Caveman 2 Cosmos

Aceptar? What language are you running the game in? I believe this mod is ONLY english compatible. Could that be the problem? I don't think any of us have ever seen this particular problem before. If you were a modder, I'd ask you to use the debugger dll to see if there was anything you could figure out about where the program is having trouble. Runtime errors are often caused in the dll but in your case, we've all been playing the mod without this problem so I can't undersand what could be causing it to go buggy on you alone... Again... perhaps the language setting might be causing trouble.

Ok, thought about it more, and realized it COULD be an incompatible dll? I'm not sure, but try this:

DLL UPDATE
This is a more in-depth adjustment of the ai build priorities. Finally, no more culture building out the gate, no more cities getting stuck building nothing, just a whole lot of lethal. Civs should be a bit harder to keep up with now.

Edit: Implementing: You can place all four of these in your assets file if you like. Go in and rename the cvgamecore.dll that's already IN the assets folder to 'cvgamecore.dll.backup' or somesuch. Then take cvgamecore.dll.v9 and rename it to cvgamecore.dll

Any confusion here?

Anyhow, here's the download!

Ok, thought about it more, and realized it COULD be an incompatible dll? I'm not sure, but try this:

DLL UPDATE
This is a more in-depth adjustment of the ai build priorities. Finally, no more culture building out the gate, no more cities getting stuck building nothing, just a whole lot of lethal. Civs should be a bit harder to keep up with now.

Implementing: You can place all four of these in your assets file if you like. You'll need to rename the one that applies to your current build (this is savegame compatible provided you are using either straight v9 or earlier or v10 or later.) When you rename the appropriate file, just remove the '.' and everything after it AFTER .dll (don't use the debugger files unless you want a very slooooow game where you need to hope out of the game every so often to close out an error window)

In otherwords, most of you will take cvgamecore.dll.v10 and rename it to cvgamecore.dll

This means you should probably first go in and rename the cvgamecore.dll that's already IN the assets folder to 'cvgamecore.dll.backup' or somesuch.

Any confusion here?

Anyhow, here's the download!

OK i have Beta 10.1 and the NEW dll, crashes the game right away:crazyeye: as soon as it is supposed to start, poof CTD.

EDIT: OK i tried v10 and it CTD as i mentioned above, in my Beta10.1.
But then i tried v9 and it worked?:crazyeye: Then i tried a NEW game and this one CTD, also?

EDIT EDIT: OK this is weird:crazyeye:, so i went through both again, v10 definitely CTD's, but this time v9 started even when i tried a NEW game:confused:

OK i have Beta 10.1 and the NEW dll, crashes the game right away:crazyeye: as soon as it is supposed to start, poof CTD.

EDIT: OK i tried v10 and it CTD as i mentioned above, in my Beta10.1.
But then i tried v9 and it worked?:crazyeye: Then i tried a NEW game and this one CTD, also?

EDIT EDIT: OK this is weird:crazyeye:, so i went through both again, v10 definitely CTD's, but this time v9 started even when i tried a NEW game:confused:

Ok, then you haven't used the NO_ASTROPEDIA option in v10... I was under the impression you had.

This then means that v9 applies to everyone.

Ok, then you haven't used the NO_ASTROPEDIA option in v10... I was under the impression you had.

This then means that v9 applies to everyone.

Your correct, i haven't gotten the OK to use NO_ASTROPEDIA from Civ_F yet?

If i put in his changes, which i dont remember at this point i have yet, will v10, then work?

Also, the AI is thinking the way it used to, its built four cities to my one, and the AI is also ALL over the place again, like it used to be, YEAH:goodjob: and its 10 techs ahead of me again:(:p

No more lagging around, must keep up my guard now, thank goodness.;)

Yeah, it'll be a different game from here on. Soon as I implemented it in my own game, the first thing most ai cities did was build mathematics, libraries, universities, stargazers huts etc in all its cities - this is going to make a very big difference!

And to answer your question, yes, v10 is identical to v9 with the one exception that v10 comes with the NO_ASTROPEDIA option and expects that option to be in the xml gameoption file (thus the crash on loading) as well as makes the whole thing not save compatable.

Looks like I'll be continuing to work on developing the ai builds a bit though, since Hydro pointed out the AI still won't build National Wonders. I suppose they'd be a bit tricky from a programming point of view. I'll have to look more closely at the way the programming is written regarding the Wonder matters.

