CFC Mobile access

AdHHH

Chief Of The Infidels
Hi guys,

Have been a forum user for many years and really like all the content posted, but I'm having difficulty accessing the site from a mobile. Whenever I try to read the site from an Android phone on the Chrome browser (a better browser IMO as it enlarges text for you) I have to click through 2 windows every time as I'm asked to pay for the Tapatalk app.

I understand the need totally to pay bills and so on but isn't there another way? This message comes up twice every time I move from one page to another and makes mobile access quite difficult.

Thanks in advance for your response, right time to get back to G&K :)

If you allow cookies, you won't get the message every time you visit. Note that one message is for forumrunner, the other for tapatalk. We installed support for these when they were free apps, but both have become paid-for apps now. I may review this. We get a number of people using tapatalk, but few using forumrunner. I may look for other free alternatives, but tapatalk probably is worth the money.

Can you disable the pop-ups? They're not very helpful anyway. I assume just removing the js from the webpage would be enough, or editing the .js file to remove the lines that call the popup.

Can you disable the pop-ups? They're not very helpful anyway. I assume just removing the js from the webpage would be enough, or editing the .js file to remove the lines that call the popup.

If I get time, I may disable the popups and edit in something to display on the home page instead.

But note that the cookie things works ok I think. I frequently visit from my ipad and don't get the popups.

Yeah it works fine for me too, FWIW. I guess some mobile browsers default to rejecting cookies.

I never see pop ups on my iPad.

I never see pop ups on my iPad.

It happens occasionally (but by no means every time) in Firefox for Android for me. I agree with the OP, it would be nice to have it removed, even if tapatalk was free I much prefer the desktop forum to any mobile view I've seen so far.

Hmm, I always get the popup (just one, for Forum Runner, although it doesn't say it's for Forum Runner unless I follow the App Store link) when I visit the site via iPad. And I accept cookies "from visited".

I've had issues with this for years. Any page on CFC I load on my iPod Touch gives me 2 annoying pop-ups asking me to install some apps. They may be great apps for all I know, but I'm just not interested, and having to constantly dismiss them is very annoying.

AdHHH -- to be clear, CFC receives no money from those ads or the sale of Tapatalk!

is there some generic forum browsing app that might be useful? Or perhaps it might be time for CFC.com to have an app of its own. I know a few other forums that have their own dedicated apps.

Yeah, a lot of websites do that now... They sell the app for $2.00 that only works on that one specific website. However, the Tapatalk app itself sells for the same $2.00, but works on all websites. E.g. the XDA developers forums have their own app, which is just a themed version of Tapatalk that only connects to the XDA website. But Tapatalk itself works with XDA just fine -- the app I bought in order to browse CFC works just fine on the XDA website, as well as a lot of other forums too.

The company seems a little unscrupulous tbh. But it's a really good app, so.........

I keep getting redirected when I click onto threads, boards, etc, to the Google Store. Oddly, its for a game called Candy Crush something. The redirect usually says adking in the address bar before taking me to the store/market.

I keep getting redirected when I click onto threads, boards, etc, to the Google Store. Oddly, its for a game called Candy Crush something. The redirect usually says adking in the address bar before taking me to the store/market.

I suddenly started getting stuff like this too.

I suddenly started getting stuff like this too.

I looked at the Google Store page today. It is for a game called Candy Crush. So, I looked up the dev.

http://www.king.com/

Probably the most intrusive advertising I've ever dealt with on this forum. An actual redirect to a store page.

It stopped for a day, and I thought it was all good. Then it started happening twice as much.

Top Bottom