Caveman 2 Cosmos

I think you misinterpretted. I'm saying spread, as in specialization / trade technologies to make more deer ( or other more rare animals ) herds in newer cities when you didn't have the ability to save said animals. Sheep Goats and Deer are the most obvious at the moment.
They might be latitude restricted.

They might be latitude restricted.
I don't know about that, I'm talking about building the taming complex and building new units to spread the herds here, as you can with horse cow and others.
There's litterally not a unit assigned for goats, sheep or deer. Or walruses.

I don't know about that, I'm talking about building the taming complex and building new units to spread the herds here, as you can with horse cow and others.
There's litterally not a unit assigned for goats, sheep or deer. Or walruses.
Goats and sheep are not deer, so that makes the first question even more confusing.

The reason you can't spread goats or sheep is because it takes time to code it. Also that code goes in one file with a lot of other code. Having more than one person working a single file is dangerous so it needs to be scheduled and coordinated. This also takes time. A method where we can put Python code in the XML has been developed which helps, I just have not become familiar with it.

Currently I can 't see a game reason for needing both subdued goats and subdued sheep. Neither leads to a special set of buildings, units or anything.

In this case it'd be Tamed goats or sheep, or Mouflon that would comprise of both. Mouflon are incredibly rare though to spawn on map in general though. You are wrong, however, in regards to building, as Mouflon allow you to get sheep, which allow you to get wool, which give you bonuses to weaving and clothing. Also, if you have Shamanism, you get bonuses to food production ( as do Deer and Walruses ). All four herds don't seem to be spreadable though as they aren't Tamed units.

Last edited:
Neither leads to a special set of buildings, units or anything.
I do think they should though. Just historically they were pretty important and still are. To the point that the concept of a shepherd (sheep herder) is pretty much the core of the concept of herding in general.

I'm not trying to press this as a point or make any demands - just saying it feels a bit strange to have all these herds and domesticated animal spreads and to have it not include sheep/goats. I also agree they should pretty much be the same thing if we want to avoid further efforts, though goat's milk and goat's cheese would be a bit odd coming from sheep and goat wool isn't all that often a commodity unless it's a special goat breed, as noted.

In this case it'd be Tamed goats or sheep, or Mouflon that would comprise of both. Mouflon are incredibly rare though to spawn on map in general though. You are wrong, however, in regards to building, as Mouflon allow you to get sheep, which allow you to get wool, which give you bonuses to weaving and clothing. Also, if you have Shamanism, you get bonuses to food production ( as do Deer and Walruses ). All four herds don't seem to be spreadable though as they aren't Tamed units.

Wool comes from many other animals in game also. In my last play through I got many subdued Mouflon. More than enough for every city in my 30 city nation. However I got twice as many subdued Ibex and used them for goat herds and exotic herbivore cages.

However I don't see that we need both. In reality they are not that much different.
I do think they should though. Just historically they were pretty important and still are. To the point that the concept of a shepherd (sheep herder) is pretty much the core of the concept of herding in general.

I'm not trying to press this as a point or make any demands - just saying it feels a bit strange to have all these herds and domesticated animal spreads and to have it not include sheep/goats. I also agree they should pretty much be the same thing if we want to avoid further efforts, though goat's milk and goat's cheese would be a bit odd coming from sheep and goat wool isn't all that often a commodity unless it's a special goat breed, as noted.
We obviously live in different worlds. Goat and sheep milk and cheese are not rare here but that may just be because of our form of multiculturalism, which has a lot to do with the sharing of food and drink.

The idea of a "shepherd" is very important in religions also. Important enough to be one of the Religious Civics I would like to have in game. Priests have not always been about the congregation. At times their sole purpose has been to keep the gods happy or at least not concerned with human affairs.

If I do anything more at all for C2C is still up in the air. If I play I see things that need fixing and fix them but I am not playing very much at this time.

If I do anything more at all for C2C is still up in the air. If I play I see things that need fixing and fix them but I am not playing very much at this time.
We're all feeling that way at the moment. Not sure why really.

We obviously live in different worlds. Goat and sheep milk and cheese are not rare here but that may just be because of our form of multiculturalism, which has a lot to do with the sharing of food and drink.
I'm not sure which part of my comment you feel was foreign. Are you mostly referring to sheep's milk being much the same as goat's milk? I wasn't aware anyone actually consumed sheep's milk if that's the case. Something I've never seen marketed.

