CCM2 Epic Mod

Gosh, I have been away from this old game for so long I had problem signing in and even then I first was not permitting to post. Not enough priviliges ??
Maybe it had something to do with my old email that was not updated, fixed then I was back, as one can see since this writing. :crazyeye:

Well, to the question Civinator
I could scan over hundreds of posts but I'm a bit lazy so I ask direct how things are getting along with the update of this fantastic Mod.
I planned to start up 2.50 but was hoping that a newer version was ava.
Since I can't find my old CDs (or was it DVDs) of Civ3 I bought the Complete version on GOG, so fresh new installment.
Remember there was some issues with some of the versions (like Steam) not handling this Mod correctly, or was it the Antal update (or I read about a newer Flintlock update)
I would be very pleased to get some guidence or directions, beside the knowledge on where you are in the update. (Are we looking pre Christmas ?. This year that is or further down the years)

Welcome back Clamel, :)

it is no mistake to download CCM 2.50 now, if you have a somewhat fast internet connection. The next version of CCM will be played with the Flintlock mod and at present it looks, that it will have another form of installation. The GOG version of Civ 3 Complete is highly suited for playing with the Flintlock mod. If you install CCM 2.50 take care, that you separate your original C3C files as it is posted in the installment instructions, so you can delete the boosted main files if needed later and have your original C3C files at once present, too.

It is difficult to predict, when the new version will be ready, as this, of course, depends on RL. When I wouldn´t had another Corona infection some weeks ago, may be it would be here just now. I have finished the work on most parts of CCM 2.6 - and in my eyes the improvements in game play are massive. Details later, when it is time for it. Per example the improvements in some late game mechanisms (including a change in the time scale of the game) seem to work. Takeo fixed and improved the graphics and sounds for 350 CCM units :thumbsup: and at present I am puzzling together the fixes and the rests of those units and I am here by the letter P of those units. The civilopedia still needs some work. It is amazing, how much the Flintlock mod speeds up the AI turns especially on big CCM maps.

When I have finished this work I will start a final test game on a big CCM map and will see how the new version of CCM is performing.

Last edited:
I'm simply curious how you dealt with the infection:
  • Supposedly Windows Security should deal with it, for protection.
    • The Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool 64-bit should also work (I always use italics for MS products.)
  • I also use Kaspersky & Malwarebytes; both have free user tools.
  • Lastly, I also run Bitdefender scans every now and again.
Since the Burning of the Great library, one of my favorite quotes has become: "Just because you’re paranoid doesn’t mean they’re not after you” - Joseph Heller, Catch-22

:)

Ozy, the corona virus (or Covid-19) infected my body, not my pc. :D
Btw.: Catch-22 was one of my English school readings.

Welcome back Clamel, :)

it is no mistake to download CCM 2.50 now, if you have a somewhat fast internet connection. The next version of CCM will be played with the Flintlock mod and at present it looks, that it will have another form of installation. The GOG version of Civ 3 Complete is highly suited for playing with the Flintlock mod. If you install CCM 2.50 take care, that you separate your original C3C files as it is posted in the installment instructions, so you can delete the boosted main files if needed later and have your original C3C files at once present, too.

It is difficult to predict, when the new version will be ready, as this, of course, depends on RL. When I wouldn´t had another Corona infection some weeks ago, may be it would be here just now. I have finished the work on most parts of CCM 2.6 - and in my eyes the improvements in game play are massive. Details later, when it is time for it. Per example the improvements in some late game mechanisms (including a change in the time scale of the game) seem to work. Takeo fixed and improved the graphics and sounds for 350 CCM units :thumbsup: and at present I am puzzling together the fixes and the rests of those units and I am here by the letter P of those units. The civilopedia still needs some work. It is amazing, how much the Flintlock mod speeds up the AI turns especially on big CCM maps.

When I have finished this work I will start a final test game on a big CCM map and will see how the new version of CCM is performing.
Thanks for all that info.
So sad you got a piece of that horsehockey Covid. Avoided it myself so far, even during the rough time back then. One better be careful since it looks to lurking around the corner.
I read about Flintlock patch some and understand it even fixed the sad sub-bug and above all AI should now really use artillery as it should.
If the info on artillery is correct I assume you have to edit a new setup for those artillery units you had speical treatment for (what I recalled in earlier than 2.50 version)
Will follow the setup to the letter and hope to get some playing time on the 2.50 before you at last publish something for us all to enjoy.
Stay safe

Ozy, the corona virus (or Covid-19) infected my body, not my pc. :D
Btw.: Catch-22 was one of my English school readings.
:lol:
  1. There is a PC Coronavirus.
  2. I'm impressed that Catch-22 was a read, given that it's not "simply" written a-chronologically, but without any true chronology, at all (I'm trying to think of any Threads here :think:)
  3. I am SO VERY GLAD that you're well :dance:
:)

Thank you all for your wishes. :)

Thank you all for your wishes. :)
Stopped receving emails from here for some reason, so best belated wishes for good health!

