the Great Powers of the world!

Poland would like to inquire if this breaks the treaty you two had or not, and would like to point out that perhaps the reason why the government is ineffective is that it lost over half of its territory to you.

This is the friendly 12 hour warning. As additional motivation for ya'll, I've actually managed to finish all my "pre-update" stuff this time, well before the update. Therefore when I start updating, I'll be immediately looking at your orders, as compared to the last couple of times where it was a full evening before I could start on player stuff.

I think I can get my orders by then. It all depends on my mom, really... so they may be (probably at the most) an hour late.

Sending some fairly rushed orders. I wrote better ones at home this morning, but CFC wasn't working for me when I tried to send them. I'm at school now, and won't be getting home until after orders are due.

Yes, I've been checking through most of the day, and the site has been down fairly frequently throughout the day. Despite my earlier statement, I'll be holding off on the forbidding of new orders until tomorrow morning. No more order revisions or additions will be accepted beyond this point though.

I do hate singling people out for failure to get orders in a timely manner, because admittedly, I'm not always timely on updates. In this case, I have little choice. I am currently missing both Milarqui's and crezth's orders, and I'm sure that all of you can see the effect this would have upon the update. It is theoretically possibly that one or both orders got deleted when I was clearing out my inbox, but I doubt it. Therefore, they are guilty until proven innocent and I declare a reward of 5,000,000 EQ Bucks, redeemable at your local EQ Store, for their heads on silver platters. Gold or platinum platters would also be acceptable.

Milarqui's head? :(

I thought I had sent them. It might be possible that I was going to send them and I got distracted in the middle of it, so I did not get around to do anything. And, due to the breaking down of CFC until just right now, I couldn't send them before. EQ, I sent them by e-mail, as you asked me on AIM.

Top Bottom