• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Caveman 2 Cosmos

What do you mean by "adding the underlying code"?

There are a whole lot of changes that need to be made to the DLL before we can implement multi-maps. For instance, the game needs to store three dimensions of plot data (the third dimension will determine what map it's on) in the memory, and needs to recognize each z-level as an independent map gameobject. Also, there will need to be work to get the AI to understand the existence of multiple maps, as well as code added for interactions between maps, even before we can have Multi-Maps. The trigger for actually getting Multiple Maps would be AIAndy or DH writing a mapscript to generate a Lunar and Solar System map, the first two one would encounter.

Also, there will need to be work to get the AI to understand the existence of multiple maps
Do you believe the svn version will be in a state at some point in the future where the solar system and Luna map has just been added and is accessible to the human yet completely unused by the Ai? Or will you wait for it to be fully ready before releasing it to the svn?

Do you believe the svn version will be in a state at some point in the future where the solar system and Luna map has just been added and is accessible to the human yet completely unused by the Ai? Or will you wait for it to be fully ready before releasing it to the svn?

You'd have to ask Koshling about that, but I would be opposed to adding the actual map generation until the AI understood it's existence and how to use it.

There are a whole lot of changes that need to be made to the DLL before we can implement multi-maps. For instance, the game needs to store three dimensions of plot data (the third dimension will determine what map it's on) in the memory, and needs to recognize each z-level as an independent map gameobject. Also, there will need to be work to get the AI to understand the existence of multiple maps, as well as code added for interactions between maps, even before we can have Multi-Maps. The trigger for actually getting Multiple Maps would be AIAndy or DH writing a mapscript to generate a Lunar and Solar System map, the first two one would encounter.

So the plan is so something along the lines of Call to Power? Cool.

Also, I have some graphics card issues that make the game minimise and occationaly close. I will try to get a print screen.

So the plan is so something along the lines of Call to Power? Cool.

Also, I have some graphics card issues that make the game minimise and occationaly close. I will try to get a print screen.

Lol better than call to power... Space wint just be a transparent layer above the map... It will be a place with accessible planets and you can make your own ;)

You'd have to ask Koshling about that, but I would be opposed to adding the actual map generation until the AI understood it's existence and how to use it.

Most definitely yes to this. ..

What does this multi-map plan mean to those of us who find the mid to end game a little slow....will it impact game performance?

What does this multi-map plan mean to those of us who find the mid to end game a little slow....will it impact game performance?

Yes, it will once you get to more maps. However, so long as you have a relatively recent machine you should be able to offset that with the Multi-threading capabilites we plan to add for large parts of the DLL (single-player only, MP games will have to not have most of that).

Yes, it will once you get to more maps. However, so long as you have a relatively recent machine you should be able to offset that with the Multi-threading capabilites we plan to add for large parts of the DLL (single-player only, MP games will have to not have most of that).

Seeing as I have just (this week) bought a new machine (A6 Quad core) I am looking forward to the multi Threading capabilities to speed the game up :)

Seeing as I have just (this week) bought a new machine (A6 Quad core) I am looking forward to the multi Threading capabilities to speed the game up :)

Even with Multi-threading you still would have been better off with a new Intel, their architecture is superior for most desktop applications, both single and multi-threaded.

Even with Multi-threading you still would have been better off with a new Intel, their architecture is superior for most desktop applications, both single and multi-threaded.

Here, here!!

regarding marshes, is it ever possible to settle cities on them? I haven't been able to, and they seem to occupy quite a bit of coastline tiles in a row. the pedia says you can settle on marsh if next to fresh water or on the coast, but that seems to be false. I can't settle on the coast, and I can't settle next to a river, and I can't settle a coast marsh tile that also has a river. So what's the real deal? There's plenty of tiny ocean islands that are all marsh, so nobody can settle them?

regarding marshes, is it ever possible to settle cities on them? I haven't been able to, and they seem to occupy quite a bit of coastline tiles in a row. the pedia says you can settle on marsh if next to fresh water or on the coast, but that seems to be false. I can't settle on the coast, and I can't settle next to a river, and I can't settle a coast marsh tile that also has a river. So what's the real deal? There's plenty of tiny ocean islands that are all marsh, so nobody can settle them?

This sounds like a DH item, and he is presently visiting, so it might be a while for his answer (or not)??

Hi,

I´ve a question about your mod. I´ve seen that you have added several civilizations modular.

I did the same in my mod but in your mod, the list in the screen where you configure the game is in alphabetical order. How did you make that?

Thank you for your help!

I think at Canal Systems you can "Drain Bog" which allows you to settle on them.

I just approached an AI city and I see he is saving a tortoise and hawk for (I assume) Bone Working. Nice! SVN 3923. Save game available if anyone is curious. (pre-3930 speeds)

It is a bit complex at the moment as there is a tech involved somewhere. IE there is a bug somewhere. You should still be able settle on a marsh which has a jungle, forest or other feature on it. Marshes on hills should also be settle-able. Yes marshes do occur on hills in reality also.

It is a bit complex at the moment as there is a tech involved somewhere. IE there is a bug somewhere. You should still be able settle on a marsh which has a jungle, forest or other feature on it. Marshes on hills should also be settle-able. Yes marshes do occur on hills in reality also.

http://i45.tinypic.com/2ez2re0.jpg red is marshes on the coast. blue is marshes on the coast with fresh water. magenta is marsh on the coast on a hill. none of these can be settled, and for some odd reason all marshes on the world map have mangroves on them, none are plain marshes, none have anything fancy like a jungle. the hill tile does have yummy watermelons but that doesn't let us settle there. here's the initial 50000bc savefile if you want to play with it http://www.filedropper.com/autosaveinitialbc-50000

Top Bottom