Caveman 2 Cosmos

Dancing:
So the problem regarding Beacons not working the way you want is that the terrain feature (e.g. Reefs & Coral) can not have their modifiers (e.g. damage or terrain cost) adjusted, correct?

Now I haven't advanced far enough to see terraforming in the game, but I have read some indirect mentioning about it. Why not have the Beacon perform a primitive version of terraforming by having the Reef/Coral tile feature changed into a new tile feature (e.g. ReefwB or CoralwB). Then the new tile feature would have the characteristics that you want.

Unless it's more hassle than its worth to create a new tile feature?

Yes that is doable, but beacons upgrade to lighthouses...

Hey strategyonly I only want to be like in rise of mankind mod-more soldiers in unit, plz help. At least you do that mod so you shall know how to make this:)

Yes that is doable, but beacons upgrade to lighthouses...

Right, so then just repeat the process. Sounds like 4 new terrain features (ReefwB, ReefwLH, CoralwB & CoralwLH). I haven't looked up what a lighthouse actually does, but I'd guess that it just bumps up the food/coins you may not even have to terraform the terrain feature a 2nd time (for the lighthouses). Then again, you may have to depending on how the graphics interact (e.g. If you want to keep to one terraform then the light house graphic would either have to overlay/write the beacon or it would have to be in addition to).

An associated issue would be if you use the terraform function, would an enemy be able to plunder the new terrain feature (e.g. ReefwB) and reverse terraform it back to the original feature (Reef or coral)? Personally, I don't think it a 'big' loss if plunder was not an option (I mean the potential plunderer is making use of the damage avoidance feature and is going to take damage to his ship(s) if he does plunder so its probably rarely, if ever, worth it), but you might want to make mention of it in the pedia if that turns out to be the case.

Again if it is big hassle, just skip it. I'm just trying to help with ideas to get you to what you wanted.

Hello,

I upgraded my system to the tune of 4 GB RAM to 16 GB RAM and I purchased the Asus GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1 GB. Solved the mysterious CTD... :D

Now I have a little gameplay issue. Volcanoes. More specifically a volcano spawning on a city plot. The city doesn't get destroyed, its still there with the volcano plopped on top. It does however wipe out the surrounding plots and my units garrisoned in the city. It seems weird. Either prevent volcanoes from spawning on city plots or destroy the city altogether and spawn a settler unit (refugees).

Never got an answer from you guys so I rolled up my sleeves and fixed it myself. Simply delete the bits of xml code in C:\<.path.>\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos\Assets\XML\Events\CIV4EventTriggerInfos.xml and C:\<.Path.>\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos\Assets\Modules\ori\Events\ori_CIV4EventTriggerInfos.xml that refer to volcano events and you shut them down like the FBI. I kept getting a new volcano spawning on the same spot (a city plot, my 2nd largest) load after load even though the random seed was set to change after each reload. Seems like a sucky solution, but nothing was working by tweaking the trigger conditions, so yeah, to hell with the volcanoes. I kept the rest of the events because I am a fan of the concept...

Unfortunely this didnt work:( PLZ strategyonly maybe you try to make some or somebody else plz help. This mod with formations and regiments like in rise of mankind mod will be the best mod ever:)

@pawel0482 . Welcome to C2C!
Sometimes it takes some working out to solve these problems, so please give the community some time to respond; Many of us are busy playtesting, and modding. The ModTeam can be even more busy as they work out new features, and improve older ones. If you keep bringing your questions and ideas up every so often, they will get noticed, and responded to, as people are able. Feel free to participate.

Please keep doing your part to keep those ideas alive, and do what you can to see them worked in. I'm just starting to learn to mod C2C, and am always willing to help with the limited knowledge and time I have to offer. I recommend you look for people, like yourself, to partner up with here in the forums, and team up to learn. I am willing to help if I can, I just don't have much experience with tinkering with C2C yet.

Love the formations and regiments also!
Hope all the best remaining parts of ROM and all the new things from AND will be merged into C2C.

Never got an answer from you guys so I rolled up my sleeves and fixed it myself. Simply delete the bits of xml code in C:\<.path.>\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos\Assets\XML\Events\CIV4EventTriggerInfos.xml and C:\<.Path.>\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos\Assets\Modules\ori\Events\ori_CIV4EventTriggerInfos.xml that refer to volcano events and you shut them down like the FBI. I kept getting a new volcano spawning on the same spot (a city plot, my 2nd largest) load after load even though the random seed was set to change after each reload. Seems like a sucky solution, but nothing was working by tweaking the trigger conditions, so yeah, to hell with the volcanoes. I kept the rest of the events because I am a fan of the concept...

