Caveman 2 Cosmos (ideas/discussions thread)

Yes, it is intentional. All it does is allow the mega fauna unit to be built in all cities rather than just the one that build the mega fauna wonder. I only build them when the mega fauna wonder was not built in my military city. I have not yet had to have more than one military city. I have had a naval city in addition to a military city.
Isn't that what a bonus is for?... though I suppose a bonus is tradeable... it would certainly be a better approach for processing speed. Maybe we need a bool on bonuses that makes it an untradeable bonus.

@Dancing Hoskuld so now that I added back bNoRevealMap to all subdued animals (these were gone for 3 years - SVN 9099) can I add reduced scaling of animal rewards?
Now you can't reveal map with subdued animals.

Scaling is square root of game speed factor.
Entries in Subdue AnimalCombat Info just have different adapt define tag.
Code:
                            <iCommerce>
                                   <Adapt>
                                       <ID>ADAPT_UNIT_YIELD</ID>
                                       <Constant>2</Constant>
                                   </Adapt>
                               </iCommerce>

Game speed entries were expanded a bit.
Code:
<Percents>
                <Percent>
                    <ID>ADAPT_DEFAULT</ID>
                    <iValue>1000</iValue>
                </Percent>
                <Percent>
                    <ID>ADAPT_UNIT_YIELD</ID>
                    <iValue>315</iValue>
                </Percent>
            </Percents>
ADAPT_DEFAULT is used generally for all units
ADAPT_UNIT_YIELD will be used to scale animal tale and animal combat yields.
In fact you could define more ADAPT tags for different unit actions (or even different commerces within same action) that provide yields.

Eternity: 1000 -> 315
Eons: 800 -> 280
Snail: 600 ->245
Marathon: 400 -> 200
Epic: 300 -> 170
Long: 200 -> 140
Normal - unchanged at 100
Blitz: 50 -> 70
Ultrafast: 25 -> 50

Isn't that what a bonus is for?... though I suppose a bonus is tradeable... it would certainly be a better approach for processing speed. Maybe we need a bool on bonuses that makes it an untradeable bonus.
The HM (human modification) bonuses definitely should not be tradeable.

same with all culture ones like Greek or Chinese.
Sorry but I disagree. If some AI wants to build Samurai more than I do, he can make me an offer I can't refuse (because of its generosity that is;)), and I'll sell the culture to him. Call it ethnic cleansing (if the price is right frankly I don't care what it gets called:mischief:)

Obsolete stuff also won't appear.
Does this negate the Bug setting for Hide Obsolete Buildings or worker actions? Whether you have it checked or not?

Does this negate the Bug setting for Hide Obsolete Buildings or worker actions? Whether you have it checked or not?
Nope, stuff can be hidden but there isn't much reason to do so.
Since unbuildable units and buildings are separated out, and there is much more room to display buildings and units you don't have to tick any hide building/unit BUG option.
"Hide obsolete/unavailable worker actions" can be left unticked, if you want to build "older" improvements.
Sometimes other improvements are needlessly hidden for example sea tunnels - route that you can build at end of Industrial era.

@Toffer90 or @raxo2222

Which Global Define for Camera angle is used to heighten the angle of view. PPIO is just a bit flat for my liking. Seems to be less than 45* now.

FOV I had to move out to 55 from 45/47 range.

@Toffer90 or @raxo2222

Which Global Define for Camera angle is used to heighten the angle of view. PPIO is just a bit flat for my liking. Seems to be less than 45* now.

FOV I had to move out to 55 from 45/47 range.
Lower FoV will make you see stuff more straight from above at practical zoom levels. The higher the FoV the further out you will get before seeing things from above.

You could try changing CAMERA_LOWER_PITCH in GlobalDefines.xml from -30 to -40, or even -45, though I didn't like how it looked at -45, I could play with it at -40 without feeling it was too extreme.
Keep it within the negative 25-90 or you will end up seeing everything upside down. ^^ (see attached pics)
CAMERA_LOWER_PITCH can be changed while the game is running and the change takes effect when you alt+tab into the game again.

Before I merged PPIO in it was set at -28, but I also changed default FoV from 43 to 50, so perhaps you would prefer what you are probably more used to (FoV at 43) instead, the FoV slider setting is saved between games in the UserSettings folder.

