• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Caveman 2 Cosmos (ideas/discussions thread)

• Cleaned up default tags in Platyping_CIV4BuildingInfos.xml
<iMinAreaSize>-1</iMinAreaSize> is absolutely everywhere including all nonmodular buildings.
Hopefully it was because someone forgot to remove it.

Last edited:
<iMinAreaSize>-1</iMinAreaSize> is absolutely everywhere including all nonmodular buildings.
Hopefully it was because someone forgot to remove it.

<iMinAreaSize>-1</iMinAreaSize> means exactly the same as <iMinAreaSize>0</iMinAreaSize> and <iMinAreaSize>1</iMinAreaSize> as far as the dll tag value interpretation code is concerned.

So there is effectively 2 default values for that tag plus every single negative number.

<iMinAreaSize>-1</iMinAreaSize> means exactly the same as <iMinAreaSize>0</iMinAreaSize> and <iMinAreaSize>1</iMinAreaSize> as far as the dll tag value interpretation code is concerned.

So there is effectively 2 default values for that tag plus every single negative number.

You could cleanup all default tags in all unit and building infos, as you cleaned this module.
If I made mistake I wouldn't even know where I did :p

You could cleanup all default tags in all unit and building infos, as you cleaned this module.
If I made mistake I wouldn't even know where I did :p
I'm the one who cleaned up most of it anyhow, not too long before you joined the team.

All the xml were filled to the brink with default tags even in the core a couple years back. The unit and building xml were huge then.

I'm the one who cleaned up most of it anyhow, not too long before you joined the team.

All the xml were filled to the brink with default tags even in the core a couple years back. The unit and building xml were huge then.
Still a lot of files are filled with this especially religious and animal stuff.

There are some default tags in core too - few thousands in total in all building and unit infos

Last edited:
Ok, so regarding the plot sign sizes:
Maybe I did changed how they scale in size when you zoom in and out.
Spoiler Comparison picture :
Sign scaling to zoom level.jpg

No image stretching is done on any of the squares in the picture, they are exactly as big as they appeared on my screen in game.
So they are very small at medium distance, very big at close distance and reasonably sized at a very far distance.

I could tweak this more but I found it nice to not have them so visible when at the usual medium zoom level, and if I wanted to read the signs I would just have to zoom in on them.

Currently the signs do not dissapear when you reach max zoom level, this is something I will change so that they disappear around the time city bars disappear when zooming out.

Last edited:
This is because they scale for Game Speed! Stop playing on Eternity If you don't want this much reward!

Are you also kidding me today ?
When the mod offer to play at this speed , then the mod should be build for that.
Just saying "Do not play on that speed " -i am going to be very frustated , even more with my bug report and the reaction.

When the mod offer to play at this speed , then the mod should be build for that.
Just saying "Do not play on that speed " -i am going to be very frustated , even more with my bug report and the reaction.
Don't worry, he hates any speeds longer than 8000 turns - you can expand more on slower speeds, its easier to throw game off balance and other reasons.
Marathon was Eternity before V38.5 turn count wise.

I'm not sure if settler cost scales by game speed.

Ok, so regarding the plot sign sizes:
I obviously changed how they scale in size when you zoom in and out.
No image stretching is done on any of the squares in the picture, they are exactly as big as they appeared on my screen in game. So they are very small at medium distance, very big at close distance and reasonably sized at a very far distance.

I could tweak this more but I found it nice to not have them so visible when at the usual medium zoom level, and if I wanted to read the signs I would just have to zoom in on them.

Currently the signs do not disappear when you reach max zoom level, this is something I will change so that they disappear around the time city bars disappear when zooming out.
see picture have things on there for some easy changes, i believe?? plot, i do not have any pic i take on a zoom in/out, dont like to do that, but just a "hair" larger would be nice, thx .. .

Attachments

• re=try.JPG
    re=try.JPG
    259.1 KB · Views: 31
see picture have things on there for some easy changes, i believe?? plot, i do not have any pic i take on a zoom in/out, dont like to do that, but just a "hair" larger would be nice, thx .. .
OK, so you want smaller text in general, but I don't think many agree with you that a larger flag trumps a larger minimap in this case... Perhaps you could accept it as it is now (the flag I mean).

