Caveman 2 Cosmos

How did you reach the Deity Level??? I like VERY LONG Games where i go completely through the TECH TREE and EXPLORE SPACE. I have NEVER been SUCCESSFUL on a GAME Higher than WARLORD...
Start playing on Monarch, then jump up to Emperor, next Immortal and when you can win you are ready for Deity. OR Play Diety but keep your Game set up Options simple/ Basic. Don't be afraid or frustrated if you lose. Just start a new game and try not to repeat the mistakes of the previous game. It will come but it will take sometime and some failures too. ;) Been there and done that over the past 18+ years. :D

Start playing on Monarch, then jump up to Emperor, next Immortal and when you can win you are ready for Deity. OR Play Diety but keep your Game set up Options simple/ Basic. Don't be afraid or frustrated if you lose. Just start a new game and try not to repeat the mistakes of the previous game. It will come but it will take sometime and some failures too. ;) Been there and done that over the past 18+ years. :D
Just one suggestion: Never spend more than a single gameplay day on a game you're seemingly LOSING - just start another one instead, and avoid your mistakes of the past.

, IL
Ho-ho-ho?!
What amount of RAM, SSD, and Intel or AMD Chip would be needed for C2C Version 44??? Help me to build an Ideal Custom Built Rockford Bisconti Machine or a Dell, Alienware, or BETTER, PLEASE!!! https://www.pcgamer.com/best-gaming-pc/ I DEFINITELY DON'T HAVE RUNAWAY GOLD IN THIS GAME, IT MAKES IT MUCH MORE CHALLENGING AND FUN!! THANKS TO THE MOD TEAM!!! I think I have different goals than MOST of the C2C players!! My GOAL is to completely accomplish the entire TECH Tree and EXPLORE ALL of SPACE and then maybe retire when there is nothing left to discover. It seems as though other players tend to want to just win a game quickly.

System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 1/13/2024, 09:19:10
Machine name: DESKTOP-7O2SMFV
Machine Id: {EB65B4E9-7C67-46A6-A16D-AFC0B9151722}
Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 19045) (19041.vb_release.191206-1406)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model: Z390 GAMING X
BIOS: F6 (type: UEFI)
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.6GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 16318MB RAM
Page File: 24411MB used, 9255MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 12
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
Miracast: Available, with HDCP
Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported
DirectX Database Version: 1.0.8
DxDiag Version: 10.00.19041.3636 64bit

Attachments

• OskMayDay October 12, AD-1786.CivBeyondSwordSave
    8.7 MB · Views: 7
Once you have enough RAM which for Civ 4 would be 8GB but since you'll probably be using Windows 10 or 11, I'd suggest 16GB for better system operation, the only thing that matters for Civ 4 performance is to have the fastest single core CPU. You can look into either AMD 7800X3D CPU which is specifically made for games, or Intel's current best offering (14th gen), higher Ghz are better, and you don't necessarily need an i9 with 20 cores, an overclocked i5 with the -K suffix can be just as fast in single core performance. RAM speeds and timings have an impact on CPU speed as well and it's best to look up which is the best RAM timings and speed for each CPU model.

Any m.2 PCIExpress SSD will provide enough speed to feed the rest of the components, I'd stick to PCIExpress 3, cheaper and more reliable and less hot.

I'd use something like this for C2C only: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/NC9bcH. You can replace the Graphics card with a cheaper option that has just 4GB of Video Memory, and maybe look for a cheaper PSU that is still 80 Plus Gold rating. When you buy a new PC it's best to ask a lot of questions to a lot of people and so your own reseach too, I picked an AMD system but many people would pick an Intel one.

Once you have enough RAM which for Civ 4 would be 8GB but since you'll probably be using Windows 10 or 11, I'd suggest 16GB for better system operation, the only thing that matters for Civ 4 performance is to have the fastest single core CPU. You can look into either AMD 7800X3D CPU which is specifically made for games, or Intel's current best offering (14th gen), higher Ghz are better, and you don't necessarily need an i9 with 20 cores, an overclocked i5 with the -K suffix can be just as fast in single core performance. RAM speeds and timings have an impact on CPU speed as well and it's best to look up which is the best RAM timings and speed for each CPU model.

