Caveman 2 Cosmos

Also having a very challenging time (challenging =fun) with Rev on now,. the Fighting instability at 20 is really a dinger. Constantly having to think about stability. It's a pity the REV screen can never be "stuck" once edited

Good work !

Any sort of detail on this? I always use it and haven't experienced any weirdness.

I really enjoy having to be strategic about my building choices

The iGoldModifier costs were not set at 35% above each regular GS levels, wrong Modifiers adjusted (and too many too). Some in the wrong direction as well.

Research time out of scale (made faster in most GS cases but not all), training and build times for units as well as Bldgs not scaled properly overall for each respective GS.

You won't be losing your chance at being "strategic about my building choices". But they will be more uniform and closer to the intended 35% level the Option was designed for. I'm not removing the Option just fixing it and making it work as it was designed to do. Living up to it's Name, Upscaled Unit and Building Costs, Emphasis placed on Costs. Not faster research and overly elongated training or building Times.

JosEPh

I am playing C2C at a very simple setting, mainly to see how this mod progresses. I'm now up to 633 AD and my civilization is fully in control of the world and the remaining weaker nations.

I have developed a rather odd phenomenon relating to the Great Wall wonder. It has continued to expand to surround the civilization as it has grown in land area. However, at one point one end of the wall suddenly doubles back on itself and heads southwards only to reappear having circled the globe to meet it self at the other end.

I've attached a screenshot showing the situation on the border between me (blue) and the other civ (pink) between my cities of Auburndale and New Port Richey.

Any thoughts of what might have caused this and how it might be rectified?

Alan

Attachments

• Great Wall mystery.jpg
    Great Wall mystery.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 184
Trying going to the Word Builder and adding your culture to those three pink squares and see if that fixes things.

I tried that in World Builder. The colours for the squares turned from pink to blue and the border moved to the right. However, the Great Wall did not change - and in the next turn the squares turned pink again.

Maybe I didn't do something right in World Builder

Alan

I am playing C2C at a very simple setting, mainly to see how this mod progresses. I'm now up to 633 AD and my civilization is fully in control of the world and the remaining weaker nations.

I have developed a rather odd phenomenon relating to the Great Wall wonder. It has continued to expand to surround the civilization as it has grown in land area. However, at one point one end of the wall suddenly doubles back on itself and heads southwards only to reappear having circled the globe to meet it self at the other end.

I've attached a screenshot showing the situation on the border between me (blue) and the other civ (pink) between my cities of Auburndale and New Port Richey.

Any thoughts of what might have caused this and how it might be rectified?

Alan

You've hit an odd spot in geometric mathematics. That's all. The wall used to not grow outward as your nation did but now that it does, which was due to a necessary adaptation during the viewports modification, it's going to hit a few weird moments at times like these. You've basically got the wall circumnavigating the globe and that apparently creates an issue. One I don't have the mathematical knowledge to even attempt to resolve.

A couple of thoughts - I guess I could invade the pink civ and capture the nearest city from them. Hopefully that would change the dynamics of the two squares in question (currently 66% pink; 32% blue and 71% pink and 27% blue)

The alternative: what would happen if I accepted to pink civ as a vassal state? Would the square dynamics change under those circumstances?

Alan

I tried that in World Builder. The colours for the squares turned from pink to blue and the border moved to the right. However, the Great Wall did not change - and in the next turn the squares turned pink again.

Maybe I didn't do something right in World Builder

Okay, try WBing a fort onto those three tiles so you're exerting culture, then save and reload. It's the reload that forces the Wall's borders to update.

A couple of thoughts - I guess I could invade the pink civ and capture the nearest city from them. Hopefully that would change the dynamics of the two squares in question (currently 66% pink; 32% blue and 71% pink and 27% blue)

The alternative: what would happen if I accepted to pink civ as a vassal state? Would the square dynamics change under those circumstances?

Alan

No. But question... why is a graphic glitch all that disturbing?

I find that graphics glitches are one of the ways that easily drag me out of the immersion.

No. But question... why is a graphic glitch all that disturbing?

A graphic glitch like this is just ugly and looks totally ridiculous. It spoils the whole look of the game

I tried entering WB and adding the forts - however the game now just hangs up.

Alan

Were you using Viewports along with Graphical paging?

JosEPh

What is a "bog standard display"?

The Mods default is Graphical paging found in the BUG Options screens. Viewports is another option (same screen) that can be used/added when players begin to experience Graphical lagging and MAFs.