I just wanted to mention that my problem (ctd during initialization/map generation) disappeared as soon as I turned the 3GB switch on. So it probably was just some (very early) memory problem.

I just wanted to mention that my problem (ctd during initialization/map generation) disappeared as soon as I turned the 3GB switch on. So it probably was just some (very early) memory problem.

Just downloaded version 10.1 BETA and installed it; whenever I try to start a Custom Game or Custom Scenario, I get CTD when initializing graphics, with a MAF error message displayed sometimes (other it simply CTD). If a try a pre-made scenario, it loads with no problem at all.

I'm running this on a Phenom II X4 955, 4 GB RAM, GeForce 260 GTX with up to date drivers, 32-bit Win XP SP3 up-to-date, and the 3GB Switch ON.

I could run other previous versions of ROM, AND and even C2C without suffering similar problems; any ideas or clues about what could be happening?

Just downloaded version 10.1 BETA and installed it; whenever I try to start a Custom Game or Custom Scenario, I get CTD when initializing graphics, with a MAF error message displayed sometimes (other it simply CTD). If a try a pre-made scenario, it loads with no problem at all.

I'm running this on a Phenom II X4 955, 4 GB RAM, GeForce 260 GTX with up to date drivers, 32-bit Win XP SP3 up-to-date, and the 3GB Switch ON.

I could run other previous versions of ROM, AND and even C2C without suffering similar problems; any ideas or clues about what could be happening?

Go to the 1st posted thread and look for the UPDATES, they need to be in 10.1 to run effectively.

And Welcome to the-f, soltari666, angelitocarc and marcgarc to CFC.

I'm not totally newbie at C2C, have been moving around for some months, downloading and playing older versions, but I don't participate too much here, in the forum.
Trying the UPDATES you've pointed out, I'll post the results. I had got first of them, related to the XML, but was missing the second, related to DLL's.

EDIT: No luck at all, I've applied the v9 DLL from the update, and still CTD when initializing custom games. :confused:

I'm not totally newbie at C2C, have been moving around for some months, downloading and playing older versions, but I don't participate too much here, in the forum.
Trying the UPDATES you've pointed out, I'll post the results. I had got first of them, related to the XML, but was missing the second, related to DLL's.

EDIT: No luck at all, I've applied the v9 DLL from the update, and still CTD when initializing custom games. :confused:

Did you do as the instructions said, you need to rename it to CvGameCoreDLL.dll and delete the rest of it.

Yes, renamed as the original DLL and no need to delete the other files in archive, because I even didn't extract them.

Yes, renamed as the original DLL and no need to delete the other files in archive, because I even didn't extract them.

No no, you need to extract ALL the dll's and just replace the one marked with v9 INPLACE OF the other dll. So in essence i am saying rename v9 and delete the CURRENT dll and place the v9 one in that place where you deleted the OLD dll, i hope you understand this?

Ok, all four DLL's extracted into
...\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos\Assets

The new DLL's, just extracted from archive, are
CvGameCoreDLL.dll.v9
CvGameCoreDLL.dll.debug.v9
CvGameCoreDLL.dll.v10
CvGameCoreDLL.dll.debug.v10

Deleted the original DLL CvGameCoreDLL.dll in the folder.
Renamed CvGameCoreDLL.dll.v9 as CvGameCoreDLL.dll
The other three DLL's remain unchanged.

Are these steps OK? If they are, no result. Still CTD initializing custom games, sorry.

WOW!!! 12 MB of .dll! Mama mia that's a lotta dll!

;)

Since my current game is going so well for me, maybe I should use this on the Next game. :D

JosEPh

Edit: From SO's screenie I see he's still doing "baseball" portrait maps! :lol:

@Joe: The new dll IS savegame compatible.

@marcgarc: try the v10 then. You may have updated yourself into the NO_ASTROPEDIA option.

I dont see how he could have, since Civ_F hasn't released it anyone yet, as far as i know, i might be wrong?

If your crashing right away only thing i can think of is you renamed the mod, put it in the wrong folder (should be mods folder under BtS) or put it in the My Documents area, which are both a no no.

Ok, all four DLL's extracted into
...\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos\Assets

All folder and naming stuff seems OK to me.

The \Firaxis Games\... hangs at C:\Program Files, so no My Documents involvement here either.

Top Bottom