Attachments

• Lower Pitch negative 150.jpg
    Lower Pitch negative 150.jpg
    648.4 KB · Views: 68
  • Lower Pitch Positive 90.jpg
    Lower Pitch Positive 90.jpg
    515.5 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Lower FoV will make you see stuff more straight from above at practical zoom levels. The higher the FoV the further out you will get before seeing things from above.

You could try changing CAMERA_LOWER_PITCH in GlobalDefines.xml from -30 to -40, or even -45, though I didn't like how it looked at -45, I could play with it at -40 without feeling it was too extreme.
Don't put in positive numbers here, you will end up seeing everything upside down I think. ^^

Before I merged PPIO in it was set at -28, but I also changed default FoV from 43 to 50, so perhaps you would prefer what you are probably more used to (FoV at 43) instead, the FoV slider setting is saved between games in the UserSettings folder.
Ahh okay learning new tricks then. My FOV before was always set to 47.

Also did you know that if you are using a personal music track for the game that if you use the scroll wheel to zoom in close or as you zoom out to world/planet view that the sound decreases in both instances? And will cut the music off once you reach World/planet view or be close enough to centered tile that it is maxed (the tile). Strange that zooming would affect the sound/music. At least it is for me maybe it was always that way? But I don't remember experiencing this before now.

EDIT: also just now going back into game I got an error message about Tech Conquest being disabled. And on the subject of Tech Conquest....does you settings for PPIO actually allow a tech to be obtained thru capturing a city? It was really bad how it was set up before. The %'s were way to low and you never got a Tech from capturing even a Capitol City.

Last edited:
Ahh okay learning new tricks then. My FOV before was always set to 47.

Also did you know that if you are using a personal music track for the game that if you use the scroll wheel to zoom in close or as you zoom out to world/planet view that the sound decreases in both instances? And will cut the music off once you reach World/planet view or be close enough to centered tile that it is maxed (the tile). Strange that zooming would affect the sound/music. At least it is for me maybe it was always that way? But I don't remember experiencing this before now.
I'm pretty sure that is simply how the engine handles all music tracks, even if you don't have your own playlist and only listen to the game music, the soundscape adjust dynamically to zoom level, very close zoom will dampen the music and increase the city ambient noise (chickens clucking, dogs barking, people talking) instead, and globe view play different music than regular below clouds zooms.

I'm almost 100% sure that PPIO never touched anything related to that.

EDIT: also just now going back into game I got an error message about Tech Conquest being disabled. And on the subject of Tech Conquest....does you settings for PPIO actually allow a tech to be obtained thru capturing a city? It was really bad how it was set up before. The %'s were way to low and you never got a Tech from capturing even a Capitol City.
Did you delete User Settings after updating first time to version with PPIO?

okay I guess I never noticed before because for a long time I had music Off, unless I wanted to hear something from my own library. Like Today I'm listening to Eloy's The Tides Return Forever LP. Love all of Eloy's music. :)

Huh, that's a new one for me. Are you using the TechConq config file that is on the SVN or are you using an old custom one from before the merge?

Huh, that's a new one for me. Are you using the TechConq config file that is on the SVN or are you using an old custom one from before the merge?
I'm not sure if EnhancedTechConquest.new.xml in config fell trough your fingers.

Logs show, that you didn't do anything with this file.

words smaller, just a "hair" and other see pic . . .
The thing about the message box in the middle there is that I haven't figured out where its specific coding is...
I'll look some more for it, but if it is controlled by the exe then that would mean that I need to reduce the size of all text in the game with a general font modification to get that message box text smaller.
I'm not sure if EnhancedTechConquest.new.xml in config fell trough your fingers.

Logs show, that you didn't do anything with this file.
Maybe, it has a strange naming convention...
Edit: EnhancedTechConquest.new.xml was never used/processed by C2C as far as I can tell.

Last edited:
The thing about the message box in the middle there is that I haven't figured out where its specific coding is...
I'll look some more for it, but if it is controlled by the exe then that would mean that I need to reduce the size of all text in the game with a general font modification to get that message box text smaller.
For me 13/14/15/16/17 is good on 1280x1024, StrategyOnly prefers 14/14/15/16/18 (on 1024x768), and not 13/15/17/19/21 that you currently use when it comes for font sizes..
Maybe you could redirect font size used in event box to smallest font.

As for enhanced tech conquest is that toggleable in BUG?
Maybe he had it on and default User Settings had this off?

Last edited:
Top Bottom