Give them some time please. With a new version out, people are spending much of their time playing, and the ModTeam is especially focused on bug-squashing, balancing, working out new features, and integrating them. (it's a huge game) I'm sure volcano's will be eventually balanced out (I'd rather have them in and working well.). Like with gold balancing, with every new tweak or major addition, this time the advanced civics, things have to be adjusted/re-adjusted at many levels and it takes time. The ModTeam does make time when they can to listen and has shown that they want everybody's participation.
Feel free to team up with each other and work out solutions, this is how we all get started. Fixing the things we want to see, and participating in their solution/integration. If you participate enough, you will be considered to become part of the team. I'm glad to help with what I can. Sometimes it's not easy to know how to respond.
Volcano's can always be turned into an option, but I think they will be worked out in time. At first it was too little, now too much. Much of C2C is a balancing game.
Just stick around and with some patience, effort, and help things do get fixed. It is just figuring out priorities, and making enough time.
The more people who help, the faster things get improved.

@Everyone, especially New people, players and modders!
I recommend that all of the new people here reach out to each other and Partner / Team Up. Some of that will take a little time.
Working together, whether with ideas or with modding, gets more done than we can do by ourselves.
It's all an ongoing work-in-progress, let's make it the best we can, together!
Add your voice to make C2C the best Civilization game it could ever be!
It is only limited by our collective efforts and imagination. We go much farther together, than alone!
I am here to help if I can. I want C2C to be everything it could be, feel free to share your thoughts and help as you wish.
We all want the best team, and game possible!:)

Right, so then just repeat the process. Sounds like 4 new terrain features (ReefwB, ReefwLH, CoralwB & CoralwLH). I haven't looked up what a lighthouse actually does, but I'd guess that it just bumps up the food/coins you may not even have to terraform the terrain feature a 2nd time (for the lighthouses). Then again, you may have to depending on how the graphics interact (e.g. If you want to keep to one terraform then the light house graphic would either have to overlay/write the beacon or it would have to be in addition to).

An associated issue would be if you use the terraform function, would an enemy be able to plunder the new terrain feature (e.g. ReefwB) and reverse terraform it back to the original feature (Reef or coral)? Personally, I don't think it a 'big' loss if plunder was not an option (I mean the potential plunderer is making use of the damage avoidance feature and is going to take damage to his ship(s) if he does plunder so its probably rarely, if ever, worth it), but you might want to make mention of it in the pedia if that turns out to be the case.

Again if it is big hassle, just skip it. I'm just trying to help with ideas to get you to what you wanted.

Sorry, it was after midnight when I answered. Yes I could have a feature which is a reef with beacon but if it is I need to keep the beacon also because features don't upgrade when worked.

So what I would need to do to implement your suggestion is have 3 features for reef and three for coral (one by itself, one with beacon and one with lighthouse) each with different movement and damage values. Then when a beacon is built on a reef I replace the reef with the reef with beacon (same graphic as reef). If the beacon is destroyed I replace the reef with beacon with reef. If the beacon is upgraded to lighthouse then replace the reef with beacon feature with reef with lighthouse feature (same graphic as reef). If the lighthouse is pillaged to a beacon replace reef with lighthouse with reef with beacon.

The only problem with this is that there is no Python event for on improvement upgraded. Otherwise I could do it. :(

Dancing,

Oh wait, so you mean that terrain features can't be terraformed? If so, ignore the suggestions below.
I'd also guess that removing them as features and including them as whole new terrains is not workable either

(Ignore the following if Terrain Features can't be terraformed)
Suggestion 1: So make the Reef/Coral with Beacon immune to pillaging. As I said if you plunder it you are going to take damage, so it's not a really good choice. Then make the Lighthouse an improvement that can only be put on a tile with the Reef/Coral with Beacon feature. *You'd have the Beacon negate the damage and the lighthouse provide extra food/coins.

Suggestion 2: If you want Beacons to reduce damage and Lighthouses prevent it completely (i.e. differing damage levels), go with 4 new (6 total) features. Again you'd be stuck with not allowing them to be pillaged... but again since doing so causes damage to the pillager it's not a big loss being unable to do so.