Why add buttons (commerce adjusters) that are not needed? Don't you ever use the ctrl+shif+alt buttons when playing C2C? Those buttons are so useful for so much in C2C.

I can't for the life of me figure out how to change anything graphical about the plot signs. I'll look some more into it, but I've already spent 2 hours trying to change the size of those signs now.

No I'm not kidding you. The Eternity, Eon, and even Snail Game Speeds distort game play scaling across the board.

You want better scaling then play Long, Epic, or Marathon. Normal is not too bad either if you are trying to reach Eras later than Medieval and still have an AI competitor.

It is extremely difficult to scale a game speed range of 1000 turn to 20,000 turns. So don't get mad and you don't have be frustrated either. Won't do you any good really. Just telling you how it is.

And If you had told us you were playing Pit's scenario that would've Really helped as well. If you don't give details of how your game is set up it makes giving you help harder. Understand?

OK, so you want smaller text in general, but I don't think many agree with you that a larger flag trumps a larger minimap in this case... Perhaps you could accept it as it is now (the flag I mean).

Why add buttons (commerce adjusters) that are not needed? Don't you ever use the ctrl+shif+alt buttons when playing C2C? Those buttons are so useful for so much in C2C.

I can't for the life of me figure out how to change anything graphical about the plot signs. I'll look some more into it, but I've already spent 2 hours trying to change the size of those signs now.
what the heck is that ctrl stuff, no never use it, i do use some keypad stuff, but i really dont like to use them except when adding units to the queue
new pic with what i like, and i do want the commerce, i use them almost every turn in the games i play, sorry and as TB states its a must in multi-player also .. . thx. . .

EDIT: not understanding the mini-map stuff, i only use it when i need to get to a different city or place real fast, thats it ..

Attachments

• re.JPG
    re.JPG
    355.5 KB · Views: 65
And you don't think I have any Good reason?

You say it your self.
Yeah, I didn't say, that you don't have good reasons to hate longer game speeds.
Longer game speeds combined with larger maps and more AIs and barbarians on same continent gives especially pronounced effect, when you go all out war before you can normally settle cities.

All factors constant you could jokingly say, that on Eternity conquering enemy is blitzkrieg and on Blitz conquering enemy lasts eternity compared to research pace.

All factors constant you could jokingly say, that on Eternity conquering enemy is blitzkrieg and on Blitz conquering enemy lasts eternity compared to research pace.
True.

In my experience you should debuff the reward from " Add to Tale ".
I got 30 Culture and 20 Science for each animal that i use for Add to Tale.
I have one GH in Sibiria and one GH in Africa.
Each Round they subdude 3 or 4 animals and between the EoT they are attacked 2-3 times from animals,also subdude.
So in best case i have 14* 30 Culture and 14*20 Science each Round.
In my actuell game i am far in front with techs , also i am plaing deity.
I try ti help the ai with flexible difficulty , but that has only increase and not decrease the diff for them.:-(
They are currently set to scale by game speed and map size with a current value of 1-4 depending on the buildings you have. Most are 1 which means I can't reduce the value.

... , even more with my bug report and the reaction.
A bit of patience please this mod is an international effort. Your post was not there when I went to bed as 2am. It is there now at 6am. Joe and Thundrbrd were trying to provide information as best they could. But I am the one with the knowledge as Joe mentioned.

It's the way DH set them up long ago. On blitz you might get 1 Culture or maybe 1 Culture and 1 Beaker if it's a bigger animal or dangerous predator. I used to know where it was all at before the new system was put in. I will try to find it again.
In the XML I just say scale the value. The dll takes care of what scales it applies.

A lot to dig into here...

Why so large (city bar)?
Hmm, because you are on a low resolution and zoomed quite far in perhaps.
Because I thought you specifically would like it bigger, my bad.
I guess I could make it smaller.​
I am at standard/default zoom. The problem with them being that size is that you can't see the terrain behind them.

Still a lot of files are filled with this especially religious and animal stuff.

There are some default tags in core too - few thousands in total in all building and unit infos
Yes and the removal of all the tags stopped the move of the Religions out of core. Now you can put the tags in any order you want it is impossible to compare two versions. Don't change the religion XML

Top Bottom