Caveman 2 Cosmos

Hi guys , hi all the great team of C2C and many thanks for the time that you spend free to design this spectacular mod , unique in the world !!!
Time ago i tried to play (3-4 version ago and there was the "Graphics paging" introduced by the great Koshling) , i translate in italian some part of the game (after , I would share with the community) but in game i dont passed the first 2 eras and i abandoned the project of translation and the game . I played always whit medium and small map and max 5-6 civilization , no barbarians , minimum resolution and so on .
Now whit this new version i have a change to play untill the end ? I think no ...
I have a old pc , 32 bit (windows xp ) , AMD Athlon 7750 dual core 2.71 GHz , 3 GB Ram and whit a video card NVIDIA GeForce 7025/NVIDIA nForce 630a . At this moment i dont have money for to buy a new pc ;(
Please dont laugh for my bad pc , I would like to know if i have a change to play until advanced ages .. and how to set the custom game (map , number of civ etc ) thank v.m
p.s. I also used the 3 GB switch

Hi guys , hi all the great team of C2C and many thanks for the time that you spend free to design this spectacular mod , unique in the world !!!
Time ago i tried to play (3-4 version ago and there was the "Graphics paging" introduced by the great Koshling) , i translate in italian some part of the game (after , I would share with the community) but in game i dont passed the first 2 eras and i abandoned the project of translation and the game . I played always whit medium and small map and max 5-6 civilization , no barbarians , minimum resolution and so on .
Now whit this new version i have a change to play untill the end ? I think no ...
I have a old pc , 32 bit (windows xp ) , AMD Athlon 7750 dual core 2.71 GHz , 3 GB Ram and whit a video card NVIDIA GeForce 7025/NVIDIA nForce 630a . At this moment i dont have money for to buy a new pc ;(
Please dont laugh for my bad pc , I would like to know if i have a change to play until advanced ages .. and how to set the custom game (map , number of civ etc ) thank v.m
p.s. I also used the 3 GB switch

First off, DONT buy a new PC at least till after May 2015, thats when the NEW Windows 9 will be out. Waaaay better than Win 8.

For you i recommend no more than 7 civs, on a no more than Huge mapscript. Infact that might be too big IF you have on Barb Civ.

I mostly playing with 4-6 civs on start and with option barbarian civlizations on.
IMO this real world accurate because in begining of human history was only few places where civilization start.

Thank you guys for your advice , i'll try (difficult test for my bad pc ... aahaaaa ) this new version. Anyhow , if i can't play before a new pc , i'll remain a biggest fan of C2C and i will always follow your impressive project . Another big thanks for all the people that "work" for us ...

Hey Peeps

Just got SVN version up and running and you release .zip v 34. Is there any major differences.

Hi people , i try this new version and C2C is always C2C .. no words .. really ! Supreme mod , and the MINDS behind this mod are double SUPREME ... always is perfect , i play now whit an old pc in the preistoric era whit 6 civ , no revolution , no barbari etc , so no stress for the ram ... i play whit enjoyment whit slow speed and sure that in the later eras my pc say me ciao ciao ... change pc !!!
I have seen a bit of this mod and i think that not is a mod ... NOT IS CIVILIZATION 4 ... is really , is totally another game .. is what i want for a game , i researched for years !!
Thanks v.m
P.s. If i reach the last era (i play slow turn , the last in the option mode ) , i translate in italian and for the community throughout the mod ... promise !!!

* i play whit enjoyment whit slow speed *
sorry ... "WITH" , always taken 3 in english language at school for this ... but for the translation no problem :lol:

I don't understand why some ships can go through my territory without a "by your leave" ie Right of Passage agreement while Scouts and Explorers who used to only require a RoP now require an Open Borders agreement! The whole point of Right of Passage seems to have been removed by stealth.:mad:

So, I've been trying to create a map on the largest setting, unfortunately to no success.
I'm pretty sure it's not because of my computer's settings
Spoiler :

because I have a pretty decent computer.
I waited like ten minutes or so to load up but nothing happened and when I loaded up the task manager it said it wasn't responding. Do I just need to wait it out or are the requirements for the largest map size that large or is there something else I'm doing wrong? I set it on the proper resolution as well.

So, I've been trying to create a map on the largest setting, unfortunately to no success.
I'm pretty sure it's not because of my computer's settings
Spoiler :

because I have a pretty decent computer.
I waited like ten minutes or so to load up but nothing happened and when I loaded up the task manager it said it wasn't responding. Do I just need to wait it out or are the requirements for the largest map size that large or is there something else I'm doing wrong? I set it on the proper resolution as well.

You need to WAIT even longer for that setting. You have to factor in the size of the map, which could take 10 minutes by itself, then it needs to factor in the # of civs, resource placement, features like mountains, rivers etc etc also, that could also take 10 more minutes, BUT its mainly because of the size of the map itself.

For your info, you will never ever be able to play this map probably past the medieval era, it will take waaay to much memory for use.

You need to WAIT even longer for that setting. You have to factor in the size of the map, which could take 10 minutes by itself, then it needs to factor in the # of civs, resource placement, features like mountains, rivers etc etc also, that could also take 10 more minutes, BUT its mainly because of the size of the map itself.

For your info, you will never ever be able to play this map probably past the medieval era, it will take waaay to much memory for use.

Okay then, thanks! I'll keep that in mind. What size do you think I could play on reasonably through the entire game?

Making the largests maps can take several hours - no matter how good your PC is. Civ4 is an old game and it can't do anything with more then 4 GB Ram. You could just wait, but maps this large are very experimental and you probably won't even be able to play to the Medieval Era because the game can't handle so much units. Believe me, giant is big enough, you will never run out of space or something.

Edit:
Huge or Large will be decent for playing though.

Making the largests maps can take several hours - no matter how good your PC is. Civ4 is an old game and it can't do anything with more then 4 GB Ram. You could just wait, but maps this large are very experimental and you probably won't even be able to play to the Medieval Era because the game can't handle so much units. Believe me, giant is big enough, you will never run out of space or something.

Edit:
Huge or Large will be decent for playing though.

Would even giant be too large? Thanks for the feedback though, I do appreciate it.

Would even giant be too large? Thanks for the feedback though, I do appreciate it.

Depends on the # of civs, if you play on that big of one, dont play more than 5 civs i say, Huge 7, Large 10. That is if you play with Rev On of course.

Depends on how patient you are. My giant game made well into the modern era, but then I lost interest because turn times were at 5-10min each, and sometimes (at the beginning or end of a war) even at 30min.

Depends on how patient you are. My giant game made well into the modern era, but then I lost interest because turn times were at 5-10min each, and sometimes (at the beginning or end of a war) even at 30min.

You cant compare OLD versions to the new one Faustmouse OK, yes before it took quite a while for turn times, but has GREATLY improved this version. Then again depends on the # of civs, i say never ever go over 10 no matter what.

Turns times now should NOT go over 3 minutes now if you go by the # of civs i posted in 8701.

Top Bottom