Any m.2 PCIExpress SSD will provide enough speed to feed the rest of the components, I'd stick to PCIExpress 3, cheaper and more reliable and less hot.

I'd use something like this for C2C only: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/NC9bcH. You can replace the Graphics card with a cheaper option that has just 4GB of Video Memory, and maybe look for a cheaper PSU that is still 80 Plus Gold rating. When you buy a new PC it's best to ask a lot of questions to a lot of people and so your own reseach too, I picked an AMD system but many people would pick an Intel one.
Thank You so much, Maltazard!!! I am not Tech-Wise and I am really into extremely large maps and Mastery Games that don't end until I have discovered everything!!!

When you buy a new PC it's best to ask a lot of questions to a lot of people and so your own reseach

I PLAN on UPGRADING MY ROCKFORD BISCONTI CUSTOM BUILT RIG WHICH I BOUGHT IN 2018.... I think I should double the RAM and SSD Drive and Get the Fastest Intel or AMD CPU and Fastest Graphics card I can afford!!! I should also consider buying a LAPTOP for C2C, but this purchase would be made when I am a nursing home and no longer able to use my Custom Built Desktop!!! I really like to BUY LOCAL!!!

KUDOs to the Team/Toffer/etc. for the speed ups in loading the mod. Much faster now.
Question: the astrology stuff was reactivated, has it been made a Game Setup Option yet?

No, didn't know there was a demand for this? Would be easy to make it a BUG option.
That would be nice. I don't particularly care for this as a fixed must use part of the mod. Flexibility is the key for me.

In my previous Space Mod Mastery Games, I have been able to set the Science Slider to 100% and still have lots of Money left to rush buy Buildings, Wonders, and Units when needed...Having Available Money to do things is an Added Challenge that I am finding to be very exciting!!! I still hope in my Current game I can discover the Entire Tech Tree and Explore the Entire Universe, but I love this Mod more than ever!!! Has anyone thought about planting Barbarian Cities in Space to give my Empire's Space Force Someone to FIGHT with???

Attachments

• OskMayDay August 30, AD-1808.CivBeyondSwordSave
    8.5 MB · Views: 9
In my previous Space Mod Mastery Games, I have been able to set the Science Slider to 100% and still have lots of Money left to rush buy Buildings, Wonders, and Units when needed...Having Available Money to do things is an Added Challenge that I am finding to be very exciting!!! I still hope in my Current game I can discover the Entire Tech Tree and Explore the Entire Universe, but I love this Mod more than ever!!! Has anyone thought about planting Barbarian Cities in Space to give my Empire's Space Force Someone to FIGHT with???
Yes, once we have Multimaps which we realize is impossible to project for sure.

That would be nice. I don't particularly care for this as a fixed must use part of the mod. Flexibility is the key for me.
I'll just say that perhaps it would be acceptable to then be able to option out both kinds with the same option if we're going to go that far.

I'll just say that perhaps it would be acceptable to then be able to option out both kinds with the same option if we're going to go that far.
I'm confused. Both kinds? Care to elucidate?

I'm confused. Both kinds? Care to elucidate?
There are the promotions that get randomly assigned to new units on occasion out of the blue as a random bonus, representing that this particular unit believes its been 'blessed' under the influence of a particular sign, perhaps because of when they were trained, and then there are the trait generated ones that stem from the group wonder selection that represents what the society believes about what influence its entire culture is operating under. The trait generated ones are based on a belief in the specific planetary influence that is attached to the sign that was chosen as a group wonder build (every player can construct one but others can be captured), and those buildings mostly open up at the Astrology tech in the ancient tree.

Spoiler For some interesting history :

The first recorded division of the astrology wheel was ascribed by the Sumerians to the division of the heavens as evaluated and defined by their god, Enlil. Enlil was represented as the Bull of Heaven due to the timing in which he divided the sky and took authority here, during the age of Taurus.