We're all feeling that way at the moment. Not sure why really.

I feel bit burned out too.
I can't get to review manufactured resource inputs and outputs and to remake calendar....
I know, that earliest radio and cloth producers need other manufactured resources, that are unlocked later than cloth or radio gets unlocked.

IMO, if you guys want to take a few months off to recuperate after this last release, I say go right ahead and enjoy yourselves. There was a lot of high tension stuff going on.

Reactions: tmv
IMO, if you guys want to take a few months off to recuperate after this last release, I say go right ahead and enjoy yourselves. There was a lot of high tension stuff going on.
I feel the same way. As long as this is a stable release, leave it be. It sounds like the stuff you're all working on are just things you'd like to implement but aren't game breaking bugs fixes. So take a break. You've all earned it. And then some.

I noticed that those three multiplayer games are dead too.
Spirictum needs a new computer apparently.

Yeah, this IS a good time for a rest period.

Hi again. I noticed that there seems to be an imbalance in food production buildings late game. In particular, I'm referring to the part where the technologies 'species uplifting' and 'botanical alchemy' obsolete many food buildings that you can build prior to size 13. This is a problem because the next big offset to that is all the way in 'extraterrestrial agriculture'. I realize you are probably still on your rest, and I can understand that. As such, this can just be something you can get to when you get to it. Also, there's this one world wonder which requires 45 of some kind of biological lab (I don't remember the name of it) in a civilization, which seems like too much in my opinion. I was going fairly expansive for a lot of the game so far and I only have 27 cities (not including the space ones which can't build it) and am running out of good city spots. Again, something to get to when you have the time. As far as specifics on how to fix the food issue, I have a few ideas for buildings which could be unlocked with 'mythological beastiary', probably something like an edible, fast-growing bacteria or some kind of animal which sheds a nutrient rich food. But if you have better ideas, then go for it.

Hi again. I noticed that there seems to be an imbalance in food production buildings late game. In particular, I'm referring to the part where the technologies 'species uplifting' and 'botanical alchemy' obsolete many food buildings that you can build prior to size 13. This is a problem because the next big offset to that is all the way in 'extraterrestrial agriculture'. I realize you are probably still on your rest, and I can understand that. As such, this can just be something you can get to when you get to it. Also, there's this one world wonder which requires 45 of some kind of biological lab (I don't remember the name of it) in a civilization, which seems like too much in my opinion. I was going fairly expansive for a lot of the game so far and I only have 27 cities (not including the space ones which can't build it) and am running out of good city spots. Again, something to get to when you have the time. As far as specifics on how to fix the food issue, I have a few ideas for buildings which could be unlocked with 'mythological beastiary', probably something like an edible, fast-growing bacteria or some kind of animal which sheds a nutrient rich food. But if you have better ideas, then go for it.
Welcome to the forum. We're very aware there are lots of lategame balance and development issues but this is not usually one of the things pointed out so there's good food for thought here.

I can divide its building count prereq by 2 - it was much higher than others anyway.

And now it should require 23 cities

Also there is nutraceutal animals nearby this tech, that deals with this idea.

Last edited:
I am loving the mod! Thanks so much for everything.

One question, I got the latest version and it is starting me in 200,000 BC? Is this intentional or some kind of issue I am having?

It's deliberate. Have you looked at the techs available for research at that time? You're starting in moderately distant prehistory.

It's deliberate. Have you looked at the techs available for research at that time? You're starting in moderately distant prehistory.

Here is my game stats:
Turn: 939/20000
Date: 94363 BC
Last Tech: Sedentary Lifestyle

When I played previously it was like 10,000 - 6000 BC when I got Sedentary Lifestyle? Mali beat me to it too so I am not crazy ahead in techs.

Well, there's a large number of variables, but that seems like a reasonable pace. Unless there's something going on which would make you suspect an issue (in which case, I'd say you need to supply some details) I wouldn't expect that there's any real problem.

Here is my game stats:
Turn: 939/20000
Date: 94363 BC
Last Tech: Sedentary Lifestyle

When I played previously it was like 10,000 - 6000 BC when I got Sedentary Lifestyle? Mali beat me to it too so I am not crazy ahead in techs.
It does depend on your game speed.

The start date is correct. However with the latest update some things in the calendar got out of alignment. It always takes a long time to "fix" it because there are so many variables involved.

Top Bottom