Caveman 2 Cosmos (ideas/discussions thread)

i dont play with any oceans, just dryland. . .
Sea and Ocean battles, even early ones makes for some intense gameplay. Especially when you are trying to get a settler and some troops to a new landmass.

Do you still use the More Resources and/or more Rivers Options? I know you used to do this.

@Thunderbrd
Almost every new game I have started over this winter I have had to fight a Barb or Neanderthal city 1st to get a path to the main body of the landmass I am on. While the AI is rapidly sucking up the territory I'm being blocked from. Makes for a tense Preh and Ancient eras struggle. You would be very happy with this. ;)
I don't know... I have never been a big fan of over struggling with border issues early but it does sound like I'm going to have to dive in and really play a game soon. Might help me to get myself more aligned with working on the units harder. I've been wanting to get those done before playing again. (lol)

Problem is I'm getting pulled further and further into the work even more mode and am already up to about 60hrs+ a week with endless amounts more I CAN do. Hopefully I can find a way to get it all condensed and streamlined a bit better, scale more effectively, and then pull back to working here. All I can say is I'm making more $ than I ever thought possible right now and I can easily see making way more than that. Employing some help to push plans forward may not be an impossible dream soon. But we're also dealing with major housing repair issues that soak free time too... flooring, drywall, gardening... probably roofing soon... endless!

Yeah, keeping up on a house is very important and costly.
2020 I had to put on a new Roof $15K. Sprung a leak in the workshop where I do my Reel to reel repairs. Not good.
2021 New windows and 2 entrance doors $28K. Finally replaced original doors and windows. House was built in 1972.
This winter a new furnace $5500. And this Spring/Summer a New A coil and condenser if we want any A/C this year.
Ben Hiden's inflation sure has not helped anything's Price! :nono::cringe::backstab:

30k on sudden drain repairs + retiling and reflooring most of the house as a result. 10k covered by ins. Luv it. That's ok, though cuz income nearly doubled today.

Be Blessed and Trust God.

What is the ETA for the SVN breaking saved games? I'm sorry but I find Discord hard to navigate and I want to start a new game immediately after the SVN's break the saves an do a prehistoric to Universe long Warlord game

Not sure if this is mentioned before but why is the modern destroyer a suggested upgrade into a modern frigate when it is a dead end upgrade path and it's base strength is much less than the destroyer (who upgrades ultimately into a fusion destroyer)
Just keep the frigate in its own class and maybe upgrade it a bit later.as it is literately four+one techs on the same path away from when you first get the modern version of the destroyer.

This is my latest saved game. I welcome all criticism and suggestions. I am retired now and have a pretty severe case of OCD Bipolar for 30 years. Anywho i have plenty of time to play Civ C2C. It's by far the best MOD I have ever seen! All my best to the modding team.

Attachments

• OlyOsk July 20, AD-1967.CivBeyondSwordSave
    8.4 MB · Views: 5
@Osk21,
Below is the newest Civic file that will be included in the Newest version fo C2C.

Down load and cut/paste the current file to a safe place and copy/paste this one in the old one's place in the GameInfo folder.

Attachments

• CIV4CivicInfos.xml
    918.8 KB · Views: 12
Probably more than one month, less than six. It's not very well defined.
Now This is one ambivalent post! Or maybe a more fittin' definition would be noncommittal. :lol: :mischief: :groucho:

Not sure if this is mentioned before but why is the modern destroyer a suggested upgrade into a modern frigate when it is a dead end upgrade path and it's base strength is much less than the destroyer (who upgrades ultimately into a fusion destroyer)
Just keep the frigate in its own class and maybe upgrade it a bit later.as it is literately four+one techs on the same path away from when you first get the modern version of the destroyer.
This area of the naval tree was exactly the reason for starting the naval unit review a few years back and it still has not been completed or resolved. This is just one issue which is a huge mess in this area. Hopefully some time can be found to complete the review and implement soon.

I think you all should place Barbarians in the Solar System in Space Mod/Maps or at least Blue Green Algae Is anyone here the Proud owner of Sid Meier's Civilizaton I the original?

Is anyone here the Proud owner of Sid Meier's Civilizaton I the original?
I was... that was a few lifetimes ago. I think I rented it to install it on the system I had back then.

I have never seen this many Barbs on 1 tile before. Simply amazing! 470 Total units, Spear (wood and stone) and Mace. Saxon I took from the Barbs. Now it looks like they want it back! :lol::shifty::eek:

Edit: The 1st screen shot has 63 Thieves that I have been whittling on for some time too.

This has been going on for 500 game years. But since this is Ultrafast Game Speed, in reality only a few dozen or more turns. The rate that barbs city can pump out these simple units is remarkable.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0128.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0128.JPG
    464.7 KB · Views: 28
  • Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    447.7 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Top Bottom