Caveman 2 Cosmos (ideas/discussions thread)

My Civilization continues to discover Technologies and builds some buildings and even some Wonders but My Economy is barely breathing and my Units have been on Strike for Several Turns. In one of my past Space Scenario Games, I had Runaway Gold. In this Game, I have so poorly managed my Finances that it makes me want to Cry. How do I find a Happy Medium that requires some effort in Gold and Money production and yet allows me to build Buildings, Wonders, and Units and keep my Science Slider at 100%??? Please critique my Game!!!

Attachments

• OskGH October 25, AD-2082.CivBeyondSwordSave
    7.2 MB · Views: 1
My Civilization continues to discover Technologies and builds some buildings and even some Wonders but My Economy is barely breathing and my Units have been on Strike for Several Turns. In one of my past Space Scenario Games, I had Runaway Gold. In this Game, I have so poorly managed my Finances that it makes me want to Cry. How do I find a Happy Medium that requires some effort in Gold and Money production and yet allows me to build Buildings, Wonders, and Units and keep my Science Slider at 100%??? Please critique my Game!!!
There are some bugs in gold that builds up over time, hit ctrl+shift+T to recalculate modifiers, should cut down your deficit to about a third from what I remember from debugging your earlier CTD save.

Thank You!!! Still having lots of fun playing even though I have a nasty budget deficit!!!

This is where my Game is at now. Still having loads of FUN, but It would be GREAT if in Version 44 it would be a little Easier to Maintain a Healthy Economy so my Units could kill Wild Animals and Barbarians and I could reduce my Vassal, Brazil, to One City by way of Cultural Expansion and Takeover and Colonize the Entire Universe in a Mastery Victory!!!

Attachments

• OskGH April 5, AD-2103.CivBeyondSwordSave
    7.4 MB · Views: 2
This is where my Game is at now. Still having loads of FUN, but It would be GREAT if in Version 44 it would be a little Easier to Maintain a Healthy Economy so my Units could kill Wild Animals and Barbarians and I could reduce my Vassal, Brazil, to One City by way of Cultural Expansion and Takeover and Colonize the Entire Universe in a Mastery Victory!!!
Grand Ambitions Osk21! :thumbsup::viking:

I still believe that there could be World Wonders like the Mayo Clinic and Walter Reed Hospital and also some Great Hospitals from Europe and Asia that I might not be familiar with I still like the idea of finding the Sacred Mountain and I think it would be fun to find Bigfoot and the Loch Ness Monster too. I also think we could bring back Interfaith but should of course make it less overpowered because it is too big of an advantage to have Monasteries of every Religion producing Science and the Temples and Cathedrals in all of one's empire's cities. I still usually adhere to Christianity for the purpose of St. John's Crusade, spawning Crusaders every few turns is awesome and I love Andeanism for the Science and Asaratu for the military experience point and I have raised a lot of money in the past by having Motherland Calls and getting paid to disband units that I don't need and I can't wait for Version 44 and it would be Awesome if the modding team came out with Multimaps this year and I still will probably be willing to buy Civilization 7 out of curiosity but it might not come out until 2025 and will most likely cost $60 or more and then have all kinds of DLC for sale to ensure big profits for the Civilization owners and I still think Sid Meier's is a genius for inventing this game and others too!!! Just Finished Researching Transcendent Lifestyle now and will try to continue with this game and start a New Game with Version 44!! I have only been able to colonize the Solar System because my Interstellar probes and World Ships disband before they get outside of the Solar System because of negative cash flow in my Economy. My Goal is always to Research the entire Tech Tree and Colonize as much of the Universe as possible!!!
Dave Irwin
Published: 4 days ago
Civilization VII
When is the Civilization 7 release date? For over 20 years, the Civilization series has captivated PC gamers with its intricate strategy, forcing players to think about more than just conquering their neighbors. Sometimes, the best victory is by being diplomatically savvy while secretly building massive cultural wonders and hoping nobody notices – especially the nuke-hungry Gandhi.
Now that we’ve had confirmation from Firaxis that Civilization 7 is officially in development, we’ve been gathering as much information as possible about the next installment of the strategy game series. While it’s still early days, and we haven’t even seen a trailer for it yet, we can at least figure out when you should expect to play it.
[IMG alt="Civ 7 release date: how the Civ 6 map looks right now, with the hope that Civ 7's map doesn't look like this."]https://www.pcgamesn.com/wp-content/sites/pcgamesn/2023/06/civ-7-release-date-map-550x309.jpg[/IMG]

Civilization 7 release date estimate​

The Civilization 7 release date is expected to be sometime in 2024. We’re basing this date on a few factors. It’s the earliest we’ve known about the release of a new game from Firaxis; however, for previous Civ games, we’ve seen the announcement trailer only a few months before the eventual release.
There has been no official confirmation of a Civ 7 release date yet from Firaxis or 2K Games, and given that we’ve not heard a peep yet about a trailer, it’s unlikely that the game will come out in the first half of this year.

Attachments

• OskGH January 27, AD-2129.CivBeyondSwordSave
    7.6 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:
why is it that BEFORE Medieval era u can capture spaces on the map of the enemy but then AFTER it disappears?? should still be there .. . .
Depends on civics you have - its Fixed Borders game option
Civics say which ones have fixed borders mechanic

Depends on civics you have - its Fixed Borders game option
Civics say which ones have fixed borders mechanic
And nobody ever explained what that MEANS, or at least I haven't seen it.
Is it basically "can't lose territory to foreign culture", or what else?

To some extent, what it means depends a lot on the civics you have so... it's hard to explain generically. That and I believe a while back that there were a lot of design arguments over it and we settled on some complexities that tried to walk a line between various views on what it SHOULD mean. Therefore it became again harder to explain.

I did not change the civics that had this Fixed Borders segment. Partly cause I was not sure how it was affected by realistic borders. Maybe now is the time to remove Fixed Borders from all Civics that has it?

I did not change the civics that had this Fixed Borders segment. Partly cause I was not sure how it was affected by realistic borders. Maybe now is the time to remove Fixed Borders from all Civics that has it?
Why? Do we have a problem with fixed borders as an option?

Why? Do we have a problem with fixed borders as an option?
I really don't know. I stopped using the Fixed Borders Option Years ago. I'd be curious how many C2C players use it at all. Is it still a Game setup option? I'll have to look I guess.

I really don't know. I stopped using the Fixed Borders Option Years ago. I'd be curious how many C2C players use it at all. Is it still a Game setup option? I'll have to look I guess.
It is... I'd almost rather the game used it from the beginning but I always did like the idea that earlier in history borders were more a matter of what nation people declared themselves to be in support of and it wasn't until more rule of law and international legalities were introduced that borders became so fixed.

Top Bottom