Koshling, our former chief C++ programmer, made both. He is also the one that made the Great Wall dynamic when he made Viewport.

Since your GW now circumnavigates the Map it has hit the map's edges. It did not hit the maps edges at the same time from opposite directions. So you get some curl back from the side that hit the map edge last.

And there is Not a thing we can do about it. We do not have the resources in personnel to "fix" this currently.

And WB is Not your answer and messing in it, as you have discovered, can cause bigger problems. If you can't stand the sight of it then start a New Game as you have already won and control your current one.

That's just the way it is.

JosEPh :)

Hello!. new to caveman to cosmos, not new at all to civ or civ4.

i have a problem, I've experienced it repeatedly in multiple new games and it is always game-breaking.

what is happening is that my cities will receive the effects of buildings i have not built in them. it's pretty severe sometimes. the last game was 44 extra gold in maintenance in one city. I would have had to delete my entire military and reduce science to 15% to have continued playing. this was in the ancient era. this was not an advanced start game. i had played from the prehistoric era.

the buildings effects are showing up under the effects boxes when I mouse over them (anger, maintenance, ECT).

also, i can't simply sell the buildings. they do not show up as constructed in the buildings list and are still available to be built in the build menu.

I've tried to remove them by adding them with the world builder and then removing them, but the effects are not removed.

i've been unable to get past the ancient era, it shows up just as commonly in the prehorsehockyoric era as well.

I've tried updating the mod, and completely reinstalling the mod.

civ4 complete (disk edition) manually updated.

any ideas?

Hello!. new to caveman to cosmos, not new at all to civ or civ4.

i have a problem, I've experienced it repeatedly in multiple new games and it is always game-breaking.

what is happening is that my cities will receive the effects of buildings i have not built in them. it's pretty severe sometimes. the last game was 44 extra gold in maintenance in one city. I would have had to delete my entire military and reduce science to 15% to have continued playing. this was in the ancient era. this was not an advanced start game. i had played from the prehistoric era.

the buildings effects are showing up under the effects boxes when I mouse over them (anger, maintenance, ECT).

also, i can't simply sell the buildings. they do not show up as constructed in the buildings list and are still available to be built in the build menu.

I've tried to remove them by adding them with the world builder and then removing them, but the effects are not removed.

i've been unable to get past the ancient era, it shows up just as commonly in the prehorsehockyoric era as well.

I've tried updating the mod, and completely reinstalling the mod.

civ4 complete (disk edition) manually updated.

any ideas?

I answered this on another thread. In C2C there are a lot of buildings that are automatically built so that you get to see the full effect of your decisions.

For example if your crime rate goes to high then Crime buildings will get built. The only way to get rid of crime is via crime reducing buildings and crime fighting units.

Look at the Properties tab in the city screen on the right hand side next to Resources.

I answered this on another thread. In C2C there are a lot of buildings that are automatically built so that you get to see the full effect of your decisions.

For example if your crime rate goes to high then Crime buildings will get built. The only way to get rid of crime is via crime reducing buildings and crime fighting units.

Look at the Properties tab in the city screen on the right hand side next to Resources.

Yep you can't just play without watching the properties, especially crime. I used to be able to ignore them for the most part, but no more. They are usually very easy to correct though. In my latest game both disease and crime are well into the minus range in my cities so I see none of the special buildings, or if I do get them, not for long. If you get crime and disease down in your cities those buildings will go away one by one.

A few days ago I posted an odd mystery which arose with the Great Wall after I had captured ground from an enemy civ. At one point in the boundary between the two civs the wall bent back on itself and circumnavigated the globe north to south before reaching its other end just two squares away.

In spite of several manipulations I was unable to make the error go away and after using WB the game became unstable.

I am using this game as a 'sandbox' basically to see what happens in the later stages - therefore to start again is NOT an option.

So, I backtracked to a game about 200 years just before the error arose. It happened when there were several isolated captured cities and a very convoluted wall around the edge of my boundary. I was very careful this time to claim the land - but now I have another very different anomaly. The Great Wall has shrunk to enclose just a few squares inside my own territory (screen shot attached). I'm just wonderoing what would happen if I just but another city either inside this area or on the coast near to it.

Any thoughts about what is happening here?

Alan

Attachments

• Great wall anomaly.jpg
    Great wall anomaly.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 244
Just a couple of wooden forts would do it, one where your unit is standing and the other diagonally away from it.

Top Bottom