Centralized Food System

Elucidus

King
This is probably a pipe dream especially the way growth is tied to food. But if we could make all food from all cities connected to the trade network added to a central pool.. All excess food that is, that would be great. How would cities grow then, we could generate a formula that would take into account a cities health and a cities happiness.

This food pool could be used to feed cities that don't make enough food for their people. I am probably not explaining this well enough, but I blame the medication, I am in pain and need to lay down, sorryf or the half-typed out idea. I will post more in a few hours.

it's already been done. namely my More Trade Routes mod. (check out my avatar to the left <-----) not only food, but hammers are also stored in a central pool, or treasury as I call it. i made two new processes (like Wealth) that turns production into food or hammers that would be placed in the treasury. another method to gather food is to set a city to "emphasizing avoid growth", and chopping will add hammers to the treasury instead of giving it to the nearest city.

The reverse operation I call borrowing food or hammers. I made new action buttons by the growth and production bars at the top. Pressing them will try to fill up the bar by taking food or hammers from the treasury.

Top Bottom