Capto Iugulum: Empires and Nations

@EQ I meant to ease Venezuela into it, so next turn.

ooc: maybe you could do a population change section every decade instead

OOC: It doesn't seem broken to me.

@EQ: My army organization stat has not changed. Could this be rectified?

IC:
To: World

The United States of America recognizes the United States of New Spain as the legitimate government of its borders.

To: United States of New Spain

Congratulations for obtaining your independence. The United States wishes to express its support for the New Spanish people, and will gladly assist the New Spanish with any issues they may face as they transition to independence.

To: United States of America

We are glad to hear that, and we hope that we continue to keep having good relationships.

To: Princes of the Maratha Confederacy

If you are willing to accept the same terms as all other princes, then we do not have any problem in accepting your surrender.

To: The World
Re: Cuba

You should not pay attention to what Héctor Álvarez is saying. Anything that may or may not have happened in Cuba is the direct consequence of the violent attempts from these so-called "independentists" to betray their Emperor. If they were willing to collaborate with the Imperial Government instead of brutally attempt to rebel against it, he would not have to talk about those "massacres", for they would not have happened.
Also, any attempts by foreign nations to give either money, weapons or any support in regards to their misguided attempts to gain independence will end up being considered as a declaration of war on the Empire of Holy Spain, and thus answered as such.

@Lord of Elves, your first rates will be included wit hthe next update.

@Nailix: well, you did go into a country with 1 Stability.

@Circuit: The organization type will be taken into account with the next update and stat change.

To: Empire of Holy Spain

Considering the circumstances, we accept your generous terms.

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland hereby recognizes the nation of the United States of New Spain, and we look forward to working with you in the future.

The United Kingdom of Great Britain is hereby taking orders for building ships. Contact us for pricing, and we will build them. Please note that we are currently NOT accepting orders to build any steam ships.

Welcome to the fraternity of nations. We hope to have amicable relations with you now and in future.

From Paris
To Normandy, Orleans, Poitou, Dauphiné, Burgundy

Unless peace is made this turn, we will declare war on Normandy, Orleans, and Poitou.

OOC: EQ, does paving the city not have any economic benefit?

To: All French Nations

We wish to ask you that you make peace before this war destroys your nations. Much like the Republic of the Netherlands, we are willing to offer ourselves as mediators in this war.

To: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland, Empire of Sweden

We congratulate you in your sage choice of ending slavery forever in your lands. We just hope that soon this scourge of humanity will be erased from the face of earth.

@spryllino: the worsening war and shifts in international trade reduced your profits, while the paving of the roads balanced out the loss.

@EQ: How can Maria II have a 13 year old son if she is indeed the 17 year old daughter of Pedro I of Brazil who himself is only in his late 30s? Unless you meant 13 month old son.

I reject your reality and substitute it with my own.

TO: Portugal

I, Pedro I of Brazil and IV of Portugal, request, as part of an envoy, to visit my home country and speak to the royal family and the new king Pedro V in the coming year, 1837.

TO: Spain

Shortly after my visit to Lisboa I wish to meet with Carlos VI and my exiled daughter Maria II.

TO: Portugal

I, Pedro I of Brazil and IV of Portugal, request, as part of an envoy, to visit my home country and speak to the royal family and the new king Pedro V in the coming year, 1837.

TO: Spain

Shortly after my visit to Lisboa I wish to meet with Carlos VI and my exiled daughter Maria II.

To: Empire of Brazil

Both the Emperor Carlos VI of Spain and exiled Queen Maria II of Portugal will gladly receive Emperor Pedro I of Brazil in the Royal Palace.

To the Empire of Holy Spain and the Republic of the Netherlands
CC: The Kingdoms of Orleans, Poitou, Paris, Burgundy, and Dauphine
From the Kingdom of Normandy

As I've said, I'm willing for this war to end more-or-less status quo, and any minor concessions to be made for peace by either side is fine. As Orleans have already stated last year, as the Merchants of Poitou cry, and as the Crown of Burgundy falls on yet another shoulder, the time for peace should come now.

To the Empire of Sweden and Poland
From the Kingdom of Normandy

We would like to continue the profitable trade out of Stettin and Kognisburg and perhaps expand it to your various realms. Would you sign this reduced-tariff trading agreements once signed by Prussia?

To: All Whom It May Concern
CC: Netherlands

Her Majesty Christina II hereby accords the following Treaty of Swedish-Dutch Cooperation, commemorating the kindred spirit and mutual interests between the Swedish Empire and the Republic of the Netherlands.

Treaty of Swedish-Dutch Cooperation
1. The Swedish Empire and the Republic of the Netherlands recognize their mutual interests, their commitment to peace in Europe and abroad, and the necessity for cooperation to achieve these goals.

2. The Swedish Empire and the Republic of the Netherlands agree to arrive at necessary trade agreements and policies that will benefit the two mutually, to be accorded when the needs of the time demands.

3. The Republic of the Netherlands agrees to grant the ships of Her Majesty, Christina II, rights to dock and resupply at the Netherlands' Seychelles, and in all other Dutch colonial ports. In exchange, the Swedish Empire extends these rights to all Dutch ships in Her Majesty's colonies.

4. The Swedish Empire and the Republic of the Netherlands agree to recognize, and work to maintain, each others' respective spheres of influence.

5. The Swedish Empire and the Republic of the Netherlands agree to amend, change, or otherwise add to this treaty as necessary at any later date agreed upon by the signatories.

Signed, Her Majesty Christina the Second of Her Name, Queen-Empress of Sweden and Its Territories

To: Normandy

Her Majesty would be willing to discuss trade agreements with Normandy, through more private channels, should it prove prudent and necessary to accord such agreements. We cannot speak for Poland in such a matter, however.

To: All Whom It May Concern
CC: Netherlands

Her Majesty Christina II hereby accords the following Treaty of Swedish-Dutch Cooperation, commemorating the kindred spirit and mutual interests between the Swedish Empire and the Republic of the Netherlands.

Treaty of Swedish-Dutch Cooperation
1. The Swedish Empire and the Republic of the Netherlands recognize their mutual interests, their commitment to peace in Europe and abroad, and the necessity for cooperation to achieve these goals.

2. The Swedish Empire and the Republic of the Netherlands agree to arrive at necessary trade agreements and policies that will benefit the two mutually, to be accorded when the needs of the time demands.

3. The Republic of the Netherlands agrees to grant the ships of Her Majesty, Christina II, rights to dock and resupply at the Netherlands' Seychelles, and in all other Dutch colonial ports. In exchange, the Swedish Empire extends these rights to all Dutch ships in Her Majesty's colonies.

4. The Swedish Empire and the Republic of the Netherlands agree to recognize, and work to maintain, each others' respective spheres of influence.

5. The Swedish Empire and the Republic of the Netherlands agree to amend, change, or otherwise add to this treaty as necessary at any later date agreed upon by the signatories.

Signed, Her Majesty Christina the Second of Her Name, Queen-Empress of Sweden and Its Territories

Signed,
Adam Mappa Stadtholder of the Dutch Republic.
Maarten Visser Dutch ambassador to the Swedish Empire.

We hereby recognize your independence and we look forward to working with you in the future.

To: Normandy

No thanks.

Top Bottom