Enlil is also the god that was said to be directly working with us and living among us in the city of Ur in Sumeria, where, in the Bible it was said that the high priest Abraham made a covenant with Jahweh in the city of Ur, of the land of Shi'nar (Sumeria).

AKA, the god of the bible IS Enlil, whom was known as the 'Lord God', whom was ALSO said to have no gods before him (in importance and power and influence - the God of Gods on Earth.)

So it's quite interesting that between the Bible and Sumerian writings, it was God, who defined the Astrology chart.

When you look at the Astrology wheel the Sumerians had, it's quite clear that it was just a few evolutions and slight changes that led to the same one we originally believed was the 'source' of Astrology in Greece. We have had the timing of the 'invention' in the wrong era for a long time as a result of this outdated idea that the Greeks created it (though what we learn today is their version anyhow.)

When God, in the Bible, declares it against the rules to continue its use as a prediction tool, he clearly does so during the reign of the Babylonians a few thousand years later. By that time He was no longer 'among us in the flesh' and he had just punished us for the tower of Babel (which archaeologists found recently by the way, which is really very interesting), and from other writings sounds as if he was getting upset with all the soothsaying and seers improperly guiding people, false prophecy and scams basically.

There are the promotions that get randomly assigned to new units on occasion out of the blue as a random bonus, representing that this particular unit believes its been 'blessed' under the influence of a particular sign, perhaps because of when they were trained, and then there are the trait generated ones that stem from the group wonder selection that represents what the society believes about what influence its entire culture is operating under. The trait generated ones are based on a belief in the specific planetary influence that is attached to the sign that was chosen as a group wonder build (every player can construct one but others can be captured), and those buildings mostly open up at the Astrology tech in the ancient tree.
Astrology group wonders are completely separate thing :)

That is there are two astrology-themed mechanics here - one older that Toffer made optional in BUG settings, and your newer with era group wonders (Astrology, caves, etc).

Astrology group wonders are completely separate thing :)

That is there are two astrology-themed mechanics here - one older that Toffer made optional in BUG settings, and your newer with era group wonders (Astrology, caves, etc).
And my point was that as we option one, the other should be optioned out by the same option decision since Joseph had asked a bit back if we'd be willing to take this set of group wonders an option as well.

And my point was that as we option one, the other should be optioned out by the same option decision since Joseph had asked a bit back if we'd be willing to take this set of group wonders an option as well.
Correct. Thanks for the clarification.

Greetings everyone.First things first,I am not very good in grammar,and English is not my native language(I am Ukrainian),so,my "dear" grammarNazis,I advice you to have some "erotic journey"😉. I have TONS of questions about this mod,which looks AMAZING! I will begin from most important ones.

1.Performance.
I'm using laptop with n3710 processor(2.6 ghz).,integrated video card(512 mb,but i am not 100% sure,in past I thought it was 1gb.) 4gb RAM.His name is Pygyk,I love him,and don't even DARE to say something bad aout him!!!😠 I want to play with Gigantic/Ethernal/40 civs settings.Is it an "suicide mission"?I don't want my buzzing friend to DIE!🥺 What would you suggest me in terms of settings?Priority N1 is map size,N2-number of civs.

2.AI.
I played civ 5 and 3,Endless Space,GalCiv 1 and 2.And I think I am quite good(not THE BOSS,like 90-99% of people on this forum THINK they are😒) in 4x games.I plan to play on Noble(not because I want an easy game,but because I HATE to give AI production/tech/happiness etc.bonuses), with Aggressive/Ruthless AI, WITHOUT victory conditions,without agressive wars with them(with ONE exception).What can I expect,especially in Modern/Future eras?Could at least SOME of them be on par with me?Or when I will have tanks,ALL OF THEM will have knights?Does vanilla(BtS i mean) civ 4 has better AI?

All answers(without showing off,because I am not interesting in that crap AT ALL🤢🤮,and none of your body parts would not getting bigger because of telling me how "great" you are in this game) will be MUCH appreciated!!!

This mod is much slower than vanilla or lightly modded Civ IV
So you should try smaller maps on Blitz or Normal speed.

Also AI is kinda dumb due to high complexity of game, so you need to play level or two higher here.

Top Bottom