Side note: every true aviation fan should have an in-game museum!

Attachments

• Sem Título.jpg
    Sem Título.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 61
At present I am in the later eras of my current test game with 31 civs in Debug mode (not the final test game that I will start) to gather information about the AI values of its production in the cities. Per example it seems, the AI is valuing the production of ACs much higher than that of early tanks (more than 500 points). It also seems that the value of the blitz attack flag (early tanks) for the AI seems to be much lower than the value of the stealth attack flag (ACs). Interesting, too, is the differentiation of the AI in producing offensive and exploring adventurers and offensive and defensive infantry and fighters.

AI Cityproduction.jpg

Hey guys so ive played this mod before but its been years lol can anyone tell me the noraze file or whatever that file it is i need to fix some of the spelling errors and text issues?

Hey guys so ive played this mod before but its been years lol can anyone tell me the noraze file or whatever that file it is i need to fix some of the spelling errors and text issues?
Welcome at CFC! :band:[party] I hope your nickname will not lead to a confusion who is posting here in this thread.

The noraze file is not included in CCM - and it is not needed, as since some time the Flintlock mod is existing. This mod includes the no raze option and a cornucopia of other very useful functions and can be downloaded at CFC: https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/c3x.28759/

It is highly recommended to use that mod for starting CCM, as it also fixes the houseboat bug.

Spelling and text errors ( as in your post "ive") can appear in any file that includes texts, in CCM the biq and all files in the text folder. As I am working on the next version of CCM, can you please list here all the text and spelling errors, so there is a chance to fix them in that next version of CCM ?

The upcoming newest highlights in the Flintlock mod (fortunately the next version of CCM has enough reserves to use these improved options) : :)

Resource Yields.jpg

Hello, I think I've managed to install the mod correctly since I've played a good 100 turns just now, but I have a small issue which makes me thing that I missed a step somewhere: I have some wrong text entries here and there, for instance I get "ABANDON city" instead of open civilopedia page on right click menu, in trade offers instead of gold per turn I get ABANDON city again, the gold per turn entry is replaced by a vey long text that I can't quite read. Any idea what could cause this? I'm using the Steam C3Complete edition.

Edit: also the main menu texts seem to be wrong, my first entry is "Build Barricade" and Preferences opens the multiplayer. I'm so confused.

Well, neverind. I was using the Steam fixed labels text file (since I have the steam version) and that was the problem. Using the regular labels file, all seems to be fine.

Last edited:
Well, this is an amazing mod. I was a little confused at first with some of the new mechanics, but I've come to love them, especially the untrainable workers and settlers early game. :goodjob:

Sadly I've come to a repeatable hang at the end of turn that keeps happening, even with C3X installed... I understand that with 2.6 on the way, there's no looking into an issue occurring in 2.5, but I thought of uploading the save here just in case anyone would be so kind to try it and see if the issue is on my end by running it. The game is kind of already won at this point, but I was having a LOT of fun nonetheless.

Attachments

• Rome-Italy 10.SAV
    1 MB · Views: 3
Maltazard, thank you very much for your kind words about CCM (and of course also about the Flintlock mod). :)

Unfortunately I don´t have the CCM 2.5 files any longer on my pc to avoid a mix-up with the files of the next version of CCM, so I cannot check your save file. Please can any civer, who has the CCM 2.5 files and the Flintlock mod installed on the pc, check Maltazard´s save file, if there is a freeze in it, even when the patch against the houseboat bug in the Flintlock mod is enabled.

Arexander thank you very much for your help to Maltazard. :thumbsup:

Maltazard, please have a look into the config file of the Flintlock mod if the housboat bug patch is enabled in that file. Otherwise it seems, that you need some patience until this turn is finished if you don´t have a pc with a strong CPU.

Oh that's great, I'll do that then. Housboat fix is set to true, I'll let it run for a good while. Will update here. Thank you!

Update: It worked! It took about 10 minutes indeed. Unfortunately it took a similar amount of time for the next couple of turns as well... I suppose I should play on a slightly smaller map in the future, and/or with less civs.

Last edited:
Hiho folks, anyone has a "no DVD mod/patch" that works? Today the one I used (Civ3Conquests-Antal.EXE) stopped working when I finished updating my new PC; I tried to run the flintlock patch but it says it only works with "civ 1.22"... am getting desperate...

Top Bottom