Hey strategyonly I only want to be like in rise of mankind mod-more soldiers in unit, plz help. At least you do that mod so you shall know how to make this:)

I am sorry if it doesnt work correctly, but for me (personally) i dont have the time or energy to take this project on "at this time." sorry):blush:

Re: beacon/lighthouse damage prevention

It would probably be easier to just go over to the tag request thread and request a new "bCancelFeatureDamage" (or whatever) tag for improvements which makes a feature on the plot cause no damage when the improvement is present. It should only require a few small changes in the place the damage is determined/applied and also in the game text manager where the damage is listed for the plot and adding a thing to the improvement properties text.

Re: beacon/lighthouse damage prevention

It would probably be easier to just go over to the tag request thread and request a new "bCancelFeatureDamage" (or whatever) tag for improvements which makes a feature on the plot cause no damage when the improvement is present. It should only require a few small changes in the place the damage is determined/applied and also in the game text manager where the damage is listed for the plot and adding a thing to the improvement properties text.

I did request it awhile ago.

OK rightfuture and strategyonly Im sorry, Im will wait till you will have time.But after month i will go study and Im will dont have time, maybe:)

I've been finding the volcanoes to be in perfect balance but I think we need an upgrade to messaging system for events. I'd prefer it that if a volcano takes place where you haven't revealed the tile, you don't get an event message for it. Otherwise, I'm liking how they work and their frequency right now. This is a report from Snail speed - figured I should mention that as it may matter in the way its set up.

I've been finding the volcanoes to be in perfect balance but I think we need an upgrade to messaging system for events. I'd prefer it that if a volcano takes place where you haven't revealed the tile, you don't get an event message for it. Otherwise, I'm liking how they work and their frequency right now. This is a report from Snail speed - figured I should mention that as it may matter in the way its set up.

The whole problem is that the event is caused by player X but it may occur anywhere on the map. So not only are you getting messages about volcanic events in areas you have not explored, you are not getting them when they happen right next to your city.

The messages are controlled by the event. it should be possible to find out who can see the plot and send messages to all players who can see it only. I will look at it.

Yeah... I could do something like that in the dll but I wasn't sure if python (specifically the event system) had some kind of hardcode limitation there. That'd be a really good idea to filter who gets the message by who has the affected tile revealed.

Now don't get me wrong guys/girls I absolutely luv this mod, but there seems to be a imbalance as to when you get to astronomy. In as much as you can set your non cargo ships to go across open waters with the research of optics but others, Cogs and the like have to wait ages for astronomy. Even captured fish cant go to sea. Thats just wrong. Now I know it might be historical correct but still seems wrong??

Now don't get me wrong guys/girls I absolutely luv this mod, but there seems to be a imbalance as to when you get to astronomy. In as much as you can set your non cargo ships to go across open waters with the research of optics but others, Cogs and the like have to wait ages for astronomy. Even captured fish cant go to sea. Thats just wrong. Now I know it might be historical correct but still seems wrong??

I agree with what you said on the Cogs and such unless someone states a reason for it not to be set up that way. However, the problem with the captured fish you may be having is that we have enforced that you cannot use captured animals to explore. If they will 'reveal' tiles with a move, they cannot move there. This, I think, is well thought out and has good purpose behind it.

Hey everyone. Haven't tried this mod since last fall. The main thing that turned me off was the fact that every building built created an empty "lot" on a city, making the cities ugly and bizarre looking.

The visual aspect of this game is possibly one of the most important things for me. I guess I'm just asking if that problem was resolved.

Hey everyone. Haven't tried this mod since last fall. The main thing that turned me off was the fact that every building built created an empty "lot" on a city, making the cities ugly and bizarre looking.

The visual aspect of this game is possibly one of the most important things for me. I guess I'm just asking if that problem was resolved.

This has not been resolved since there isn't a graphic for each building. Seeing that c2c has 2000+ buildings it would be to taxing on the system and everybody would probably recieve tons of MAFs. If you really think are all that important you should get civ 5

I don't know if this is a glitch or not, but the Ornithoraptor clockpunk unit, when built, only goes to forts, not cities, and it can only be rebased to other forts.

I don't know if this is a glitch or not, but the Ornithoraptor clockpunk unit, when built, only goes to forts, not cities, and it can only be rebased to other forts.

Not a glitch, but probably an overlooked consequence... 0 aircraft limits on cities would exist at such an early stage of the game due to no buildings offering any aircraft capacity. Huh... that's kinda funny actually. I wouldn't have thought about that until it was brought up like this either.

So I guess that means we need something to accompany the ornithopter that gives aircraft capacity (or if there's an override setting in the xml - the old hunter's hawk never seemed to have that problem?)

Top Bottom