Caveman 2 Cosmos

Here's the file.

I also changed Free Units (though that didn't make the crash) upwards a bit. Doesn't make a difference at all in later eras (a few gold difference only) while it makes the world to a burgeoning Civ in that an early war is a little easier and, more important, a few more Animal Units can be kept for later use.

I think, but can not be sure, that it's the 300% on Deity for Colony Maintenance that caused the crash. That one I now have at only 225%.

Cheers

I wrote a long reply going through all the gorey details of this but the damn boards lost them by going to the stupid 'once per 24 hours sponsor message' when I hit 'preview', so here's the short version:

Fix will be in the patch thread later today after I've looked at the other reported problems. Verified it solves your issue.

Hi

i seem to be having a new CTD.

Tryed to load it a couple of times but same CTD every time

Here my save

Thanks. Save game pinned it down perfectly. Fix will be in the patch thread in a couple of hours after I finish looking at the other reported issues.

Can you clarify the exact errors you get please, either with screenshots or error text.

All errors dealt with TAGS. Here are some examples.

"TAG: UNITCOMBAT_HEALTH_CARE in info class was incorrect
current XML file is XML\Units\CIV4PromotionInfos.xml" - a few in this file

"TAG: BONUS_TIMBER in info class was incorrect
current XML file is XML\Terrain\CIV4InprovementInfos.xml" - several in this file

"TAG: RELIGION_TENGRIISM in info class was incorrect
current XML file is XML\Buildings\CIV4BuildingInfos.xml" - many in this file

current XML file is XML\Civilizations\CIV4LeaderHeadInfos.xml" - many in this file

"TAG: BUILDING_GOOD_NANOBOTS in info class was incorrect
current XML file is XML\Units\CIV4UnitInfos.xml" - very many in this file

I have worked with XML files before in my work, but the schemas for these are a lot more complicated than what I have used.

@ Koshling:

Here is a Max Comp game: Its weird, i take over the enemies fort, and it becomes mine, BUT then the next turn, even if i am on that tile, its back to being the enemies?

EDIT: Also below, i really need this one solved, i have two different modcomps going on, and if they work, i can add them C2C? Thats why the file is marked "Caveman2Cosmos - Copy"

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=10778508&postcount=3689

Here is a new savegame where the game goes into the endless turn bug.

This one is still not hanging for me on end-turn from the save :-( The fact that reinstalling makes any differnce for you suggests you have some sort of environmental issue, since none of the installed files is written to at run time (i.e. - nothing you install should change in any way, and the fact that a reinstall works implies that somehow it is)

Hopefully whatever is causing your issue will surface in one of the other saves I'm getting from various sources, but until then there's not a lot I can do to help you. I suggest you take new DLLs from the patch thread as they are updated there in case one of the fixes solves your problem also, but obviously it's a bit hit-and-miss.

current XML file is XML\Terrain\CIV4InprovementInfos.xml" - several in this file

current XML file is XML\Civilizations\CIV4LeaderHeadInfos.xml" - many in this file

I have worked with XML files before in my work, but the schemas for these are a lot more complicated than what I have used.

By any chance did you change the name, or place it in a different place other than the BtS mod folder?

At end of turn it's an Endless Turn with 15.1 DLL.
Exchanging only the DLL file for the 15.0 one solves the problem. Me thinks there might be an unintended problem with the new DLL.
Uploading the save for you to check (it's again with the Caveman2CosmosSolo version). Saved Max Comp just before ending turn.

This save is from a DLL that pre-dates SVN rev 220 on July 30th. I think it's possible that you may have corrupted your game by going back and forth between versions - max compat is only FORWARD compatible - trying to load a save game from a later DLL with an earlier one can still lead to corrupted data.

Your best bet to rescue this game would be:

1) Update to today's patch when I post it since it fixes two CTDs as per previous posts
2) Revert to a max compat save that you know you made BEFORE you tried a go-back to an earlier DLL workaround

If you STILL get a hang let me have a latest-DLL save game if possible. Regardless - THIS save does not hang for me - it plays end-turn successfully (after today's fixes which I will post to the patch thread shortly, though none of them are end-of-turn-hang fixes, just CTDs)

Seems as of 15.1 the National Marble Reserve still does not give good (marble). Havent actually tried building it but the mouse-over does not indicate that the good is gained by building it, unlike the Stone Reserve.

@ Koshling:

Here is a Max Comp game: Its weird, i take over the enemies fort, and it becomes mine, BUT then the next turn, even if i am on that tile, its back to being the enemies?

