Carrier based helicopters

labriejp

Jack of all trades
I have a question for ya'll.

I'm having a bit of difficulty in game trying to accomplish this.

I'm using Whoward's DLL mod with Terrain crossing promotions for helicopters.

I am trying to get one of my helicopters that I have added in game, to be able to rebase on missile cruisers and carriers.

To do this I switch my helicopter over to Domain_Air, and gave it Specialunit_Fighter.

I haven't given the missile cruiser specialunit_cargo_fighter yet, but I think that is required.

So the air rebase icon now appears for the helicopter, but it isn't able to rebase to a city or carrier. It goes over ocean tiles without embarking.. lots of weird. I still have the move-rate as wheeled, unit_combat as Helicopter as well.

So #1 - Does anyone know what I would need to do to give the rebase ability to the helicopter that will work, and allow it to fly over ocean tiles

#2 - I'm not quite sure how to exactly code the <update> for the missle cruiser to allow it to carry the unit, I certainly don't want it to carry fighters or bombers, but maybe in the future if I add an amphibious ship, to carry Harriers..

Thanks everyone! Hoping Whoward responds, as he knows his DLL and mods the best!

You guys have been AWESOME helping out so far in making my mod truly unique and special!

To be able to "rebase" the air unit must be <Immobile>true</Immobile>

Edit: "air" as in DOMAIN_AIR and "must" as in "hard-coded in the DLL"

To be able to "rebase" the air unit must be <Immobile>true</Immobile>

Edit: "air" as in DOMAIN_AIR and "must" as in "hard-coded in the DLL"

Thanks for the heads up on that!

Any chance this could be a candidate for modifying for your next DLL version? Helicopter ability to rebase and still act like a helicopter unit instead of an airplane?

Top Bottom