Caveman 2 Cosmos

I've done something wrong but I don't know what. Had to download again because I bought a new computer. Placed it in the mods folder for BTS. Doesn't show u[ when I go to load a mod.

Last edited:
I've done something wrong but I don't know. what. Had to download again because I bought a new computer. Placed it in the mods folder for BTS. Doesn't show u[ when I go to load a mod.
Sometimes base civ folder has name of Civilization IV Beyond The Sword
So move mod out of there, and search for folder, that has BTS exe located.
In that Mods folder put Caveman2Cosmos

Won't load. Got it in the right place. Cashes in the init XML phase. Other mods load.
Seems like your download is corrupted, get latest winzip or winrar, and try to extract fresh, delete old version of mod though.
If still doesn't work, then redownload latest version.

Figured it out. Installed without the latest SVN.
Just in case: Never overwrite old version of mod with new one - you must delete old version first.
Otherwise you will get useless extra files, that will break game

@Toffer90 - I just updated to SVN-11347 and my Production jumped out to 33 Hammers per turn (I have only a 1 pop city ) yet I can only count 11 hammers through all sources. Is that WAD ? (Game speed- EONS).

@Toffer90 - I just updated to SVN-11347 and my Production jumped out to 33 Hammers per turn (I have only a 1 pop city ) yet I can only count 11 hammers through all sources. Is that WAD ? (Game speed- EONS).
Upload save

Did you open the city screen and mouse-over the production at the top?
It should explain where exactly it's getting the "surprise" hammers.
(You have only one city, so ALL hammers must come from it exclusively.)

upload_2021-7-2_20-35-26.png

Hmm, I'm getting memory allocation failure if I do the recalc on your save, worrying.

Which SVN rev did you start the game at?
Prehistoric era, map size is WAY past mod limit.
Spoiler :

Civ4BeyondSword 2021-07-02 20-58-42-81.png

55296 tiles
Normal Gigantic map has 13000 tiles. Pit map is 26000 tiles or so.

He messed up with mod, as normally C2C_Islands doesn't make such big maps.
It should be 144x96

Last edited:
Ah, I thought perhaps there was a recently introduced memory leak in the recalc code; at that map size it's no wonder recalc fails.
I could try activating viewport before attempting recalc again.

Save attached.
Do cleanup - mod can't really support more than 15k tiles in medium term gameplay.
Unless you want to use viewports - like covering entire height or width of map showing max 8k - 10k tiles

Turn times will be in tens of minutes anyway.

Top Bottom