EDIT: Also below, i really need this one solved, i have two different modcomps going on, and if they work, i can add them C2C? Thats why the file is marked "Caveman2Cosmos - Copy"

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=10778508&postcount=3689

The fort issues are down to inconsistencies in how cultural ownership works.

Right now when you move inot a fort (as long as it's not a hidden nationality unit in my version, which will be pushed later today) you gain ownership of the fort tile + all surrounding tiles which are not within 1 tile of their current owner's city or another fort.

However, at the start of each turn cultural ownership is re-evaluated, and the person with the highest culture in a tile gets ownership provided that they have a city within cultural influence range of it (which varies with the city's cultural development and is its border rnage in the absence of other culture). This calculation does not apply to city plots. However, it DOES apply to fort plots, so the fort is taken back along with its surrounding tiles!

I am changing things as follows:

1) The surrounding tiles will only change ownership when you capture a fort if YOUR culture is the culturally dominant one there (i.e. - the captured fort serves to provide a cultural influence of range 1). In your game this means no adjacent tiles will change ownership. However, in a contested border area against an opponent with fixed borders it would tend to capture tiles back towards your borders.

2) The cultural ownership calculation will no longer apply to tiles occupied by forts provided there is at least one of the owner's units there. This means you'll keep your captured fort(s) so long as you don't vacate them totally.

In regard to your second save game that you report as CTDing, it does not do so for me (with my earlier fixes I have posted about previosuly today). So it's either the same issue as one of the other 2 CTDs I have fixed today, or it needs your experimental extra assets to reproduce it. Once I upload a patch (in the next hour) try that and let me know if it cures it.

Edit - I'm going to have to fairly urgently change the AI to make sure it doesn't leave unguarded forts now, or they become a massive achilles heal. Will do that next week.

Looks like there are modular loading issues:

UNITCOMBAT_HEALTH_CARE is defined in the Great Doctor Health Care module, but the main UnitInfo file is referencing it (it shouldn't - this reference should only be from units defined in the same module really)

BONUS_TIMBER is defined in the module Resources\Timber but used more widely

etc.

Most of the time this sort of error doesn't cause issues, but modular loading in Civ4 is a bit brain-dead and it can cause these errors. I'm not sure why it's only effecting you though and I will have to dig into modular loading a bit more to try to figure out why this might be happening (dependencies of one module on another are the root of it)

@Koshling,

Did you post that you would have a New Patch up sometime this evening?

JosEPh

Thank you.

JosEPh

Make sure that you have
Code:
; Modular XML Loading
ModularLoading   = 0
In your CivilizationIV.ini file usually found in your "My Documents/My Games/Beyond the Sword" folder. C2C uses WoC modular loading not standard BtS modular loading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Gruin

Make sure that you have
Code:
; Modular XML Loading
ModularLoading   = 0
In your CivilizationIV.ini file usually found in your "My Documents/My Games/Beyond the Sword" folder. C2C uses WoC modular loading not standard BtS modular loading.

My INI file is set as you suggested. Does it make any difference in that I do have a Rise of Nation version 2.91?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Gruin

My INI file is set as you suggested. Does it make any difference in that I do have a Rise of Nation version 2.91?

It is possible that the "Rise of Mankind" mod is interferring with C2C. I thought we had fixed this but some people are still reporting problems. The only way to stop the mix up it to move the "Rise of Mankind" folder some where outside the mods folder when you want to play C2C.

It is possible that the "Rise of Mankind" mod is interferring with C2C. I thought we had fixed this but some people are still reporting problems. The only way to stop the mix up it to move the "Rise of Mankind" folder some where outside the mods folder when you want to play C2C.

I removed "Rise of Mankind", but get the same results. Also, when I start the game after accepting all of the errors, this is the type of screen that I get.

Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG

I removed "Rise of Mankind", but get the same results. Also, when I start the game after accepting all of the errors, this is the type of screen that I get.

View attachment 298442

That is a sure sine of a bad (corrupted) install and a problem in the python associated with it.

If you have made your own changes to the mod try backing out of them one at a time to find the problem.

If this was a new install, try again but remove the Caveman 2 Cosmos folder to start with. If it still fails then it could be that the download was corrupted and you will need to do another down load.

If you are keeping up using the SVN method you should only need to remove the Caveman 2 Cosmos folder and re copy (with/out versioning) it from your SVN folder.

Top Bottom