Challenge: Getting Lib from Oracle

Realistically, the AI can research Priesthood in a reasonable time with just the city tile, but building it changes things. If the city tile has even just two hammers, it'll take only 75 turns, which is doable in a game. 3 hammers (on a plains hill), 50 turns. 4 hammers (on a resource), 38 turns. 4 hammers (on a resource that is marble), 19 turns.

Makes you think eh?

Thinking again, if the case was 4 hammers and marble access, you could call peace to let the AI settle another city and raze the first.

Realistically, the AI can research Priesthood in a reasonable time with just the city tile, but building it changes things. If the city tile has even just two hammers, it'll take only 75 turns, which is doable in a game. 3 hammers (on a plains hill), 50 turns. 4 hammers (on a resource), 38 turns. 4 hammers (on a resource that is marble), 19 turns.

Makes you think eh?

Thinking again, if the case was 4 hammers and marble access, you could call peace to let the AI settle another city and raze the first.

Realistically, if you're got units in their BFC at war and have pillaged all of its tiles, the AI isn't going to be building the oracle. Putting a unit on every tile is probably overkill.

Realistically, if you're got units in their BFC at war and have pillaged all of its tiles, the AI isn't going to be building the oracle. Putting a unit on every tile is probably overkill.

I put that into the plan, what I said was just based on the tile the city is on.

Tried a Prince game on marathon with a quencha rush and harrassing the last player as the strategy. Ended up with a lying down H shaped map with me on the bottom left peninsula and one player on the far end of the other 3. Distance was just too far.

The immortal and deity records for conquest on a standard map are both before 1900 BC. AFAIK, the oracle probably wouldn't be taken by then...the only snag is that the rules here forbid turning off barbs...but that's nothing capturing or building the great wall couldn't handle, since most of the city captures will be done before they will even enter borders...and quechas own early barbs.

In other words, if this turns into a truly serious competition, nobody is going to win below immortal.

Top Bottom