Caveman 2 Cosmos

1) The recalc trigger is mysterious and has always been a little wonky. I'll have to identify where that code is and how it works someday.

I was not aware some were attributing it to the animal split though.

I am on and off playing an old game, but am now using SVN 9265. I do not get this problem.

Not sure if this helps, but I once moved a saved game from one computer to another (both using SVN9230). Once I did that I started getting the recalc pop-up every single time I loaded the game. Even after moving it back to the original computer; and even after saving the game to a new file (as opposed to overwriting the existing one).

With SVN 9265 (all played on the same computer) I see it occasionally on reload, but not every time.

Another thing. The civ I was fighting built about forty rogues, thieves and other criminal types in each city. They infiltrated all my cities despite everything I could do. Now I've taken that other civ out and they are still there. How do I get rid of them?

Another thing. The civ I was fighting built about forty rogues, thieves and other criminal types in each city. They infiltrated all my cities despite everything I could do. Now I've taken that other civ out and they are still there. How do I get rid of them?

Here is some information on these matters. A few posts down gets into how to address criminals locally.

I believe TB will say, lots of enforcers/law enforcement units . . . .

When I start on prehistoric I can't get access to these promotions. They are available if I start on Ancient.

Ground Weather Reports
Trench
Raider
Naval Weather Forecasts

Also other violet-coloured promotions that comes later in the game seems to be unavailable when starting on Prehistoric.

Tested on Build 9247 (30 May), as the in-game info says, however that's not correct as I've installed lots of updated SVN's after that date. I believe it's 9265 as it was installed 18 July. Ashurbanipal, Rev on, Size Matters, Start as Minor.

Next game will be on Deity, Size Matters and Rev on. Guess I'll be starting on Ancient.

Keep up the good work fellas!

When I start on prehistoric I can't get access to these promotions. They are available if I start on Ancient.

Ground Weather Reports
Trench
Raider
Naval Weather Forecasts

Also other violet-coloured promotions that comes later in the game seems to be unavailable when starting on Prehistoric.

Tested on Build 9247 (30 May), as the in-game info says, however that's not correct as I've installed lots of updated SVN's after that date. I believe it's 9265 as it was installed 18 July. Ashurbanipal, Rev on, Size Matters, Start as Minor.

Next game will be on Deity, Size Matters and Rev on. Guess I'll be starting on Ancient.

Keep up the good work fellas!

You are Not supposed to get those Promotions with the Recommended Prehistoric Era start. In fact you're not supposed to get those promotions till much later than Ancient Era. As those Promotions are supposed to become available When you reach the Industrial Era.

And the Pedia Upkeep is lagging and will probably be that way for awhile.

JosEPh

Speaking of criminals in cities: Enforcers go obsolete and can not be trained before Town Watchmen are trainable.
I imagine that is not by design?
Either way it is annoying. Once a type of unit is trainable one should be able to train that kind of unit, either the lower variant still or a newer variant. Should not just suddenly be impossible to train them.
It boils down to the Sentry Post going obsolete on Monarchy and needing Dualism for Town Watch and Town Watchmen.
Dualism is not needed for Monarchy

Cheers

@ BlueGenie,

Ask T-brd. He made techtree changes (moved techs) for his new Criminal and Enforcement lines when he added them to the mod. Maybe he missed this?

JosEPh

Speaking of criminals in cities: Enforcers go obsolete and can not be trained before Town Watchmen are trainable.
I imagine that is not by design?
Either way it is annoying. Once a type of unit is trainable one should be able to train that kind of unit, either the lower variant still or a newer variant. Should not just suddenly be impossible to train them.
It boils down to the Sentry Post going obsolete on Monarchy and needing Dualism for Town Watch and Town Watchmen.
Dualism is not needed for Monarchy

Cheers
This has been reported and is a bug to be fixed on the bug resolution queue. You state the issue eloquently.

Hello,

You are doing really amazing job on this mod.

Soon it will be a year since the current version.

Is the approximate ETA for the next version?

How long is a Tornado supposed to stay at a plot? (its the first time I have this event in all my games and I'm not even sure it should be active with disabled storms)
If I go according to the reasoning for no revolution from changing civics a tornado shouldn't be active any longer then 1 turn.

How long is a Tornado supposed to stay at a plot? (its the first time I have this event in all my games and I'm not even sure it should be active with disabled storms)
If I go according to the reasoning for no revolution from changing civics a tornado shouldn't be active any longer then 1 turn.

Can't go by that reasoning. It's a random event. Should not last more than a few turns.

JosEPh

Can't go by that reasoning. It's a random event. Should not last more than a few turns.

JosEPh

I removed it, the graphic, because sometimes the graphic does not go away. Someone must have put it back. Just send a worker in and improve the plot. It looks like it is there but it isn't really. It is supposed to last 1 turn only at all game speeds.

edit while it is there units can't move onto the plot.

I removed it, the graphic, because sometimes the graphic does not go away. Someone must have put it back. Just send a worker in and improve the plot. It looks like it is there but it isn't really. It is supposed to last 1 turn only at all game speeds.

edit while it is there units can't move onto the plot.
Yes had to use the editor to remove it after over 20 turns

It appears the link to the current Civics spreadsheet does not work. Google is telling me "The spreadsheet at this URL could not be found. Make sure that you have the right URL and that the owner of the spreadsheet hasn't deleted it."

Can you fix the link?

You will need to PM StrategyOnly.

JosEPh

Quick question - can I run Caveman2Cosmos, how well and with what settings?

My laptop's specs - CPU Intel i7 3610QM @2.3GHz; GPU nVidia GT650M 2gb vram; 6GB RAM; 1TB HDD

(Apologies if this is the wrong thread)

Yes you should be able to.

Your initial load will take some time to load up. So have patience even when it looks like it has disappeared after you have selected Caveman2Cosmos from the Mod list in BtS.

You should Not try to set up the Mod with a Big sized map(Huge or Giant) nor more than 8 or 9 AI for your Initial go. Same for Victory conditions, Mastery is Not recommended for 1st time play. Simple set like Domination, Research, and/or Cutlure or Religious.

Do not start the game with Revolutions, Barb Civ, or Start as Minors turn On. Keep your Game set up Options small on the 1st go.

Your processor@2.3Ghz is your only limiting factor. Even though it is an i7 3rd or 4th gen cpu, Caveman2Cosmos (C2C for short) has only a single thread 32 bit game engine.

I would also suggest your initial game speed setting be on Epic (2,000 turns) or Marathon (3,000 turns).

This should get your feet wet for this mod.

And Welcome to C2C! :)

JosEPh

Top Bottom