CCTP Working Version Progress

Started to overwork the CCTP V.402 Version.
Still need more time to check and balance many things out.

awesome news, take as much time as you need, cant wait!

Yeah my problem is i need to discover what i have already changed before my break.
Was a lot of stuff and most seems to work fine only minor notes in the log section.

My biggest problem is the ai, if i can manage to get them correct working (what i hope will be soon), then i can go ahead for the other places that needs rework.

For balance, I'd like to suggest something similar to what http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=113741595 does. There are so many resources needed it adds a lot of depth to the game but can unbalance things and cause civs to fall hopelessly behind, also, adding resource buildings one era removed from the resource would at least give everyone a chance to build a unit or two. I'd also strongly suggest after play testing that strategic resources not be tied to policies trees alone. While it makes some sense to have iron units available to those who choose fast expansion or military trees, it cripples tall empires and tradition starts. My thoughts would be to leave the luxuries as policy tree specific but tie the strategic resources to techs.

My mistake - the above comments are about the Dawn of Man teaser on Steam. I am playing and testing the full version now :)

No problem, but i have to say i was alittle bit confused:lol:

Trying to load a game with the mod, really toned it down, duel map so it'd go faster, it said unable to load texture Gobekli_icon45.dds and UnitFlagAtlasWhiteTwo.dds the second one kept on popping up when I said okay.

Trying to load a game with the mod, really toned it down, duel map so it'd go faster, it said unable to load texture Gobekli_icon45.dds and UnitFlagAtlasWhiteTwo.dds the second one kept on popping up when I said okay.

Uh wait the flagatlas is reported as missing, this should the same for gobekli.

Will download the version and have a look.

I'm enjoying this so far. There are bugs - broken pipes in the tech tree, instant death on startup occassionally, so other strange things but I am sure almost all of them are known already and none stop the game from being played.

My biggest issue so far would be there is not enough to build, or not the right balance yet between production and research. I've tried several different civs and types of starts and I always end up at some point just endlessly building and deleting warriors until there is something else to build.

My biggest issue so far would be there is not enough to build, or not the right balance yet between production and research. I've tried several different civs and types of starts and I always end up at some point just endlessly building and deleting warriors until there is something else to build.

It's a matter of what to research, don't you think so? Anyway you can "build" research points, gold and so on. Even in 1st turn if you want.

It's a matter of what to research, don't you think so? Anyway you can "build" research points, gold and so on. Even in 1st turn if you want.
I don't have an option research or gold until I unlock them far later in the game than where the problem I'm talking about occurs. If you have the magic secret so this isn't happening to you in your (CCTP) games please share :)

I don't have an option research or gold until I unlock them far later in the game than where the problem I'm talking about occurs. If you have the magic secret so this isn't happening to you in your (CCTP) games please share :)

There are 2 early processes in CCTP.
Spoiler :
<GameData>
<!--Processes-->
<Processes>
<Row>
<Type>PROCESS_GROWTH</Type>
<Description>TXT_KEY_PROCESS_GROWTH</Description>
<Help>TXT_KEY_PROCESS_GROWTH_HELP</Help>
<Strategy>TXT_KEY_PROCESS_GROWTH_STRATEGY</Strategy>
<TechPrereq>TECH_AGRICULTURAL_REVOLUTION</TechPrereq>
<IconAtlas>CITIZEN_ATLAS</IconAtlas>
<PortraitIndex>0</PortraitIndex>
</Row>
<Row>
<Type>PROCESS_CREATION</Type>
<Description>TXT_KEY_PROCESS_CREATION</Description>
<Help>TXT_KEY_PROCESS_CREATION_HELP</Help>
<Strategy>TXT_KEY_PROCESS_CREATION_STRATEGY</Strategy>
<TechPrereq>TECH_LANGUAGE</TechPrereq>
<IconAtlas>CITIZEN_ATLAS</IconAtlas>
<PortraitIndex>4</PortraitIndex>
</Row>
</Processes>
<Process_Flavors>
<Row>
<ProcessType>PROCESS_GROWTH</ProcessType>
<FlavorType>FLAVOR_GROWTH</FlavorType>
<Flavor>5</Flavor>
</Row>
<Row>
<ProcessType>PROCESS_CREATION</ProcessType>
<FlavorType>FLAVOR_GOLD</FlavorType>
<Flavor>3</Flavor>
</Row>
<Row>
<FlavorType>FLAVOR_SCIENCE</FlavorType>
<Flavor>1</Flavor>
</Row>
</Process_Flavors>
<Process_ProductionYields>
<Row>
<ProcessType>PROCESS_GROWTH</ProcessType>
<YieldType>YIELD_FOOD</YieldType>
<Yield>25</Yield>
</Row>
<Row>
<YieldType>YIELD_GOLD</YieldType>
<Yield>15</Yield>
</Row>
<Row>
<YieldType>YIELD_SCIENCE</YieldType>
<Yield>5</Yield>
</Row>
</Process_ProductionYields>
<Language_en_US>
<!--Process-->
<!--CREATION-->
<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_PROCESS_CREATION">
<Text>Creation</Text>
</Row>
<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_PROCESS_CREATION_STRATEGY">
<Text>Provides a Gold and Science boost.</Text>
</Row>
<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_PROCESS_CREATION_HELP">
<Text>Allowes to transform 15% of the [ICON_PRODUCTION] Production output of the city into [ICON_GOLD] Gold and 5% into [ICON_RESEARCH] Science</Text>
</Row>
</Language_en_US>
<!--Have a nice Day:=)-->

</GameData>

They where implented to avoid unit spamming and to give the players a better choice of planning further turns....

Hi,

i found a little break in the tech tree that makes the game crash when selecting a technology that requires the tech RADIO.

I have commented out the following lines out now it seems to work.

Maybe this helps a little for people that have eventually the same problem.

Greetings,

Darki

Attachments

• radio.JPG
    radio.JPG
    146.9 KB · Views: 92
And here an another little "break" in the tech tree for combustion.
I changed it to military science.

Attachments

• combustion.JPG
    combustion.JPG
    144.8 KB · Views: 104
v 4.02 impossible to download cause freakshare is down :( any other way?

Hey and welcome to the forum:band:[party], sorry to hear freakshare is down.
At the moment iirc this is the only place for 4.02, still working on 4.03.
So i will not upload 4.02 yet, sorry.

Top Bottom