Caveman 2 Cosmos

If you are not getting the latest stuff from the SVN, then you wont have the fix for this problem. A new version is coming out real soon now with the fix in it.

I am uploading a new version now, but CFC is having another problem with the server being too busy, infact, this is the first time since midnight i have been able to get on the forums.

Guys, just a fast question here.

What are the keys on a keybord (shortcuts) to swithc from one Player to another (civs) in the singlepyaer?

I think it used to be something Like CTRL-L or CTRL-ALt-I but it doesnt work, and I cant find it. Its a pop-up meny that asks you to chose another CIV.

Guys, just a fast question here.

What are the keys on a keybord (shortcuts) to swithc from one Player to another (civs) in the singlepyaer?

I think it used to be something Like CTRL-L or CTRL-ALt-I but it doesnt work, and I cant find it. Its a pop-up meny that asks you to chose another CIV.

You need to have cheat mode on. I think it is done in the civ.ini file.

I am very happy to see that somebody is actually improving AI here cause I just wanted to report that AI make nice armies but rarely attack cities with them and here we go.. Fixed.. Good job

Now I'm only curious how will new strategyonly's changes of unit strengths affect the mounted units cause I still think they should be most powerful (but expensive also) units in the game(until industrial age).

I am very happy to see that somebody is actually improving AI here cause I just wanted to report that AI make nice armies but rarely attack cities with them and here we go.. Fixed.. Good job

Now I'm only curious how will new strategyonly's changes of unit strengths affect the mounted units cause I still think they should be most powerful (but expensive also) units in the game(until industrial age).

Thats a good question, since i myself never use mounted units. Maybe someone that does use them can inform us how they are working??

See thats why its so IMPORTANT for people to say/write what they like or dont like about the mod, it helps out alot.

Well I don't war much, but I think the major concerns are that they get Commando, which makes them able to harass cities and loose units both extremely effectively, because they can move so far into a territory on the turn you declare war, and can move in and out of range of nonmounted units. This makes defending pretty hard, especially for the AI and it's ridicilous road placement. (Though by the industrial era, all tile improvements except farms benefit from roads/railroads, the AI really dislikes having an outdated road t) High withdrawal rates further increase this is, as the mounted units are more likely to survive. (Because they usually retreat a step backwards, and so don't tend to die much, and because you can use them to damage fortified units without losing them). Then you add in Great Generals, which can increase your odds immensely (A fully levelled one is.... 0-2 first strikes, +50% withdrawal, +50% strength, +healing etcet.) and the AI doesn't use these at all. All this means that in an equal war, the AI is in pretty dire straits against a human opponent.

i like the improviments, but dont like of new textures.. why my desert go brown? The sahara is brow too! I think the mojave is red/brow, but the sahara not... and i dont like the new mountains...when i move the mouse the texture glitchs, something odd about the resolution of texture.

I see the world builder and the old texture of desert now calls "dunes", i sugest a change to dont mess with the pre made scenarios.. the RFC earth scenario change all deserts terrain to a new brow/red terrain, and looks very odd, really strange. Why not call the yellow texture of desert and the new something like clay or earthen?

Thats a good question, since i myself never use mounted units. Maybe someone that does use them can inform us how they are working??

See thats why its so IMPORTANT for people to say/write what they like or dont like about the mod, it helps out alot.

I like to have a few mounted units attached to my armies. While they are great for picking off lone units, their real strength comes into play when you have surround & destroy turned on. You can run around behind an enemy to get a +20 or 30 % bonuses, attack it with your main army, and have enough movement left to pull your cavalry back into the safety of your stack afterwards. Also helps when attacking cities, since you can keep your stack together while bombing down the defenses so your healers can keep everyone near full strength, and on the turn you want to attack you can surround the city instantly with 3 or 4 mounted units to get +40-60%.

i like the improviments, but dont like of new textures.. why my desert go brown? The sahara is brow too! I think the mojave is red/brow, but the sahara not... and i dont like the new mountains...when i move the mouse the texture glitchs, something odd about the resolution of texture.

