• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Caveman 2 Cosmos

Hm, could you please post a savegame of that?
OK, attached. But I have already domination, so I don't see it as a problem. The only problem is that it goes too quick for me to get a chance to build the most in the capital. Maybe I should have tried that option with multiple constructions per turn, can't seem to be able to set it ingame though.

Attachments

• very fast research.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 41
OK, attached. But I have already domination, so I don't see it as a problem. The only problem is that it goes too quick for me to get a chance to build the most in the capital. Maybe I should have tried that option with multiple constructions per turn, can't seem to be able to set it ingame though.

Yeah multiple production is a must have. I like to play epic speed sometimes and sometimes cities will build 4 or 5 buildings in a turn (the very cheap ones) especially if I just chopped down some forest or something.

That looks to me like a simple case of just outrunning all of the competition and taking over everything. It isn't really possible to balance for that.

Yeah. I'm going to say this again and I hope its the last time we have to bring this up.

I move that we make Multiple Production, Multiple Research, and Useable Mountains non-optional. Turn them on and invisible and that's that. Anyone have any reasons not to?

Yeah. I'm going to say this again and I hope its the last time we have to bring this up.

I move that we make Multiple Production, Multiple Research, and Useable Mountains non-optional. Turn them on and invisible and that's that. Anyone have any reasons not to?

Not me, i play with them all the time anyways, but again, its all about options in C2C.;)

My projects could eventually make our options list fairly overwhelming and to some it may already be. So yes, I agree its all about options here, but when we have identified options that don't need to be due to universal agreement that the option is pretty much always on or off, then its not a bad idea to lock it in to make it easier for games to be setup. IMO, anyhow. I think, on this one, even ls612 would agree with me ;)

I agree. Unlike with RoM/AND those 3 options are more or less mandatory now. I agree they should be invisible and put on as default.

If there are plans to add many more options in, would it be possible to categorise them using expanding lists...or does the core engine restrict that idea?

Not the mountain one please.
Fair 'nuff. I had considered if there was one among those three that might receive an objection that would've been it.

If there are plans to add many more options in, would it be possible to categorise them using expanding lists...or does the core engine restrict that idea?
It may. There could be some ways to get around that eventually though...

Hehehehe....I literally just started a new game of v27 today wondering when 28 would be out....I haven't touched C2C for well over a month up until now!

Yeah just started a new game of v27 - zippp - killed it!
Each version is at least as good as an expansion of normal CIV!
You might as well call it CIV 28 or is that CIV XXVIII? Either way it's getting that good!
If you don't believe it then you haven't really played it!
(or kept up with the forums enough.)
It's like calling a bite, or a look at the menu, a 7 course banquet. :)

Well I will admit that the full changelog is a quite a bit of a read and I tend to turn off after a while so a brief cover of any new big features (like the viewport thing in v26...or was it 27?)....although it took me a while to figure out what that actually was!!

What previous (v27 and/or SVN) versions' saves is v28 compatible with?

Have any changes been made to the layout/use of the UserSettings folder?

That is; Is it safe to copy the old one from V27 and replace the one that comes with V28?

Have any changes been made to the layout/use of the UserSettings folder?

That is; Is it safe to copy the old one from V27 and replace the one that comes with V28?

It has never been in the past, so i'd venture to say, yes.

Top Bottom