Caveman 2 Cosmos (ideas/discussions thread)

I am having similar issues as well. For me however, this time the era symbol (if enabled) and the rest of the ui on the top (Science bar, great person bar etc.) is gone. If I save on that turn I get a CTD. However I can move ahead a turn and everything reverts to normal except the month on the date is missing.

View attachment 273187
View attachment 273189

Here is my save before the first time it happened.
View attachment 273188

Two Notes about game:
1. Yes I did use worldbuilder. I tried to remove barbarian settlements in an attempt to lower game time. I accidentaly placed units on certain tiles including on the water.

2. Yeah I was bored and I decided to name my leader and civ that. So sue me. :)

Tried loading your saved game, but it crashed during loading so i have no idea, what it can be, "maybe" you changed a file by mistake or something, that's about all i can think of.

@Hydromancerx, Dancing Hoskuld

I think i will go ahead and upload a test copy for everyone, and see how it goes, what do you'll think?

I am taking out ALL ( that includes RoM/AND ones also) extra LH's also, and just going to add them as an extra if anyone wants to d/l them separately.

I am having same issue with flickering bar, also whenever i press Ctrl-Tab to see log - game crashes. Saving game sometimes crashes game, sometimes not and when saved - name of file is like NameYear- (supposed to be NameYear-Month). Quick save however doesnt't crash.

I am having same issue with flickering bar, also whenever i press Ctrl-Tab to see log - game crashes. Saving game sometimes crashes game, sometimes not and when saved - name of file is like NameYear- (supposed to be NameYear-Month). Quick save however doesnt't crash.

I have these listed below to help me out, i suggest the same if you want to look at logs and stuff (in the CivilizationIV.ini) My Games/BtS folder):

; Specify the number of turns between autoSaves. 0 means no autosave.
AutoSaveInterval = 1

; Enable the logging system
LoggingEnabled = 1

; Enable synchronization logging
SynchLog = 1

; Overwrite old network and message logs
OverwriteLogs = 1

; Enable rand event logging
RandLog = 1

; Enable message logging
MessageLog = 1

; Break on memory allocation order #
BreakOnAlloc = -1

Only other thing i can suggest is re-naming the MOD to: Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn and see if that makes a difference:confused::crazyeye:

Only other thing i can think of would be replace this file (in the python/screens folder):

Thanks for help on logs editing. I just finished current game by winning mastery victory, will edit this on my next game.

Any plans on removing or updating worker action "Place resource" (cow, pigs, horse, deer, ivory) i mentioned earlier? I believe it seriously breaks balance seeing plains littered with camps. Moreover, it CAN be placed over other resource, replacing it ... i was checking WB in my game to make sure i wont place it over iron or coal, but i think AI doesn't do it and cut themself from later tech resources. Also, due to this and farms utilizing it, cities grow to some ridiculously sizes in ancient era - 25-30 in *Ancient* era. That just doesn't make sense imho.

Thanks for help on logs editing. I just finished current game by winning mastery victory, will edit this on my next game.

Any plans on removing or updating worker action "Place resource" (cow, pigs, horse, deer, ivory) i mentioned earlier? I believe it seriously breaks balance seeing plains littered with camps. Moreover, it CAN be placed over other resource, replacing it ... i was checking WB in my game to make sure i wont place it over iron or coal, but i think AI doesn't do it and cut themself from later tech resources. Also, due to this and farms utilizing it, cities grow to some ridiculously sizes in ancient era - 25-30 in *Ancient* era. That just doesn't make sense imho.

How OLD a copy do you have? That resouce stuff was fixed by NotSoGood along time ago:confused:

Try test version 4.

@StrategyOnly Do you want me to look at the Abandon City mod code and change it so that it does not give workers if you do not have the tech for workers. If so what do you want instead? Gatherers, slaves, nothing?

@ StrategyOnly Do you want me to look at the Abandon City mod code and change it so that it does not give workers if you do not have the tech for workers. If so what do you want instead? Gatherers, slaves, nothing?

Dang forgot about that also, go ahead and replace with Gatherers, thx;)

Also i am uploading the LH's.

How OLD a copy do you have? That resouce stuff was fixed by NotSoGood along time ago:confused:

Try test version 4.

I believe it was copy before last one (21 nov one). At least when i was checking yesterday it was same copy i had ... Will download last one and check.

@StrategyOnly OK where is the XML that defines the gatherer and tribe. I looked in the assets/xml folder at the unitinfos file but could not find either and there are no prereq techs on the workers in that file. However there are in the game so there must be another unitinfos file somewhere with the definitions in them.:confused:

@StrategyOnly OK where is the XML that defines the gatherer and tribe. I looked in the assets/xml folder at the unitinfos file but could not find either and there are no prereq techs on the workers in that file. However there are in the game so there must be another unitinfos file somewhere with the definitions in them.:confused:

Modules folder named: Units

Yeah, I just found it. Just shows I do need my coffee in the morning ;)

What I am currently thinking of is to make the workers/gatherers whenever a city is raized rather than just through the Abandon City function. This would make things a bit fairer for the AI.