I see the world builder and the old texture of desert now calls "dunes", i sugest a change to dont mess with the pre made scenarios.. the RFC earth scenario change all deserts terrain to a new brow/red terrain, and looks very odd, really strange. Why not call the yellow texture of desert and the new something like clay or earthen?

Well I do agree with him about the mountain texture. I personally like the old one.

As for the desert, Sahara should be a bunch of Dunes, which appear like the old desert.

The desert texture is that color to distinguish it from the new "dunes" terrain. Having 2 yellow one may be to hard to distinguish them.

Well I do agree with him about the mountain texture. I personally like the old one.

As for the desert, Sahara should be a bunch of Dunes, which appear like the old desert.

The desert texture is that color to distinguish it from the new "dunes" terrain. Having 2 yellow one may be to hard to distinguish them.

How about putting this info in the Terrain Thread, thx guys. Input is always Welcome to C2C.

1 glitch.

Code:
<ImprovementInfo>
		  <Type>IMPROVEMENT_FRUIT_PICKER</Type>
		  <TechYieldChanges>
			<TechYieldChange>
				<PrereqTech>TECH_AGRICULTURE</PrereqTech>
				<TechYields>
					<iYield>1</iYield>
					<iYield>0</iYield>
					<iYield>0</iYield>
				</TechYields>
				<PrereqTech>TECH_TRADE</PrereqTech>
				<TechYields>
					<iYield>0</iYield>
					<iYield>0</iYield>
					<iYield>1</iYield>
				</TechYields>
			</TechYieldChange>
		  </TechYieldChanges>

This in CIVImprovementInfos.xml should be like this.

Code:
		  <TechYieldChanges>
			<TechYieldChange>
				<TechYields>
					<iYield>1</iYield>
					<iYield>0</iYield>
					<iYield>0</iYield>
				</TechYields>
			</TechYieldChange>
			<TechYieldChange>
				<TechYields>
					<iYield>0</iYield>
					<iYield>0</iYield>
					<iYield>1</iYield>
				</TechYields>
			</TechYieldChange>
		  </TechYieldChanges>

Currently, fruit picker doesn't get +1 :commerce: with Trade (technology) because of this.

1 glitch.

Code:
<ImprovementInfo>
		  <Type>IMPROVEMENT_FRUIT_PICKER</Type>
		  <TechYieldChanges>
			<TechYieldChange>
				<TechYields>
					<iYield>1</iYield>
					<iYield>0</iYield>
					<iYield>0</iYield>
				</TechYields>
				<TechYields>
					<iYield>0</iYield>
					<iYield>0</iYield>
					<iYield>1</iYield>
				</TechYields>
			</TechYieldChange>
		  </TechYieldChanges>

This in CIVImprovementInfos.xml should be like this.

Code:
		  <TechYieldChanges>
			<TechYieldChange>
				<TechYields>
					<iYield>1</iYield>
					<iYield>0</iYield>
					<iYield>0</iYield>
				</TechYields>
			</TechYieldChange>
			<TechYieldChange>
				<TechYields>
					<iYield>0</iYield>
					<iYield>0</iYield>
					<iYield>1</iYield>
				</TechYields>
			</TechYieldChange>
		  </TechYieldChanges>

Currently, fruit picker doesn't get +1 :commerce: with Trade (technology) because of this.

Fixed in SVN.

Weirdly, the vicinity resource requirement (Spice) of Culture (India) is ignored, and.. that (Salt) of Culture (Israeli), too. It isn't shown up in Civilopedia and I can build it with just jungle, desert respectively.
I have no idea about a reason. Others work well.

Having trouble with CTDs. What information is needed to help me solve this problem? How do i post the save i am on? any information would be greatly appreciated.

Top Bottom