Caveman 2 Cosmos

None of those are from BUG they are from Afforess ie RoM/AND. Just saying. If they were from BUG I might be able to do something about them:mischief:

Shows how much I use them then don't it. :p

JosEPh

You have to wander away from your borders to get a wider variety of animal types, and to expand hunting grounds. At least in my games staying near my border is not going to get me lots of animals, and all of a limited type.

I don't use any of TB's advanced combat options so I don't have 'Trap or Pursuit' options.

You have to wander away from your borders to get a wider variety of animal types, and to expand hunting grounds. At least in my games staying near my border is not going to get me lots of animals, and all of a limited type.

I don't use any of TB's advanced combat options so I don't have 'Trap or Pursuit' options.

As the game progresses from the start yes you will need to expand your hunting grounds. But initially a couple of pairs near my borders does very well. By the time I have Spiked club I will have a tracker and Spiked paired up and move them farther out. I will make several of these pairs to cover all major compass points. ;)

Trap and Pursuit are now part of the Main game choices for trackers/hunters as I don't use the CM Options yet either. And I'm not talking about the Auto stuff found in BUG either.

JosEPh

I see now. It's just not terribly clear what all these new buttons do. The thief/rogue get some new buttons as well, and I've got no clue what they do... or rather what the true effect is, I can read 'what they do'.

It's a new ball game and as such a sort of a learn as you go (like always) when New Concepts are added into the Mod. T-brd has posted several times and places what his intention are but even for me I have to "Play with it" to get a handle on it. :old: learning habits hard to break sometimes. :p

JosEPh

seems to be for each unit, can you change the rate for them all instead of one at a time?
"gamespeedinfos.xml" in the "XML/GameInfo" folder has an adjuster for general barbarian spawn called "barbfrequency"; or something. increase it for the speed you use, or all of them.

I am starting to wonder if its something completely different as even if you select no barbarians options when starting a custom game animals still spawn

@aob86 There are values in the file A_New_Dawn_GlobalDefines.XML found in the Assets/XML folder that will change the spawn rage globally for animals and Neanderthals.
  • NEANDERTHAL_SPAWN_MODIFIER - Neanderthals
  • ANIMAL_SPAWN_MODIFIER - land animals and birds
  • SEA_ANIMAL_SPAWN_MODIFIER - critters of the sea
  • BANDIT_SPAWN_MODIFIER - not used yet
  • KILLERRABBIT_SPAWN_MODIFIER - not used yet

The number is a percentage. Lower it to lower the number spawning.

My settings
Spoiler :
Code:
	<Define>
		<DefineName>NEANDERTHAL_SPAWN_MODIFIER</DefineName>
		<iDefineIntVal>0</iDefineIntVal>
	</Define>
	<Define>
		<DefineName>ANIMAL_SPAWN_MODIFIER</DefineName>
		<iDefineIntVal>250</iDefineIntVal>
	</Define>
	<Define>
		<DefineName>SEA_ANIMAL_SPAWN_MODIFIER</DefineName>
		<iDefineIntVal>100</iDefineIntVal>
	</Define>

There is no way to change the spawn rate of normal human barbarians except by dropping a play level.

I am starting to wonder if its something completely different as even if you select no barbarians options when starting a custom game animals still spawn

I think you have to select the No Animals option also. No Barbarians will remove Neanderthals and normal barbarians. The different animals are adjusted as I said above.

The two have been split due to future plans.

@aob86 There are values in the file A_New_Dawn_GlobalDefines.XML found in the Assets/XML folder that will change the spawn rage globally for animals and Neanderthals.
  • NEANDERTHAL_SPAWN_MODIFIER - Neanderthals
  • ANIMAL_SPAWN_MODIFIER - land animals and birds
  • SEA_ANIMAL_SPAWN_MODIFIER - critters of the sea
  • BANDIT_SPAWN_MODIFIER - not used yet
  • KILLERRABBIT_SPAWN_MODIFIER - not used yet

The number is a percentage. Lower it to lower the number spawning.

My settings
Spoiler :
Code:
	<Define>
		<DefineName>NEANDERTHAL_SPAWN_MODIFIER</DefineName>
		<iDefineIntVal>0</iDefineIntVal>
	</Define>
	<Define>
		<DefineName>ANIMAL_SPAWN_MODIFIER</DefineName>
		<iDefineIntVal>250</iDefineIntVal>
	</Define>
	<Define>
		<DefineName>SEA_ANIMAL_SPAWN_MODIFIER</DefineName>
		<iDefineIntVal>100</iDefineIntVal>
	</Define>

There is no way to change the spawn rate of normal human barbarians except by dropping a play level.

I think you have to select the No Animals option also. No Barbarians will remove Neanderthals and normal barbarians. The different animals are adjusted as I said above.

The two have been split due to future plans.

looks good, I will try that, thank you

@aob86
[*]KILLERRABBIT_SPAWN_MODIFIER - not used yet

killer rabbit, shouldn't that be Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog, it is after all a monty python reference yes?

killer rabbit, shouldn't that be Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog, it is after all a monty python reference yes?

Yes if we can restrict to only one per game. Otherwise it is just a killer rabbit. Yes it can take out a knight unit with one swipe of its paw. Or at least it could before the latest unit review.

Currently it is off so you wont see it in games.

Yes if we can restrict to only one per game. Otherwise it is just a killer rabbit. Yes it can take out a knight unit with one swipe of its paw. Or at least it could before the latest unit review.

Currently it is off so you wont see it in games.

sounds to me like we need a knight unit equipped with an holy hand grenade to take it out :D

well I will leave that up to you guys whenever you implement the killer rabbits, maybe another promotion for a knight could be to make it a knights who say ni, ok last monty python one I promise :lol:

Well I have found something I do not like about hide and seek at all. I founded a city on a tile that had an invisible barb panther in it which did not leave on the next turn like barb animals used to. Is there any way to get it out of there, because if there is not, that entire game is wasted. That's 6-7 hours wasted.

1. Make sure you can see the panther (use a dog with vision promotion if necessary)
  2. Get a hunter on the tile (if the hunter attacks, your problem is likely solved)
  3. Otherwise, let the hunter attack the panther (there is a button for attack on the same tile)

Top Bottom