@strategyonly - What sort of suggestions are you looking for right now? I have some ideas for unit balance but I don't want to post if you are working on other things.

@Hydromancerx, Dancing Hoskuld

I think i will go ahead and upload a test copy for everyone, and see how it goes, what do you'll think?

I am taking out ALL ( that includes RoM/AND ones also) extra LH's also, and just going to add them as an extra if anyone wants to d/l them separately.

Sorry I have been busy. Trying to catch up .... Wait, what are you taking out?!?! :eek:

Also I am about half way through my next update. They are sitting in limbo with half done for each. Plus I successfully merged in Generalstaff's forgotten "Traps" mod.

EDIT: Oh "LH" means leader head. Nevermind. I thought you were taking out like RoM/AND from the mod. I was like "How the heck is it suppose to run without those?"

Any who good move. Lead heads in my opinion are just a bunch of "fluff" that is not really important to the core game.

I seem to be having the same issue on 2 separate crashes. The only thing that I have noticed is I was selecting a stack with a field commander unit when it has happened. I am not sure if it helps or if its just a coincidence.

Which echos my views on some of the new techs:mischief:

Techs are a lot harder to make optional though.

I seem to be having the same issue on 2 separate crashes. The only thing that I have noticed is I was selecting a stack with a field commander unit when it has happened. I am not sure if it helps or if its just a coincidence.

Is this current NWA? If so need a saved game (1 turn before CTD). I have NO problems whatsoever, never had a crash or anything in over 100 games.

Is this current NWA? If so need a saved game (1 turn before CTD). I have NO problems whatsoever, never had a crash or anything in over 100 games.

No this was in the previous pre-versions that you sent me. I am still downloading the new version. I will let you know if I encounter the same problem.

@strategyonly

List of tweaks and bugs ...

- The "Loyaltry" promotion (the green background and a strong arm) should be under "Cooperation" not "Scavenging".

- Swap the icons for "Cave Dwelling" and "Stone Building"

- Corn and Potatoes resource should be revealed by "Gathering" too. They seems to be left out.

- While Ivory is "Enabled" by "Bone Working", it should probably be "Revealed" by "Scavenging".

- Have "Seafaring" require "Stargazing" AND "Naval Warfare"

- "Hunting" should require "Trapping" AND "Cooking" AND "Cooperation". Otherwise "cooking" becomes a dead end tech. Alternatively you could make it a requirement for say "Nauropathy" or even "Poison Crafting" too.

EDIT: Ok now i got a flashy UI and crashed. Here is the last autosave. Note its the new version but I have not applied any of my new unreleased mods to it yet.

No this was in the previous pre-versions that you sent me. I am still downloading the new version. I will let you know if I encounter the same problem.

@strategyonly

List of tweaks and bugs ...

- The "Loyaltry" promotion (the green background and a strong arm) should be under "Cooperation" not "Scavenging".

- Swap the icons for "Cave Dwelling" and "Stone Building"

- Corn and Potatoes resource should be revealed by "Gathering" too. They seems to be left out.

- While Ivory is "Enabled" by "Bone Working", it should probably be "Revealed" by "Scavenging".

- Have "Seafaring" require "Stargazing" AND "Naval Warfare"

- "Hunting" should require "Trapping" AND "Cooking" AND "Cooperation". Otherwise "cooking" becomes a dead end tech. Alternatively you could make it a requirement for say "Nauropathy" or even "Poison Crafting" too.

EDIT: Ok now i got a flashy UI and crashed. Here is the last autosave. Note its the new version but I have not applied any of my new unreleased mods to it yet.

I dont get the flashy part but it does crash(two turns later), i also see alot of red blobs that should not be there, did you place your MLF file in a different location?

EDIT:
- Have "Seafaring" require "Stargazing" AND "Naval Warfare" (Thats the way it is set-up?

- "Hunting" should require "Trapping" AND "Cooking" AND "Cooperation". Otherwise "cooking" becomes a dead end tech. (Again thats the way it is setup)?

EDIT EDIT: OK i figured out what the red blobs are in the water, for some reason the Art in good huts was gone, weird i never even messed with that file?

btw if your going to remark here, you also dont need to PM same info, ok, thx, personal stuff (or stuff needed to hide from others for now) should be in the PM area, thx.

EDIT EDIT EDIT: btw i just tried out the newer version i sent you of your folders and it works 5 times faster.

Top Bottom