CCTP Working Version Progress

Well i need to code flavors for more then 70 technologies, create text entries for all the new contant, balance more then 120 policies...

Not to mention of fixing many other parts and inlcude missing icons and splashes for many wonders.

The list is so long that i even cant write all parts down.

Changing current civs ist not part of this project now, if you would like to see the polish icon in your favorite colour, then your best chance is ether start working on it, or get someone to do this for you.

Sorry but cosmetic changes have currently a very low priority.

Some update notes....

*Prehistoric era is almost finished.
It will contain ca. 35 technologies, units and buildings/wonders are reranged, for historical reasons.
To be honest its hard to make this game more like in real life, lol.....:crazyeye:
Anyway some new units added like the Savage and the Galley for this era.
Also a Preworker unit, for improvements like the Tipi and the Camper (Outpost), will need a better name for this kind of improvement, also iam not sure if it will create a resource, like f.e. the flintstone.
Other minor and mayor changes.
*The system of the prerequested technologies is also under development
For some reasons one part of the techtree dislikes pretechs, and for this it will create a looding loop.
Some of you will noticed this in the past, will look for a workarround.
But until now the loading time is under 30 seconds for a big map with max civs.
*Wonders and some buidings are also under a quick rework, to avoid the same boni f.e.
*Well flavors and related parts are started, but will take a longer time to improve them like what i try to do with them.
It will need some feedback of you guys to improve it all.
The reason for this is, i dont have time for test playing, so you all will be the test group.:mischief:
*Lots of other changes, and while some new problems are reported due the community, i will try to figure out why they happen.

Ok thats all for now, and you know spelling mistakes makes my day:D

I suggest you add long-range missiles . Intercontinental Ballistic Missile

While talking about a suggest.

Thinks that need CCTP

Done

+SDi (with a 40+50%chance of encoutering enemy missels
*Adding Alpha Cenaturi stuff, grants a 2-4 method of hidding enemy missles.

We can add part like that really ot of the feeds, there are so many places we would like to alter, but time and balancing the whole mod is very time consuming.

We do the best, to get a bug free version as soon as we can.
Until that keep suggestions going, but dont hope we will implend them all.

P.S
Iam done with english, sorry for grammar.....

Currently you had Calculus in the Classical epic. Since Issac Newton was about 1700 AD.
If you like the links to have in in the Classical epic, maybe you should just rename it Euclidean geometry.

Well sometimes i think iam crazy:crazyeye:

So it looks like the most work is done.
Building and Technology costs of the early Eras are completed.

Next needed work before we can move out the first testing version will be the Policies.
Currently they are complete under development.
New Branches and Policies are implented but need to be balanced and incorporated into the CCTP mechanics.

If all goes as planned the Policies should be ready this weekend.
So that the next version is very soon avaible.;)

I'd be happy to playtest the new version when it's out! I'll share any bug reports, but hopefully there shouldn't be any.

I'd be happy to playtest the new version when it's out! I'll share any bug reports, but hopefully there shouldn't be any.

You are welcome.;)

I bet there will be some bugs, there are so many new features.

In fact CCTP Neo will contain more then 200 Policies, 450 Technologies, 600 Wonders/Buildings and countless Resources and Units.

Not to mention one new Era and a complete overwork of the Techtree.

Manpower and Electricity are now more included in many CCTP areas.

AI behavior is much improved at all.

So many other points.....

Missing are some Names, Icons and Text entries, but for a testing version this will be enough very soon.

While iam currently finishing my work for the first Neo version at all, i try to balance things here and there , but it will also need some in game hours to see where other tweaks will be needed.

PS

Iam lazy but here are some Screenshots for you.....

http://imgur.com/5fbEcdz,r2dXLQZ,DGjYlzY,QTeri14#2

I'd also like to test the experimental Neo build, and share info on any bugs, glitches, crashes or other issues related to features, functionality or intended design that I find in the mod. On another note, the images of the new build look good! Great work Gilga! :goodjob: :goodjob: :)

Hi everybody!

At first, Gilgamesch you do a realy good job and i cannot understand how you really manage to make so many changes on your own.
Now to the main question. I tried to play CCTP V.4.04 ( downloaded it from the first link on the first page). Some bugs that i encountered:
1. During the quick set up of the game one cannot see any leadears treats ( except Morocco's leader) and cannot choose from the leaders at all. This option only available through advanced set up;
2. If you choose the 4th difficulty level ( a prince ) after starting a new game it transforms to the second diff.level ( a cheftain). When i tried out a king dificulty - it worked fine ( without changes);
3. Does not work manpower at all!! So one cannot build any wonder except the first one. Although, i built some buildings which help to gain manpower, the number of the resourse "manpower" remains "0";
4. Year counting is absolutely wrong)) So i hitted the second era in 4835 AD)) And it was just 200th turn in the game.

At this moment this is what i can remember. I played all games on Continents Plus for Rumses ( normal pace, 4th difficulty ( which in fact was the second) level).

Thank you for your attention, and keep going you make a great job.

P.S. what kind of help do you need? I have two weeks before my classes start so maybe i can contribute to your poroject.

P.P.S sorry for some mistakes: English is not my native language)

Ups, did not see that you have a rebuild for 404 version. i am going to try it out.

Hi Gilgamesch :) I'm from Poland and i really want to make a translation of this mod. What you think about it?

Can let the barbarians evolve in later rounds in the terrorists, and terrorists in aliens?

Barbarian units do upgrade through eras (not to alien though), however barbarian is seen in the game as a civ, so I don't think could really change the civ name to terrorist or alien in game. Could add an alien unit for later game, but since encampments only spawn in tiles not visible, I'm not sure you'ld see many by that point.

Can let the barbarians evolve in later rounds in the terrorists, and terrorists in aliens?

We could rename some units, but like Gyogen noticed, they need unseen tiles to spawn. With a lua code you could create some Aliens (need the right art, like the Carnefex units from warhammer) that would spawn.

Ups, did not see that you have a rebuild for 404 version. i am going to try it out.

Hi Gilgamesch :) I'm from Poland and i really want to make a translation of this mod. What you think about it?

Welcome to the Forum to both of you;)
:dance::band::beer::banana::salute:

@Vixenus you are very welcome to traslate CCTP.
But i need to warn you, there are many text files in thsi mod.:crazyeye:
If you still like to help, please wait until Neo is out.

Ya, i know :) In previus version i translated about 30 000 characters, but in this version prodably i have to do it again ;d Today neo will be out?

Ya, i know :) In previus version i translated about 30 000 characters, but in this version prodably i have to do it again ;d Today neo will be out?

Not today:rolleyes:

Some work is still left, but not much.

The Policies and Technologies are complete, but some Buildings/Wonders need a little overwork.
Also many new Policies only got a number as a name, feel free to give us suggestions:)

Back
Top Bottom